Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Yabba Dabba Doo!
    Last edited by Dino; May 21st, 2011 at 11:24 AM.

Finally?
    I would try listing it without using ANY reference to EVH at all. Bidders can clearly see what it is, then see if they yank it.
    I honestly don't think it would matter to a potential buyer...and they can send you questions about the guitar.

Edward has become a serious greedy asshole if you ask me....we can't have it unless he builds it and rips us off to own it...Fuck Him!!!

Yabba Dabba Doo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathedral =I= View Post
    I would try listing it without using ANY reference to EVH at all. Bidders can clearly see what it is, then see if they yank it.
    I honestly don't think it would matter to a potential buyer...and they can send you questions about the guitar.

Edward has become a serious greedy asshole if you ask me....we can't have it unless he builds it and rips us off to own it...Fuck Him!!!
    I would like nothing more than to list it that way, Cat. But listing it without any reference to EVH would only make it difficult for anyone to find.

When they pulled my auction, I had over 700 views, 50 watchers, and 1 bid ... with two days to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino View Post
    I would like nothing more than to list it that way, Cat. But listing it without any reference to EVH would only make it difficult for anyone to find.

When they pulled my auction, I had over 700 views, 50 watchers, and 1 bid ... with two days to go.
    You should've included some "Frankenstrat" strap hooks with your "EVH" pick - HA! Sorry about the PM, I'm sure you noticed the link.

Yabba Dabba Doo!
    Quote Originally Posted by LAD-1972 View Post
    You should've included some "Frankenstrat" strap hooks with your "EVH" pick - HA! Sorry about the PM, I'm sure you noticed the link.
    Frankenstrat strap hooks! Damn!

That's a good one Lou!

Roadie
    Quote Originally Posted by Dino View Post
    Hey Lou!
    Thanks for the tips!
    I was just going to throw in an EVH strap and use that in my title, but "for an EVH fan" works too. lol

I wonder, would "EVH style" work as well? I dunno.

I think I'll just throw in the strap and relist it.
    This time, I may even include a scan of the copyright for good measure.
    Would you have any problems if you listed it as "The guy who knows how to cure cancer paint job"?

You can sell some picks with it that have the surgeon general's warning to further protect yourself....

Stunning guitar...Brilliant theme.
    Last edited by Arson; May 21st, 2011 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathedral =I= View Post
    Last night my friends and I were discussing this guy we know who's had major alcohol problems his whole life. The guy got fired from the job where he worked with me, and he's been through all kinds of other jobs since, and has also lost his house and his wife and kids. Eventually his mom even kicked him out of the house she rented for him.

All of which is to say, we wonder why Van Halen isn't keeping their legacy up there with Led Zeppelin, and why Eddie doesn't seem to do much but say "Happy New Year" ever three or four years. I don't know if it's greed so much as Eddie has a monkey on his back we can't even imagine. Maybe other rock stars can kick heroin and keep rocking into their 60's, but something has a harder grip on Eddie, and I guess what makes it harder is you can get it at any grocery store. Just reflecting on that other guy, I feel like I see what Van Halen is up against more clearly now.

No cheer******s allowed!
    The thing is Dino IS using Edward's name to sell his camo guitar.
    He's utilizing a design originated by Ed, though adding the Desert storm theme, and he IS using EVH in his listing.

It is misleading, because Ed has his EVH line of gear, and Ed doesn't want to be associated with a brand that is not his own.
    The other thing is that, by using Ed references in his guitar listing, he is getting more hits than just listing: Camo guitar for sale, Dino.

Ed's not getting a cut on the profits, so he's not being completely out of line here.

What if Dino was a huge rock legend, and Ed was a guy building & selling guitars on eBay.
    What if Ed listed: Warmouth strat, Birdseye maple, Dino Guitarworks.
    You better believe Dino would take exception & say, "Knock it off, man."
    Now picture a thousand Ed's using Dino's name, to draw interest to their eBay listings.

If you go way back to the late 70's/1980, Ed was still THAT guy.
    He was bullshit over Grover Jackson copying his Bee, and marketing it to the public.
    In every early interview, he referenced that situation, he didn't like being taken advantage of.

No cheer******s allowed!
    [QUOTE=Cathedral =I=;261}

Edward has become a serious greedy asshole if you ask me....we can't have it unless he builds it and rips us off to own it...Fuck Him!!![/QUOTE]

I disagree.

If you designed something, then had your own company manufacturing items under your name, you would take offense to outside parties selling their wares using your name.

Yabba Dabba Doo!
    Yeah, I used Ed's name to increase hits ... so what.
    I did not mis-represent the guitar in any way, shape, or form.

My thought was that EVERYONE should have had the opportunity to see the guitar and judge for themselves whether they wanted it or not, not just a select few who happened to accidently stumble on the auction because of it's lack of description in the title.

It doesn't matter ... I removed the auction.