Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 41
  1. #11
    Finally?
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Panama City Beach, Florida
    Posts
    6,270
    Quote Originally Posted by jimi1152 View Post
    Not sure. He dropped off all of the boards he used to post on. Personally, I think he just got tired of all the nonsense...
    I wouldn't doubt it, same thing with me. boards just don't rank in my daily schedule anymore, it's reserved only for bored time when all I'd be doing is watching the tube.

  2. #12
    Yabba Dabba Doo!
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,864
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathedral =I= View Post
    That looks sweet, and there is nothing anyone can do to stop him. I'm sure he's making an enemy out of Edward though, but who fucking cares?
    I'm tired of rich people thinking they own the fucking world and having the right to tell me what I can and can't do with paint designs.

    I need a camo-halen finish on my acoustic.
    I'm sorry Cat, but you can't paint a camo-halen finish on your acoustic ... I own the copyright. (kidding)

    Jimi's right, I did it in response to Ed's lawyers sending me "cease and desist" letters and eBay shutting down my auctions.
    Cat hit the nail on the head with "I'm tired of rich people thinking they own the fucking world and having the right to tell me what I can and can't do with paint designs".

  3. #13
    Central Scrutinizer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,270
    DINO!!!!!
    What's up, bro?!! Where you been?!!
    Last edited by jimi1152; May 19th, 2011 at 11:11 PM.
    WGAF?!!

  4. #14
    Yabba Dabba Doo!
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,864
    Quote Originally Posted by jimi1152 View Post
    DINO!!!!!
    What's up, bro?!! Where you been?!!
    Wassup Jimi!!!!!
    I've been around, just not on the boards.


    Well ... eBay did it again.
    They say they removed my auction for "browse manipulation" because I used brand names like Charvel, Kramer, and EVH in my title.

    The fact is, someone had to have reported it to eBay in order for them to take action. Most likely, it was someone who had some vested interest in doing so. Whether it be a fellow builder or Ed's lawyers. Either way, I guess I'm sorta flattered that someone would feel that threatened. Kinda makes me want to build and paint an entire fleet of em!

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Dino View Post

    Well ... eBay did it again.
    They say they removed my auction for "browse manipulation" because I used brand names like Charvel, Kramer, and EVH in my title.

    The fact is, someone had to have reported it to eBay in order for them to take action. Most likely, it was someone who had some vested interest in doing so. Whether it be a fellow builder or Ed's lawyers. Either way, I guess I'm sorta flattered that someone would feel that threatened. Kinda makes me want to build and paint an entire fleet of em!
    Hey Dino... it's Lou. Miss checking out your sweet custom paint jobs!

    Anyway… a friend of mine had the same trouble selling merchandise that was referencing a brand name product. According to eBay, you're allowed to make reference to your product as long as it describes the items intended use such as "a homemade guitar made for an EVH fan..." you can read more about it under "Brand" and decide for yourself. It helped him - Hope it helps you!http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...pulation.html#

  6. #16
    Yabba Dabba Doo!
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,864
    Quote Originally Posted by LAD-1972 View Post
    Hey Dino... it's Lou. Miss checking out your sweet custom paint jobs!

    Anyway… a friend of mine had the same trouble selling merchandise that was referencing a brand name product. According to eBay, you're allowed to make reference to your product as long as it describes the items intended use such as "a homemade guitar made for an EVH fan..." you can read more about it under "Brand" and decide for yourself. It helped him - Hope it helps you!http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...pulation.html#
    Hey Lou!
    Thanks for the tips!
    I was just going to throw in an EVH strap and use that in my title, but "for an EVH fan" works too. lol

    I wonder, would "EVH style" work as well? I dunno.

    I think I'll just throw in the strap and relist it.
    This time, I may even include a scan of the copyright for good measure.
    Last edited by Dino; May 20th, 2011 at 12:55 PM.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Dino View Post
    Hey Lou!
    Thanks for the tips!
    I was just going to throw in an EVH strap and use that in my title, but "for an EVH fan" works too. lol

    I wonder, would "EVH style" work as well? I dunno.

    I think I'll just throw in the strap and relist it.
    This time, I may even include a copy of the copyright for good measure.
    If you list it as an "EVH brand strap with custom striped guitar" I don't see how that could be misleading about your items. I'm not sure if listing "in the style of" would be a violation or not? Ultimately, I'm sure an actual person made the decision to yank your auction even if a bot red flagged it in the beginning. Good-luck to you!

  8. #18
    Yabba Dabba Doo!
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,864
    Quote Originally Posted by LAD-1972 View Post
    If you list it as an "EVH brand strap with custom striped guitar" I don't see how that could be misleading about your items. I'm not sure if listing "in the style of" would be a violation or not? Ultimately, I'm sure an actual person made the decision to yank your auction even if a bot red flagged it in the beginning. Good-luck to you!
    Yeah, it was definately an actual person ...
    A person with some vested interest in one way or another or maybe just someone with entirely too much time on their hands. Oh well.

    Good talkin to you Lou!

  9. #19
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    5,746
    Hey, is that Lou from the old Diamond Dave forums, and I believe also Dime a Dozen and Trader's Den? If so, let me thank you for some sweet bootlegs!

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
    Hey, is that Lou from the old Diamond Dave forums, and I believe also Dime a Dozen and Trader's Den? If so, let me thank you for some sweet bootlegs!
    Nah, different Lou. I'm just a guitar building hack - HA!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Dino's 5150
    By Dino in forum The Guitar Shop
    Replies: 134
    Last Post: November 14th, 2009, 12:50 PM
  2. EVH Camo Guitar ... Project in Progress
    By Dino in forum The Guitar Shop
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: May 23rd, 2006, 11:34 PM
  3. VH Selling Out
    By i1sum2! in forum Main Classic Van Halen Discussion Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: November 4th, 2004, 02:00 PM
  4. VH selling a lot of tickets!
    By unchainedguitars in forum Main Classic Van Halen Discussion Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: April 11th, 2004, 06:00 PM
  5. Selling Insturments
    By Sean Van Halen in forum The Guitar Shop
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 11th, 2004, 01:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •