Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Foo Fighters & Lemmy Kilmister: Lemmy Featured In New Foo Fighters Video - Feb. 13, 2
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Band Manager

Cool Foo Fighters & Lemmy Kilmister: Lemmy Featured In New Foo Fighters Video - Feb. 13, 2

MOTÖRHEAD frontman and rock icon Lemmy Kilmister is featured in the video for the new new FOO FIGHTERS song "White Limo", which will appear on FOO's forthcoming album, due on April 12. You can now check out the clip below.

According to The Pulse Of Radio, the new FOO FIGHTERS single, called "Rope", won't arrive at rock radio stations until the morning of February 23, but Explore Music had a chance to preview the track. The site's Alan Cross wrote that the song sounds like "in a word, RUSH," adding, "The interplay between guitars, bass and drums could be an instrumental bit from (1977 RUSH album) 'A Farewell To Kings' or bits of 'La Villa Strangiato' from (1978's) 'Hemispheres', complete with multi-part drum breaks and quick shifts in time signature . . . It's certainly a very bold move for a first single."

Cross also says, "This is Dave (Grohl)'s call, too. Sure, they could have gone with a 'Learn To Fly'-style radio-friendly first single, but Dave overruled that, insisting that they go with 'Rope' because it better captures the vibe of the recording sessions. (But don't worry; there are plenty of radio-friendly quintessential Foos on the the CD.)"

The new FOO FIGHTERS album, their seventh and first since 2007, was produced by Butch Vig.

The band has yet to announce a title for the record, which was recorded in Dave Grohl's garage on old-fashioned analog tape.

FOO FIGHTERS have played two secret shows in the last few weeks, one in Santa Barbara and one in Los Angeles, at which the band played the entire new album from start to finish. More surprise gigs are possibly on the way.

The group has confirmed several festival dates both in the U.S. and abroad but has not yet unveiled full tour plans behind the new CD.

Note: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=153880
    Van Halen Blog 2.0 (New Blog):
    http://van-halen5150-br.blogspot.com/

Van Halen Blog 1.0:

Band Manager

Cool

Very cool video, good rock and roll.

Lemmy = Rock On.

Van Halen Blog 1.0:

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation

Yeah, I heard about that stuff in another forum.

Guys look great in that picture. Lemmy is the man!

Looking forward to see Motörhead live in April/2011 and to listen to this new FF effort!
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. It’s just me and Al — a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and we’re good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. He’s no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, I’ll probably go with him.” GC

Chief Fluffer Inspector
    Great video, Humerto... Glad to say I have seen both bandas & met both Dave & Lemmy on separate occaisions & did a shot of Jack w/ Lemmy!... 2 more things off my bucket list...
    THE WORLD AWAITS... RELEASE THE KRACKEN!!!

EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by KTC5150 View Post
    Great video, Humerto... Glad to say I have seen both bandas & met both Dave & Lemmy on separate occaisions & did a shot of Jack w/ Lemmy!... 2 more things off my bucket list...
    that is a great story !
    good job bro .
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Humberto5150 View Post
    Very cool video, good rock and roll.

Lemmy = Rock On.
    pretty good song , and glad to see Lemmy is still kicking ass after all these years too !
    he does a song on the new Slash solo cd as well that is pretty cool , IMO
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."

Chief Fluffer Inspector
    Gotta agree w/ ya on Lemme's singing on Slash's solo album... GREAT ALBUM!
    THE WORLD AWAITS... RELEASE THE KRACKEN!!!

EVH diehard ...

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by KTC5150 View Post
    Gotta agree w/ ya on Lemme's singing on Slash's solo album... GREAT ALBUM!
    i've had this album in my player quite a lot lately .
    a very impressive effort , IMO.
    i mostly like the tunes Ghost , Crucify the Dead , Gotten , I Hold On , and Watch This .

some very nice soloing by Slash .
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation

Cool video, Humberto.

I didn't know that The Foos are a 5-piece unit now.
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. It’s just me and Al — a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and we’re good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. He’s no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, I’ll probably go with him.” GC

Band Manager

Cool Foo Fighters Releases First Single "Rope"

Foo Fighters - Rope

Foo Fighters - Rope (Letter):

This indecision got me climbing up the walls
    I've been cheating gravity and waiting on the falls
    How did this come over me, I thought I was above it all
    Our hopes gone up in smoke, swallow in your crown

Show... On a kiss, Thought i'd save my breath for you
    Show... On a kiss ,Thought i'd save my breath for you

Give me some rope I'm coming loose
    I'm hanging on you
    I'm pulling for you now
    Give me some rope I'm coming, out of my head
    Into the clear when you, go
    I come loose

These premonitions got me crying up a storm
    Leave your condition, this position does no harm

Show... On a kiss, Thought i'd save my breath for you
    Show... On a kiss ,Thought i'd save my breath for you

I'm hanging on you
    I'm pulling for you now
    Into the clear when you go
    I come loose

I'm hanging on you
    I'm pulling for you now
    Give me some rope I'm coming through
    I'm coming on you
    Iinto the clear when you, go
    I go
    Loose

[NEWS] ROB HALFORD, LEMMY, ALICE COOPER, DAVE GROHL To Appear On RONNIE JAMES DIO Tribute Album - Feb. 25, 2011

Ronnie James Dio's widow and manager Wendy has revealed to AOL's Noisecreep that Rob Halford (JUDAS PRIEST), Glenn Hughes (DEEP PURPLE, BLACK SABBATH, BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION), Dave Grohl (FOO FIGHTERS, NIRVANA), Lemmy Kimister (MOTÖRHEAD), Alice Cooper, Sebastian Bach (SKID ROW) and Chris Jericho (FOZZY) are among the artists who will appear on a forthcoming tribute album to Ronnie. Grohl will do the BLACK SABBATH hit "Mob Rules" and Halford will take on "Long Live Rock 'N' Roll". Cooper already has a song in mind, going back to the ELF days, according to Wendy.

"Rainbow In The Dark: The Autobiography Of Ronnie James Dio", the revealing memoir of the heavy metal master, will be published in the spring of 2012 via MTV Books.

With nearly five decades of worldwide success and album sales in the tens of millions as the front man of ELF, RAINBOW, DIO, BLACK SABBATH, and, most recently, HEAVEN & HELL, Ronnie James Dio grabbed the mic, took the stage, and led a movement whose influence resonates to this day. In "Rainbow In The Dark", Dio himself will introduce the reader to this incredible life and the over 50 photographs included will provide readers with an unprecedented all-access pass to the rock concert of a lifetime.

Wendy Dio revealed in a recent interview that Ronnie James Dio's memoir was three-quarters written before the singer's death and that she has until June 2011 to finish it so that it could be released the following spring.

"Everything Ronnie did, lyrics or anything, was always handwritten," Wendy told VH1 Classic Rock Nights. "He didn't do anything on the computer. So he would handwrite it and then he'd give it to me and then I'd give it to my assistant, she'd type it up. So that's how it went and, of course, I'd read it along the way and it's very, very interesting. It's just interesting the way his stories are; he was a storyteller. Ronnie was always a storyteller and it's just great stories."

"Rainbow In The Dark: The Autobiography Of Ronnie James Dio" was sold at auction to Jacob Hoye, Senior Director of Publishing at MTV Books, by Shawna Morey, in her first deal at Folio Literary Management, LLC.

Renowned for his powerful, hard-driving vocals, Dio lends that unique voice to recount his extraordinary journey from early pioneer in a burgeoning music movement to his undisputed reign atop the heavy metal landscape. He was born in a time and to a family so far removed from the hard-rocking world he would dominate for nearly five decades, but his unbounded passion and peerless talent broke barriers and legitimized heavy metal as an alternative art form. His creative genius made him a legend.

During his life, Dio drew on the energy and devotion of millions of fans from around the world for the strength to create, entertain, and give back. In his death, he leaves us with his own voice and his own story to edify and inspire. He also leaves us perhaps his most important legacy, the Ronnie James Dio "Stand Up and Shout" Cancer Fund, a non-profit founded by Wendy Dio, to fund and advocate for cancer research and screenings for society’s underprivileged.

Note: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=154528

Van Halen Blog 1.0: