Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Friends of the opposite sex...
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.

View Poll Results: Can Men and Women be friends without it eventually becoming more?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (Please explain your answer)

7 58.33%
  • NO (Please explain your answer)

5 41.67%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Finally?

Friends of the opposite sex...

There is a huge debate in some circles about the relationships between friends of the opposite sex, so I bring the debate to you all in order to collect as many varying opinions as possible.
    It has been my own personal experience that at some point feelings develope in one or the other that are unexpected.
    In some cases these feelings are never brought to the surface, other times, it creates a situation where impulses are acted upon only to result in regret, or extra marital affairs.
    I want to hear your opinions on such a situation, so here goes.

Finally?
    My vote is NO...
    Though it is possible for some casual friendships between two opposing sexes to be completely innocent it is more often than not impossible for both parties NEVER to see the friend as something more.
    Women are much better at keeping feelings at bay (generally speaking of course) than a man is solely based on the male nature.

My wife has lots of guy friends and it has never bothered me because I trust her completely. However, there are a couple of these guys who have "tested the water" by making certain comments to her that her response would either signal a green light or a red light. She was absolutely ignorant to their underlying motives until I, being a man, pointed them out to her.
    So, we tested them testing the theory, and I was right as both guys who were "testing the water" got offended and reacted in a jealous manner towards me.
    In both cases these guys were single, there has never been anything out of the norm concerning those friends who are married.

She was surprised and disappointed that these two "friends" had so little respect for the fact that she is happily married.

I'm the kind of guy who has been around the block a few times and I have been cheated on before. I was the cheater in one relationship and I can tell you from experience that it isn't worth it to engage in secondary relationships. I also know that once your partner/spouse starts an affair there is no point in trying to salvage the relationship and it is best to move on and NOT make a big stink out of it.
    After the fact there will always be trust issues and THAT is absolutely no way to live.
    I try to remember that no matter how well you think you know someone, you never really truly know what they are capable of.

Starving Guitarguy
    I agree.
    I had to exsplain that to my wife also.
    Men are men.
    And as crule as it sounds....
    If women didn't have vaginas, men would have nothing to do with em.
    "Talent is God Given, But Success is Hard Work"

www.ronscustomguitars.com

Dance Baby!
    I vote NO!

It's not because men are dogs, but because we are MEN.

Sure, men can be friends with women without "wanting" to have sex with them. I believe those men are called, GAY.
    Daniel (1994-2013)

Love ya moms......
    I voted yes because if Rosie O Donnel and I were the last surviving male and female on the earth,id rather drink muddy water and sleep in a hollow log then have anything to do with her.

i think it needs to be clarified.
    a man and an attractive woman cannot just be friends.
    a man and an unattractive woman can be friends.
    it changes with other people being involved. friends of friends etc.
    also a man may be able to be just friends with an attractive woman if she is widely known to have some deeper flaw.

and don't forget attractiveness can be subjective, hot to you may not be hot to super shallow me.
    A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.
    Frank Zappa

THEE bassist for VH
    Quote Originally Posted by spanishfly View Post
    a man and an attractive woman cannot just be friends.
    a man and an unattractive woman can be friends.
    This is so true. How old are you again 'Fly? Ya nailed this. If she's hot, you were already thinking about what she's like in the sack. Once you make a move on her, you just went beyond the friendship level. Although, there is another type of woman that might throw ya. She's the gal with the hot bod, street smarts, but has a rough looking face. What do you do then? Nail her anyway, then kick her to the curb? Or, bang her as much as she will allow you? If she's rich, then what? Keep her?

TPS Reports
    I vote NO!

Depends on the situation, of course, but it didn't work out for me.

And I hope that fucking cunt dies a slow and painful death.

But I'm not bitter.
    Go RAMS!

Quote Originally Posted by i1sum2! View Post
    This is so true. How old are you again 'Fly? Ya nailed this. If she's hot, you were already thinking about what she's like in the sack. Once you make a move on her, you just went beyond the friendship level. Although, there is another type of woman that might throw ya. She's the gal with the hot bod, street smarts, but has a rough looking face. What do you do then? Nail her anyway, then kick her to the curb? Or, bang her as much as she will allow you? If she's rich, then what? Keep her?
    just oldl enough to legally drink in the states
    A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.
    Frank Zappa

oh and butterfaces... dunno never had to deal with them. I suppose i would keep my distance and just oggle the good parts
    Frank Zappa