Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Original Ibanez Destroyer Pre-'Shark' Part II - Page 15
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    Band Manager
    Hi everyone! I saw this great picture posted on the Facebook page of the Van Halen tribute band "Fan Halen" and on the halen.com forum. I thought I would post it here since it bookends all the research that has been done on Eddie's Ibanez Destroyer. This is the only picture that I have ever seen of Eddie playing his Destroyer in it's stock "Korina" (or more accurately "amber colored epoxy") finish. According to the Fan Halen Facebook page notes, this was supposedly taken at the Tahitian Village club in Downey, CA in June of 1975. I'm not certain of the date, but this is certainly the earliest and best picture of Ed with his Destroyer and again, to the best of my knowledge, this is the only picture of Eddie with his Destroyer in it's closest to stock state...ie. stock "Korina" finish and before he swapped the control knobs with his sunburst strat. This helps to confirm the story that Marvin Rinnig told me about Eddie changing the knobs on or near to the date that the color Starwood photos were taken.

The next photo was taken after the above picture, but before the Musikfoto.com color pictures. You can see the Destroyer painted white leaning against the Hiwatt stack behind Dave.

Only a little tardy
    Great find. You don't see very many pics of them in 1975, especially with the Destroyer.

No cheer******s allowed!
    That is an amazing shot, and what an iconic guitar!

I picture them jamming "Fools," in that pic.

Man! I love when stuff like this turns up! great post man!!!

EVH diehard ...
    Wow !
    That's such a great photo of early VH . Thanks very much , garbeaj . It doesn't get much rarer than that !!!
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

Band Manager
    DLR1973 posted this in the "Cool Rare Pics" thread and I just had to post it here to add to the story of my build and the research I did on Ed's original Destroyer...Super cool pic!! Thanks to again DLR1973

This photo was taken at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium sometime around 1975-1976...love the two Marshalls with no tolex and the Orange head...
    Last edited by garbeaj; August 18th, 2014 at 03:40 PM.

Groupie

Original Ibanez Destroyer Pre Shark Part II

Hi Marcel, these were original working destinations bus blinds and would have been on a roll with different destinations at the front of the bus, the driver would have turned a Handel to make the roll turn to change destinations. They are in very good condition considering they would have been used on the front of the bus for many years.