Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Michael Phelps Saga
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yabba Dabba Doo!

Michael Phelps Saga

Sure, the guy used poor judgement in putting himself in a position where someone could take pictures of him doing bong hits, but c'mon ...
    Strip the dude of his medals?

That's what some folks are proposing, and I think it's ridiculous.
    Does anyone seriously think smoking weed helped Michael Phelps win 8 gold medals in the 2008 Beijing Summer Olympic Games?
    C'mon folks ... weed is anything but a performance-enhancment drug.

Sure, he may not be the "sharpest knife in the drawer", but I'd really hate to see him loose his endorsement deals and the recognition he so rightfully deserves for his Olympic performance because of something so irrelavent.

What do you think?

Starving Guitarguy
    I agree Dino.
    Im sure what Dolphin boy was doing is nothing compared to some of the shit our so called "role models" do.
    Didn't I hear somewhere our new president used to do blow?
    So Fuckin What?
    "Talent is God Given, But Success is Hard Work"

www.ronscustomguitars.com

Permanent vacation
    It's total foolishness. Hard to believe that people are still so hung up on weed these days, of all things. Who exactly are these cretins that are still clinging to the War on Drugs rhetoric, and out to punish good citizens over private recreational activities?

As Ron says... 'So fuckin' what?'
    "I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I donít care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. My affections, being concentrated over a few people, are not spread all over Hell in a vile attempt to placate sulky, worthless shits."

~ William S. Burroughs

Yabba Dabba Doo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron4406 View Post
    I agree Dino.
    Im sure what Dolphin boy was doing is nothing compared to some of the shit our so called "role models" do.
    Didn't I hear somewhere our new president used to do blow?
    So Fuckin What?
    Actually, I think our old president did blow.
    Obama smokes the ganja.
    But yeah! ... exactly!

TPS Reports
    Not a big deal as far as I'm concerned, but he should have known better. I'm not ripping him for smoking weed, he should have been more careful about who he was smoking around. He's famous. Can't trust anyone.
    Go RAMS!

Checking in
    I seem to recall our Super Bowl MVP admitting earlier this week that he used to deal drugs. So what's with this "strip him of the medal" crap with Phelps for just smoking them?

And, honestly, is anybody really all that surprised that Phelps smokes weed? Odds were that it was gonna get to him somehow. He just got caught, which sucks for him.

He takes on a bit more responsibility with all the endorsemensts and shit he has now, so I suppose he dug his own grave on this one. When you're in a situation like that, you gotta keep in the back of your mind what you could lose if you do something stupid. Still sucks though.

Git some!
    Hey a little weed everynow and then doesn't hurt. LOL
    Ready, Eddie!

Love ya moms......
    Both Santonio holmes and James Harrison have at one time or another had domestic abuse charges hanging above their heads......true class acts

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_560579.html

As for phelps........stupid is as stupid does

Checking in
    Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand View Post
    Both Santonio holmes and James Harrison have at one time or another had domestic abuse charges hanging above their heads......true class acts
    I had no idea about the abuse charges against either of them. Guess they were just lightly reported on.

It always seems like we're much quicker to forgive and forget with NFL stars then in any other sport. Vick was really one of the first NFL stars that was really demonized for what he did. Ray Lewis kills a guy, someone gets shot with Marvin Harrison's gun, Randy Moss admits that he smokes dope all the time, and more abuse charges and DUI's then you can shake a stick at. And we almost never bring these things up after they initially break. Then Phelps gets caught with a bong, and we're taking his medals away.

I just don't get it.

Love ya moms......
    Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave View Post
    I had no idea about the abuse charges against either of them. Guess they were just lightly reported on.

It always seems like we're much quicker to forgive and forget with NFL stars then in any other sport. Vick was really one of the first NFL stars that was really demonized for what he did. Ray Lewis kills a guy, someone gets shot with Marvin Harrison's gun, Randy Moss admits that he smokes dope all the time, and more abuse charges and DUI's then you can shake a stick at. And we almost never bring these things up after they initially break. Then Phelps gets caught with a bong, and we're taking his medals away.

I just don't get it.
    Ya think that makes ya sick.......check out the case of Leonard Little the DE for the STL Rams...............who in 98 decides to drive drunk,runs into a lady,kills her......and get a whopping 90 days in jail and 4 yrs probition.....then in 2004 hes caught again drunk driving.......not sure what happened there...might have to check into it.
    Famous people{especially sports plyrs} are held to a differnent standard then you and I.......you can bet your ass tho if this were you or I,our ass would be sitting in prison right now......