Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Possible anti-spam measure? - Page 21
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    This is why i agree with Erupted's suspicions.

As soon as he responded to that one, he then used his other alias.
    It's like a game, kind of tossing it in our faces.

If he is, indeed, innocent, it's regretful.

The shenanigans with this "noyd" thing, has become far worse since.
    I'm getting these homo-erotic pm's, bizarre friend requests, etc.
    It's becoming the focal point on here, which is sad, because it's not even a clever/interesting troll.
    Turning on one another, pointing fingers and making unsubstantiated allegations, is exactly what the troll wants, so please resist the urge.

The problem is clearly not just contained to this site. It's part of a wider issue on Van Halen related websites, forums and comment sections.

I naturally have my suspicions also, that another site may be harboring this troll, but again with out enough substantiation at this point, I am not prepared to make a specific accusation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    Well, about fuckin time...only 12 hrs or so late. Sometimes this place is a joke and it's infuriating for some of us who actually care about this site and this band.
    Quote Originally Posted by spanishfly View Post
    Sorry dude. I have other things to do like study for my exams.
    I check in when I can.

If you find such problems, the best thing to do is report the post. It sends out an email to all the mods.
    Rather than turn on the mods, who have so far banned 11 troll aliases, please assist by alerting us as described above.

I'm sure with every comment like JD's this troll is recording another result.

Only a little tardy
    Quote Originally Posted by DLR 1973 View Post
    As I also said before I will review the MEZRO account once this situation is resolved.

The MEZRO account appears to be receiving most of the flack, and when it doesn't post for a few days, the troll reverts to sending out random hate messages to other members and forums. Sometimes just one or two. However the subject matter is still MEZRO in the messages.

But the longer MEZRO is away, the more of a stink this troll creates. Last Sunday was a prime example.

So you see, no MEZRO = hello sh*tstorm.

This troll has multiple accounts and I did warn you last week of one that you welcomed in the Fan Introduction forum, so if you see anything suspicious let us know.
    I know, I just seems that if the Mezro account disappeared the shitstorm would have to subside. The messages always mention Mezro specifically.

Yes, you did warn me. It really sucks that the only new members we get now a days are trolls.
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

Quote Originally Posted by Nick AVH fan View Post
    I know, I just seems that if the Mezro account disappeared the shitstorm would have to subside. The messages always mention Mezro specifically.

Yes, you did warn me. It really sucks that the only new members we get now a days are trolls.
    The trolls pattern on other websites, including youtube, indicates that once a member left he would simply move on to harassing another member.

And then we loose someone else, and so on, just like the other sites.

Quick fixes, such as banning his aliases, are not working in the longer term. We are looking for a solution to the whole problem and not just a quick fix.

Only a little tardy
    Roger that.
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

No cheer******s allowed!
    I'm still not convinced.

We need more mods, we need more people keeping an eye on shenanigans.
    It's become a "free for all," with the inmates running the asylum.

If i'm wrong about this, i regret pointing fingers.
    But my gut tells me otherwise.

Git some!
    I'm still not convinced.

We need more mods, we need more people keeping an eye on shenanigans.
    It's become a "free for all," with the inmates running the asylum.

If i'm wrong about this, i regret pointing fingers.
    But my gut tells me otherwise.
    If it gets really that damn bad, I'll volunteer some of my time to delete the trolls.
    Ready, Eddie!

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by EVH_Erupted View Post
    If it gets really that damn bad, I'll volunteer some of my time to delete the trolls.
    You & Nick, both, would make excellent mods.
    And you're both visible, unlike Mallon who became a mod, & promptly vanished.

Freak needs to look at the folks that have stuck it out, through the lean times:
    You, Nick, jack, even 1234.

Like Mike
    You & Nick, both, would make excellent mods.
    And you're both visible, unlike Mallon who became a mod, & promptly vanished.

Freak needs to look at the folks that have stuck it out, through the lean times:
    You, Nick, jack, even 1234.
    I would have become a mod a year or two ago, but I don't think I'd be attentive enough now.
    Then again, it's winter now and I don't have much to do...

I still say UG should be mod.