Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Possible anti-spam measure? - Page 20
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    I know who the guy spamming our site is.

Way before I joined this site, there was this guy on YouTube named "Adnoydall," who would relentlessly troll Eruption videos calling Eddie stupid and his fans idiotic. However, it wasn't just a random troll; the guy literally has tens of thousands of comments, and he is still doing it today under the names "fanboys247 and "edisnotgod."

He was so dedicated in his trolling, that it was actually fun to reply to him and get under his skin. Me, this guy named Milan Looch, and another guy named "pabloramirez" would all argue back and forth with Adnoydall. It was very juvenile but it was amusing. pabloramirez eventually created a second YouTube account named ckr1231 because he was afraid he would get banned. He used to have an account on this site I believe.

Eventually, pabloramirez/ckr1231 started getting carried away with the Adnoydall thing, and he for some reason thought he had found out Adnoydall's real named and address. He started accusing Adnoydall of being some guy named Kendall Barnes in Wisconsin. He actually started harassing the guy on Facebook. I think the wind up was that it wasn't Adnoydall to begin with. Anyway, when arguing with Adnoydall, pabloramirz/ckr1231 would used obscene language and racial slurs repeatedly. He would also start accusing random people all over the internet of being Adnoydall/Kendall Barnes. His posts were always the same too, they were always a variant of "Hello, I'm Kendall. Bang me in the ass for a (insert random word here), jizz in my face for a (random word here)."

The recent trolls on our site have the exact same phrases and expressions that pabloramirez had. The fact that he is accusing people on here of being "Adnoydall" is a dead give away that it's the same guy. When made my reappearance on here last night, the first thing that happened was some guy named evhrob PMed me asking me if I knew who Adnoydall is. Shortly after, the "gulpmedown" guy started mass-messaging me with pabloramirez's usual jargon, so I'm positive pabloramirez/evhrob/gulpmedown are the same guy. I haven't actually spoken to him on YouTube in two years, but I'll try and message him and ask him to leave us alone. He used to think I was his "friend" so he may listen to me.

Giving Dave A Break
    AdminCP>Settings>Options>User Banning Options>Banned IP Addresses

Just add them there if you have full access to the panel.

Or if you have root server access, you can stick them in the htaccess file

Yes, i'd read that solution. Only Freak is admin, the rest of us are just mods and can only ban users, not IPs.
    A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.
    Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    Where are the damn mods to delete all these stupid posts by this loser, gulpmedown? This is why this site doesnt grow. Stupid crap like this...
    Sorry chap, but I for one, was out Christmas shopping and visiting old friends.

This troll has already been banned 11 times by the mods and the problem with this troll is clearly affecting other sites too, including youtube.

The site is growing, which at a time when Van Halen has gone relatively quiet, is quite remarkable and is clearly thanks to some of the sound policy's practiced here.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick AVH fan View Post
    I have to say, it started after the crash happened. I don't understand the correlation though. Either someone really has a vendetta or it's a troll that has nothing better to do.
    No it was a few weeks after the hacking, Unchained and I were both commenting on a thread in the House Of Music forum and the troll took exception to what we were posting. So we both ended up with hate messages. The first ones were always titled VHLinks.

For some unexplained reason the troll then got fixated with me.

One thing that is interesting though, when it was put to him that he is a troll from VHLinks, and it was suggested that someone should contact Brett and get the guy banned from the links aswell, he immediately changed his tune, begged to be left alone, and went quiet for several days.
    Last edited by MEZRO; December 9th, 2013 at 10:09 AM.

Git some!
    I'm not sure what's really going on.

Honestly, if the accounts are attracted to harassing Mezro, it'd probably be best if that acc laid low for a while. I mean, you got your other acc back online now.
    Ready, Eddie!

Only a little tardy
    I know it was a few weeks after, I used the hacking as a reference of time. Then the links debacle came up.

I hate to reiterate, but do you really need two accounts? It just seems unnecessary now that your main account is A-okay.
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

No cheer******s allowed!
    Whomever it is, it's a pretty silly game.

I just don't see the thrill or benefit of being on the internet, and pretending to
    be random people that nobody really cares about.

No cheer******s allowed!
    I know it was a few weeks after, I used the hacking as a reference of time. Then the links debacle came up.

I hate to reiterate, but do you really need two accounts? It just seems unnecessary now that your main account is A-okay.
    This is why i agree with Erupted's suspicions.

As soon as he responded to that one, he then used his other alias.
    It's like a game, kind of tossing it in our faces.

If he is, indeed, innocent, it's regretful.

The shenanigans with this "noyd" thing, has become far worse since.
    I'm getting these homo-erotic pm's, bizarre friend requests, etc.
    It's becoming the focal point on here, which is sad, because it's not even a clever/interesting troll.

As I also said before I will review the MEZRO account once this situation is resolved.

The MEZRO account appears to be receiving most of the flack, and when it doesn't post for a few days, the troll reverts to sending out random hate messages to other members and forums. Sometimes just one or two. However the subject matter is still MEZRO in the messages.

But the longer MEZRO is away, the more of a stink this troll creates. Last Sunday was a prime example.

So you see, no MEZRO = hello sh*tstorm.

This troll has multiple accounts and I did warn you last week of one that you welcomed in the Fan Introduction forum, so if you see anything suspicious let us know.