Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Has anyone seen the videos of Ed?
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Has anyone seen the videos of Ed?

Someone sent me a link to a video of Ed freaking out on stage and dragging a monitor around and then I saw another youtube video of Ed looking and playing pretty drunk playing onstage in December.
    Has anyone seen these videos?
    They are pretty disturbing for vh fans even though some people predicted that the tour would blow up along the way some time and some place.
    I am legend

TPS Reports
    I haven't seen it. Gotta link?

THEE bassist for VH
    At about the 2:45 mark, Ed goes ballistic.....

Ravenna, weren't you there?

Buddhist Monk
    I think he's certainly pissed off, but I doubt he is drunk. And if he is, it's nowhere near as drunk as he was in 2004.

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion" - from Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

THEE bassist for VH
    Well, considering Ed's problem, he was bound to relapse at some point. It's rumored to be that he was, in fact, drinking at the last show in Vegas on December 30th. I don't have the heart to post that particular youtube clip. He couldn't even play 316. I was saddened to say the least.

Buddhist Monk
    Quote Originally Posted by i1sum2!
    Well, considering Ed's problem, he was bound to relapse at some point. It's rumored to be that he was, in fact, drinking at the last show in Vegas on December 30th. I don't have the heart to post that particular youtube clip. He couldn't even play 316. I was saddened to say the least.
    I saw that clip, which I will also not post because it is so sad. He definitely was "off" that night.

I have said that his solo was disjointed and choppy (i.e., not as fluid as it has been in the past), but parts of the solo on December 30th sounded like me noodling around on my guitar.

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion" - from Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

TPS Reports
    Well in this particular clip, it looks like Ed still can't hear his guitar. Why won't he wear ear monitors? That should help right? You gotta figure Ed has lost some hearing over the years.

If he's back on the sauce, well I hope the tour continues at least til March 30,2008 when they come to St. Louis. I still got my tickets. I just want to see him 1 more time.

THEE bassist for VH
    Another thing that people are wondering about Ed, does he have arthritis now? Fans have seen his hands on the jumbo screen at shows and noticed something different. Although, he has always had larger than normal hands for his given size. What do you players think? Even if does have arthritis, it wouldn't make him forget the songs he wrote. I dunno. The people critiquing his playing are usually musicians themselves. He seems to be stumbling sometimes. How could he forget the songs he made?

Git some!
    Well, he's changing around the songs, like playing them a bit different. It's kinda like experimenting. I dunno, I'm stumped.

If he had arthiritis, I don't think he would be able to play half those songs.
    Ready, Eddie!

Git some!
    Quote Originally Posted by teckhoff
    I think he's certainly pissed off, but I doubt he is drunk. And if he is, it's nowhere near as drunk as he was in 2004.
    Well, it's technical difficulties, I would be pissed too if my stuff didn't work right and I have a stadium full of fans. Can't blame 'im.
    Ready, Eddie!