Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Van Halen Inducted Into Rock and Roll H.O.F!
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    The menace is loose again

Van Halen Inducted Into Rock and Roll H.O.F!

THE ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME ANNOUNCES ITS INDUCTEES FOR 2007

January 8, 2007
    For Immediate Release:
    THE ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME ANNOUNCES ITS INDUCTEES FOR 2007
    New York -- The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation today announces its inductees for 2007. The inductees are: Grandmaster Flash, Van Halen, R.E.M., The Ronettes, and Patti Smith.

The five inductees will be honored at a ceremony on March 12, 2007 at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in New York City. Presenters and performers at the induction will be announced in February, 2007. “We couldn’t be more proud to honor this unique, diverse group of rockers, rappers, singers and poets. This is what rock and roll is all about,” said Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation President and C.E.O., Joel Peresman.
    The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel on March 12, 2007 will also honor Ahmet Ertegun, legendary founder of Atlantic Records. Ertegun, who was a crucial figure in the careers of artists ranging from Ray Charles to Aretha Franklin to the Rolling Stones to Led Zeppelin, was instrumental in founding and was the Chairman of the Foundation. The Rock Hall Museum in Cleveland’s main exhibit hall is the Ahmet Ertegun Exhibition Hall.
    The 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees, Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five, R.E.M., The Ronettes, Patti Smith and Van Halen were chosen by the 600 voters of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation. Artists are eligible for inclusion in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 25 years after their first recording is released. In addition to being honored at the ceremony on March 12, 2007, each artist who is inducted is commemorated within the I.M. Pei-designed museum in Cleveland, Ohio. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame displays the signature of each inductee inscribed in glass. In addition, there is an exhibit of artifacts from this year’s inductees, and a multi-media film presentation with highlights from each artist’s career. The exhibit on this year’s inductees will open in March, 2007 and will run for one year.
    I'm takin' whiskey to the party tonight, An' I'm lookin' for somebody to squeeze...

At the Rock Hall web-site, Van Halen's inductees are listed as "Van Halen (Michael Anthony, Sammy Hagar, Alex Van Halen, Eddie Van Halen, David Lee Roth)." No mention of Gary Cherone. Not surprising to me. I'm dying to find out who will sing at the ceremony. The classy thing to do IMO would be for V.H. to play two songs with each singer...
    I'm takin' whiskey to the party tonight, An' I'm lookin' for somebody to squeeze...

Dance Baby!
    Hall of Fame? Sad. Oh well...

How is Van Halen going to pull this off? Again, I find it odd, all this Van Halen talk/rumor just so happened to surface around the time of their nomination.
    Daniel (1994-2013)

David Lee Roth Bodyguard
    I still don't get why its such a big deal. It means nothing to me, except that it will be something else to watch on Youtube in a few months. Our mighty lads (+ Sam ? omfg what ?) will have to stand next to those dozey twonks from R.E.M .. sounds crap to me.

Metal Up Your A$$!

Question

Nice. Just read that over the DDLR Board.

And the question is; will CVH be on stage together and performing?
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. It’s just me and Al — a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and we’re good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. He’s no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, I’ll probably go with him.” GC

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by brianp88
    At the Rock Hall web-site, Van Halen's inductees are listed as "Van Halen (Michael Anthony, Sammy Hagar, Alex Van Halen, Eddie Van Halen, David Lee Roth)." No mention of Gary Cherone. Not surprising to me. I'm dying to find out who will sing at the ceremony. The classy thing to do IMO would be for V.H. to play two songs with each singer...
    Isn't it all about the debut record? Those 25 years after the release of their 1st effort? IF so, then I can't see Spam there.
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. It’s just me and Al — a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and we’re good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. He’s no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, I’ll probably go with him.” GC

THEE bassist for VH
    Technically, I don't see how Hagar's contribution could be accepted yet by the Hall. An artist has to have been relevant for at least 25 years. He started with VH in 1986 so, you do the math. Even if he is a part of this, it's gonna be pure pandemonium onstage. Who will be onstage? Will there be live satellite feeds to keep Sam and Dave separate from each other? Or, even keep the VH Bros separate from the others? I see it like this:

Ed has four choices.

Go on alone and accept on behalf of everyone.

Go on with everyone.

Don't show up at all.

Have someone else accept the award for the band.
    Last edited by i1sum2!; January 8th, 2007 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IronicA
    I still don't get why its such a big deal. It means nothing to me, except that it will be something else to watch on Youtube in a few months. Our mighty lads (+ Sam ? omfg what ?) will have to stand next to those dozey twonks from R.E.M .. sounds crap to me.
    To me, the "big deal" about this is the possibility of seeing DLR perform a Classic Van Halen song, on stage, with Ed and Al for the first time since 1984. It's been a long time coming. If this induction into the R & R HOF is what it takes to make this happen, I want to see it. That's what I've been waiting for. That's what I want. Classic Van Halen. Isn't that what this site is about?

David Lee Roth Bodyguard
    Quote Originally Posted by i1sum2!
    Technically, I don't see how Hagar's contribution could be accepted yet by the Hall. An artist has to have been relevant for at least 25 years. He started with VH in 1986 so, you do the math. Even if he is a part of this, it's gonna be pure pandemonium onstage. Who will be onstage? Will there be live satellite feeds to keep Sam and Dave separate from each other? Or, even keep the VH Bros separate from the others? I see it like this:

Ed has three choices.

Go on alone and accept on behalf of everyone.

Go on with everyone.

Don't show up at all.

Have someone else accept the award for the band.
    Go alone Ed ~ its just going to look stoopid with Hagar & Roth there.

THEE bassist for VH
    Maybe Ed will send little Wolfie out with his soon to be step mom Janie to accept the award!