Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

How Did I Do?
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: How Did I Do?

Starving Guitarguy

How Did I Do?

Ok. Gotta ask the exsperts. How did I do on this guy?

"Talent is God Given, But Success is Hard Work"

www.ronscustomguitars.com

Resident Moron
    as the first on this thread, i would like to congratulate you on a perfect job.
    I'm different. y'hear?

Resident Moron
    how much you want for that SMF
    I'm different. y'hear?

Starving Guitarguy
    Quote Originally Posted by panama's meanstreet
    how much you want for that SMF
    Now, now,now, you know darn well its illegal to sell these.
    (slip me a PM)

I have to head to work now. I'll chime in tomorrow to give you guys and gals more pics of my stuff and chat more. I just wanted to give you all a small sample. I hope I found a new home.
    Last edited by Ron4406; January 7th, 2007 at 09:08 PM.

Resident Moron
    k... it is illegal... youre right...
    I'm different. y'hear?

No cheer******s allowed!
    Welcome aboard & please stay!
    That guitar is the coolest Vh replica i've ever seen, man.
    That VHII axe also happens to be my favorite of the bunch.
    How'd you do it?

Band Manager
    Yes indeed...that is one sexy work of wood and metal. The neck and fingerboard are beautiful and that throwback paintjob is a sight to behold as well.
    Is that a Floyd Rose II? I ask because of the angled fine-tuners. It wouldn't be able to be pulled sharp much right? No routing to accomodate...
    Personally, I'd rather the black tuners/locking nut/FR...BUT that is NOT a 'takeaway' from the asthetic quality of that guitar. It is without a doubt a top notch looking creation.
    How does it play? Fast...smooth...?
    What are the electronics all about? Is that a Seymour Duncan JB or is that the pickup from the Wolfgang?

Once again...nice job.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=lemonchiffon][COLOR=Teal][SIZE=4][COLOR=Red][B][SIZE=2]The plot thickens...

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation Whoa!

Very nice replica, Ron. Great job, man.
    Thanks for sharing the picture.

Any chance for a Shark replica?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

Starving Guitarguy
    Thanks guys!
    Lets see, first question. How I did it. Well, Im a guitar finisher. Actually a custom guitar builder. Started as a VH fan just wanting a Frankenstrat on his office wall. From that guitar, I got all kinds of cool feedback. That set the whole ball rolling. Made a relic and put it on eBay, not knowing about the copyright laws. It was up for three days before it was nuked. But in those three days I got so many emails I could barely reply.Thats how I knew I was onto something. Read everything about finishing I could get my hands on. Practice, practice, pracrice, and now Im a full blown buisnessman. Got the wife involed to help with the paperwork. So I work third shift to make sure I have the steady income, and work in my shop in the mornings.
    Next question.
    That trem is a Floyd Rose Pro. I had made(didn't sell) that for a buddy in Jersey. He's a awesome player and a fan and every replica he bought was crap. So I made him a custom axe to his specs and part selection. From what he told me when he played it for the first time (for 2 hours) it was the best lookin, feelin, soundin guitar he ever shreaded. Thats what custom guitars are all about. I use custom made pickups. One pole is a SD 59 and the other is the same as an SH 14 custom 5. They are custom wound to order and not two pups taken apart. The other "Eddie" pups are great. But I figured to achieve that true Brown Sound, I more or less had to make a pup as close to Ed's as I could. They are a little pricey, but totally worth it.
    Ah, last question. My buddy in Jersey liked the Bumblebee so much, he wants a whole Eddie collection. He's unsure if he wants a 5150 replica or a Shark. I'll keep ya posted.
    For now, more pics of my stuff.
    This is the axe I had on eBay. Opps.

Last edited by Ron4406; January 8th, 2007 at 07:27 AM.

David Lee Roth Bodyguard
    Absolutely top notch ... top notch.