Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by IronicA
    Here's the Saturday Night Live Stompin8H ditty. (Val looks very do-able too)

Shit. That was also good. I wish Ed had just gone and done stuff like this after Dave left. At least for a while. He looked energized and happy in both of those clips. Some solo instrumental albums would have reinvigorated him.
    Hey Hey Mama said the way you move, gonna make you sweat, gonna make you groove

David Lee Roth Bodyguard
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Street
    Shit. That was also good. I wish Ed had just gone and done stuff like this after Dave left. At least for a while. He looked energized and happy in both of those clips. Some solo instrumental albums would have reinvigorated him.
    I totally agree, man. His groove on both these clips is fucking A1... Some say Ed can't jam with other players.

Backtracking here a bit, sorry ~ Ed said on Stern that he was finishing a Solo thing ... right ? ...or was i just imagining that ?

Cheers everyone !
    Quote Originally Posted by IronicA
    I totally agree, man. His groove on both these clips is fucking A1... Some say Ed can't jam with other players.

Backtracking here a bit, sorry ~ Ed said on Stern that he was finishing a Solo thing ... right ? ...or was i just imagining that ?
    Maybe he meant this...and I still think it's brilliant
    Catherine studio version...great stuff to watch and I'm sure that J-Man loves this

Band Manager
    I really think my favorite type of guitar music is classic road house boogie, which those two clips are fine examples of... great groove, solos with feel, solid bass and drums and most of all ENERGY!!! I still wish that Ed and Al would play some surprise gigs at small venues under a fake name, kind of like the Stones used to do when they were "Blue Monday And The Cockroaches", just getting out there and playing. I'd love to hear the VH boys do some esoteric blues, maybe some Cream classics. The Baked Potato is a club in L.A. (North Hollywood) that's known as the place to see musicians jam. Whaddaya say boys, next monday at 9pm?
    "December 16th, the Dude abides..."

David Lee Roth Bodyguard
    Quote Originally Posted by jane
    Catherine studio version...great stuff to watch and I'm sure that J-Man loves this

Yay... I think its brill too, jane. I love the moments when Ed "lets go"; its quite a deliberate peice (quite un Ed-like in a way).. and its also one of those songs where its better the more you listen to it.

I think the Stern show was after this tho.... I'm sure he was suggesting some kind of Solo record.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Yeah, i love this, too, Jane.
    Thanks so much for adding this stuff right on here to view.
    Anyone notice the intro to the 'Stompin' clip on SNL sounds like Dolly Parton's 9 to 5? I thought they were gonna jam that one for a minute.
    And to GF who claimed Ed has no blues or feel...dude...watch that 'stompin' clip! Listen to his phrasing & more importantly his vibrato & bends. Ed is way, way ahead of his followers.

David Lee Roth Bodyguard
    Love the way Ed throws his guitar down then does a "Here's to yer" with his beer at the end there. He's doing everything here; instruments, engineering the lot ... A Solo record really would be a solo effort, and every Ed-Head's dream come true.

Roadie
    Feel real bad but I just can't get into the 3rd clip... Unchained, I am sure you grew up listening to Satriani and Vai as I did... Would you prefer their 6 minute
    instrumentals or that last clip? Be honest.......... Maybe it is unfair to compare Ed's latest creation to the 80's/90's instrumentals from Satch, Vai and Eric Johnson.....
    Last edited by whiskeyhome; January 6th, 2007 at 09:49 PM.
    Showbiz is so Thrilling, The Camera Rolls she's Willing!
    OH No! They Won't Believe It When they! OH NO! See what Their Seeing. Go See Baby Now!

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by jane

Thanks again Jane. Love what Ed is doing here.
    Hey Hey Mama said the way you move, gonna make you sweat, gonna make you groove

I've seen part of the first clip, where he plays Cathedral. But I haven't seen the rest. The rest is awesome, Eddie was on fire in the clip, too bad he doesn't do stuff like that now.