Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Eddie Van Halen youtube vids after CVH - Page 7
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    I think I recall that her father was in the military, and was stationed there. Did you go there VFJ? I have never been in that area.
    That would make sense.

I'm there right now. I live there 9-10 months out of the year because I go to school in the area. I'm hoping to transfer to Florida next year, though.

Sure is different than beach side liberal Melbourne, Australia.

I don't like it here, to say the least.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    That would make sense.

I'm there right now. I live there 9-10 months out of the year because I go to school in the area. I'm hoping to transfer to Florida next year, though.

Sure is different than beach side liberal Melbourne, Australia.

I don't like it here, to say the least.
    Oh, I knew you were in the US, but I had forgotten that you were there. Are you trying to go to Florida, as in the Florida Gators?

I have been in every are of the country except the Deep South. The only places down there I have any curiosity about are New Orleans, and maybe southern Florida. You must have gone to NO, what did you think?

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    Oh, I knew you were in the US, but I had forgotten that you were there. Are you trying to go to Florida, as in the Florida Gators?

I have been in every are of the country except the Deep South. The only places down there I have any curiosity about are New Orleans, and maybe southern Florida. You must have gone to NO, what did you think?
    I wish... Trying to make the small steps to get to a big school like that.

Shreveport isn't DEEP deep, but it's still deep. It's not far from the East Texas border, so its culturally similar to there. We have a lot of people from south Louisiana, and they are really something else.

I haven't been to New Orleans, actually. Everyone here tells me I need to go there, but when I ask them if they would take me, they all say no. I was meant to go with a couple of weekends around this time, but the one who organized it all left our school so that fell through. I really want to go there, but I know I won't. It seems like a little southern San Francisco.

I guess it's kind of a good thing starting off in the armpit of the US, though. Each time I've gone to California it has absolutely blown my away by comparison (it's like Melbourne, but with the good things about the States mixed in, and minus bogans which are like Australian rednecks). I'm going to Miami next month for spring break, and I have a feeling that anywhere in the States that isn't the south is going to blow me away, since my first and for the most part, major experiences in the US have been in the south.

I know the law, friend.
    NOLA is so much fun!! You definitely gotta go, but take friends because it can get a little crazy on Bourbon St. Make sure you have at least 1 hand grenade. (drink)

The coolest thing to ever come out of Shreveport, LA is Fast Freddie Spencer!!
    freddie_spencer_83.jpg

Last edited by cowboydan; February 16th, 2014 at 05:27 AM.
    "I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by rawkinrobbievh1 View Post
    This is pure gold !!!
    Eddie , at his happiest . Some of the comments are just amazing . We've all read about the Private Life tidbits . This is the first time I've ever seen or heard the material , or "witnessed" the enthusiasm that Ed had back then .

Great video !
    Thanks for sharing .

**Side note**
    H-berg has recently turned into a computer tech savvy kind of guy ! I used to get a complete "stoner" type of vibe from him ... As Ed himself would say - "I hope that doesn't look bad in print ?" .

Interesting transformation ! Haha
    I'd hardly call embedding a video as being tech savvy, but glad you are so easily impressed.

I used to get a complete " mullethead " vibe from you.....and I still do. But thanks for the compliment.

You are a quick study my fellow countryman.

Last edited by Heisenberg; February 16th, 2014 at 11:50 AM.

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I'd hardly call embedding a video as being tech savvy, but glad you are so easily impressed.

I used to get a complete " mullethead " vibe from you.....and I still do. But thanks for the compliment.

HAHAHAHAHA..

It started off so friendly, and then got so harsh.

I was not expecting that at all.

EVH diehard ...

As usual , my post was taken the wrong way ! There was a disclaimer in there , right ? LOL You've been posting a lot of links to rare pics and vids lately . I think it's cool .

Wasn't "Mullethead" a song from VH's early days that was just revamped for ADKoT ?
    Last edited by DLR 1973; February 17th, 2014 at 04:26 AM. Reason: Started well, then just more insults directed at Heisenberg.
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

Ran across this at VH Trading.

I can understand Eddie helping out Allan Holdsworth, but helping what was just another 80's American rock group a the time is a bit of a surprise.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by DLR 1973 View Post
    I can understand Eddie helping out Allan Holdsworth, but helping what was just another 80's American rock group a the time is a bit of a surprise.
    I was looking into this record (yes, I'm a masochist), and I realized that Ted Templeman was also involved. I thought that was strange, because this record was released in 1990. He and EVH must have stayed on pretty good terms to still work together. It's hard for me to get a handle on what their relationship has been like since the split. I know he worked with Van Hagar a bit, but that's pretty high profile. For TT to join in with EVH for this low rank abomination seems odd.

Eddie Van Halen was quoted in Guitar Player magazine as saying “My favorite guitarist is Danny Johnson”.

Some interesting info here...
    http://melodic-hardrock.com/meet-the...danny-johnson/

Danny Johnson worked with Andy Johns quite a bit, who was working with VH, and Ted all around that 1990 time period. I'm guessing they were all doing loads of coke, and recording together.
    Last edited by 1234over; February 19th, 2014 at 02:12 PM.