Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
question for the young kids here... - Page 2
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Sugared One
    i'm waiting for responses from universitys but i won't get in this year because i fuck around too much like the fool i am

No cheer******s allowed!
    Sugar-Dave goes to the school of hard knocks.
    He walks in & gets knocked on his ass!
    HAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Git some!
    I haven't gotten out of middle school, man. I gotta find a high school though, I havent thought about college yet...maybe i should...nah.
    Ready, Eddie!

Resident Moron
    my bro did last year... actually, he was accepted when he was finishing up junior year. its called applying early. if you do that, it gives them the impression that youd like to be there.
    I'm different. y'hear?

The Sugared One
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars
    Sugar-Dave goes to the school of hard knocks.
    He walks in & gets knocked on his ass!
    HAHAHAHA!!!!!!

are you clinically insane boyo

THEE bassist for VH
    Quote Originally Posted by EVH_Erupted
    I haven't gotten out of middle school, man. I gotta find a high school though, I havent thought about college yet...maybe i should...nah.
    Finish high school, then go to a trade school and become a welder. Pay is decent from the start (for a young guy) and it only gets better with age. Then you can have all the guitars you want. And cars. And girls.

Quote Originally Posted by NE169
    What a totally ludicrous statement!
    No, not really that ludicrous.

And there's just too many factors involved to say that one person wields that much influence on a nation of 300 million people.
    I think the titles "Chief Executive Officer of the United States Government," "Commanding Officer of the Armed Forces" and "Highest Office in the Land" do have meaning. The president can launch a nuclear missile with a word so he must have some influence.

Howard Dean talked about ways to steer this through taxation, or tax incentives, some way that would encourage companies who make their money here to also have their products manufactured here.

It's not just the president, of course, but his whole administration. Bush had the power to dump Rumsfeld, didn't he?

I don't like jobs going overseas either, but it's the big businesses answering to their stockholders, that are screwing up the job market by squeezing every red cent out of their workers.
    But if you read the Republican brochure or listen to 15 minutes of Rush Limbaugh you'll know that the central idea of the Republican party is that what's good for business is good for everyone. Republicans are the ones who believe no business should have government oversight and they should be able to make all the money they want any ol' way they want to make it (no matter who gets hurt). "The free market will decide!," is their rallying cry.

At one of my old jobs, most of our inventory was produced by steel plants that the owners owned--in Communist China...So to say that the big bad evil Republicans are the only ones causing the job exodus to other countries is ridiculous.
    Yes, and I've heard Nancy Pelosi's businesses are all non-union. Sure, the rich assholes run the show but I'll give my vote the rich assholes who at least pay lip service to ethical ideas over the ones who make it clear up front they don't care.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Bush is responsible, but takes no responsibilty.
    He's so focused on funding his idiotic war, trying to figure out how to get out of this mess he created without conscience, that everything else falls by the wayside.
    Cut education, cut funds for this & that, watch the economy tank...
    He's rich, his friends are wealthy, he could give a rat's ass about you, me, the middle-class & especially the poor.
    I don't recall this much despair & general unhappiness when Clinton was running the show.

Starving Guitarguy
    I learned a trade. Golf Cource Groundkeeping. Was all ready to go to Rutgers Collage. Needed to come up with a grand and couldn't do it. So the Collage said they would keep my seat till the following year. Then I find out that you wont make crap for money unless your a Director of cources where your employed. That would take years of ball bustin work. Im an old man now. The years of bustin my crank are catchin up with me. Took some serious thought, but decided to drop the entire idea and study electric guitar building and finishing on my own. Its something I love to do and makes me a nice modest payday. For now, I work a 40 hour night job along with the guitar biz. Lots of long hours. But very worth it. When I start to bring in enough on a monthly basis with the guitar biz, I quit the fulltime job and go at it. But its hard work in the meantime, but well worth it.
    Being through the whole job gambit with just a High School Diploma, you gotta do what you love and keep at it. All the buddys I have with successfull buisnesses worked real hard for what they have now. Doesn't happen overnight.
    "Talent is God Given, But Success is Hard Work"

www.ronscustomguitars.com

Resident Moron
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron4406
    I learned a trade. Golf Cource Groundkeeping. Was all ready to go to Rutgers Collage. Needed to come up with a grand and couldn't do it. So the Collage said they would keep my seat till the following year. Then I find out that you wont make crap for money unless your a Director of cources where your employed. That would take years of ball bustin work. Im an old man now. The years of bustin my crank are catchin up with me. Took some serious thought, but decided to drop the entire idea and study electric guitar building and finishing on my own. Its something I love to do and makes me a nice modest payday. For now, I work a 40 hour night job along with the guitar biz. Lots of long hours. But very worth it. When I start to bring in enough on a monthly basis with the guitar biz, I quit the fulltime job and go at it. But its hard work in the meantime, but well worth it.
    Being through the whole job gambit with just a High School Diploma, you gotta do what you love and keep at it. All the buddys I have with successfull buisnesses worked real hard for what they have now. Doesn't happen overnight.
    my cousin does that. he rents an apartment for something like 900 a month, too. at least, where i live, thats an isnane amount.
    I'm different. y'hear?