Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
how slow does Guitar World get?
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Resident Moron

how slow does Guitar World get?

taken from the february 2007 issue of guitar world "tune-ups" (for those who don't know, guitar world is constanly 2 or 3 months ahead of the subscription, so that if you buy from a store, your getting what someone else will get within a couple of months.)

COULD THIS BE MAGIC?

"After a false start just over 10 years ago, the moment die-hard Van Halen fans have dreamed about has finally arrived: Edward Van Halen has put past differences behind him and invited David Lee Roth to rejoin behind him and the band for a 2007 summer tour and possibly more. "I'm telling Dave, 'Dude, get your ass up here and sing, bitch! Come on'" says Van Halen. "as it stands right now, the ball is in Dave's court. Whether he wants to rise to the occasion is entirely up to him, but we're ready to go."

Although Roth has neither confirmed nor denied whether he'll accept this offer yet, common sense suggests that he might as well jump at this opportunity, considering his most recent activities have included fronting a bluegrass-oriented Van Halen tribute, a failed morning radio DJ gig and a stint as a New York City paramedic. As recently as last may, Roth expressed considerable enthusiasm about a potential Van Halen Reunion, telling Billboard Magazine, "I see it absolutely as an inevitability. I definitely see it happening."

If Roth does decide to sign on the dotted line, fans will not see the classic Van Halen lineup. Instead, fans will be treated to a lineup thats 25% more Van Halen, now that Ed's son, Wolfgang has filled Michael Anthony's shoes as Van Halen's bassist. "Wolfgang breathes new life into what we're doing," says Ed, "He brings youthfulness to something thats inherently youthful. He's only been playing the bass for 3 months now, but it's spooky. He's locked tight and put an incredible spin on our shit. The kid is kicking my ass! He's spanking me now, even though I never spanked him. To have my son follow in my footsteps on his own, without me pushing him into it, is the greatest feeling in the world."

These announcements are exciting new, especially considering how quiet the Van Halen front has been over the past few years. But the biggest Van Halen news of all--especially for guitarists--is yet to come. Don't miss our exclusive interview with Edward Van Halen in next month's issue of Guitar World for all the details."

---this is "breaking news?"

although i gotta give them some credit, they make their issues in advance (like they could be working on like april 2007 or something.) so they could've found out about the same time we did. i dont know, maybe their slow, maybe not.
    I'm different. y'hear?

No cheer******s allowed!
    All info we've sat with for over a month gets printed much later, because they have a schedule and deadlines.
    The magazine is in the can two months in advance, with maybe a possible breaking headline thrown in.
    Fucking Metal Edge was the worst, man.
    I think in last months issue they finally got to the report of Dave leaving VH in 1985.

The part about him offering to let Dave in is officially news to me. We've seen reports about Wolfgang joining from Billboard, but as far as Dave rejoining all I've seen is message board speculation. Now we just need Mike back...

Band Manager
    most magazines have to plan about two months ahead as far as publishing goes. there's just a lot that has to be done to get the magazine out there. it's just something that we on the internet have to remember.
    "December 16th, the Dude abides..."

THEE bassist for VH
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars
    Fucking Metal Edge was the worst, man.
    I think in last months issue they finally got to the report of Dave leaving VH in 1985.
    You snooze, you lose!

No cheer******s allowed!
    Metal edge is just so bad.
    I think in this month's metalwirse column they reported the possibility of "Chinese Democracy" arriving November 24th.
    And here it is already December 18th.
    Some wire, huh.

Band Technician
    I haven't seen a Metal Edge in years. But what I remember that it was kinda weak. We just use to collect the pics and not pay attention to the articles. The pictures weren't even that great, though.

Roadie
    Guitar World hasn't been a god mag since 92.Too many adverts and repeats these days.
    I'm no gynaecologist,but i'll have a look!

Too Fast For Love
    To start off GUITAR WORLD has had a problem with Dave since he left in 1985. I have the "Guitar world Presents: Eddie Van Halen" edition and I was not happy with a lot that was written. To start off, many of the writers have not done the proper research when he came to detailing a lot of what went on when both Dave AND Sammy were in the band. Guitar world kisses Ed's ass so bad that it's pathetic....a little embarrasing at times. I've read that book from cover to cover numerous times and I always get aggrivated. I only pay attention to GUITAR WORLD when they're talking guitars...that's about it. My advice.....when it comes to Dave coming back to the band....find another source. And another thing: I'm sick and tired of writers constantly pointing out where Dave "failed". His solo career was NOT a failure. The first solo outting kicked ass and they knew it. The 2nd and 3rd....although not HUGE sellers still sold well. As far as being a parametic...where did he fail? He still is a parametic and doing quite well last i heard. And last but not least. ENOUGH ABOUT THE FUCKING RADIO SHOW ALREADY!!!!! Trust me if Dave could've done it pirate radio style it would have done better. Once corporate america touches anything that's entertainment it's fucked!
    Last edited by Dirty Duck; December 28th, 2006 at 11:47 AM.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Duck
    The first solo outting kicked ass and they knew it. The 2nd and 3rd....although not HUGE sellers still sold well.
    I agree. Sales does not equal success. If that were so then The Backstreet Boys are major talents in music. Commercial success? Yes. Success on an 'artistic' level. Definitely not. That's not to say that DLR was such an 'artist' but there was a lot to the music and the presentation besides music being piped in and dance routines. In ther music industry they always compare the current release with thre prior one so there are bound to be 'failures' in their eyes.
    ...and back in 'the day' (about 1986-ish), I believe that it was Guitar For The Practicing Musician, had an article with all of the hottest guitar players asking them questions like what was their favourite album and who would they most like to jam with...anyway, the question of what was the best live show was overwhelmingly DLR...OVERWHELMINGLY...that says a lot to me...because musicians, truth be told, are a little more discerning about their music...
    Most every musician that I knew was blown away by DLR band's line-up and the Yankee Rose and Tobaco Road and other playing on the record...particularly guitar.
    Last edited by smorgdonkey; December 28th, 2006 at 01:24 PM.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=lemonchiffon][COLOR=Teal][SIZE=4][COLOR=Red][B][SIZE=2]The plot thickens...