Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Slam David Lee Roth! - Page 2
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    No cheer******s allowed!
    It was Ed & dave equally.
    It wasn't like EVH wasn't photogenic, her certainly had appeal beyond his ridiculous musicality.
    Actually, VH was like a gang and they all shared Dave's enthusiasm.

I Love 'Em..I Need 'Em...
    I think Dave was the shit!!!!! Even when his ego got out of control, I still loved his style. The music always outweighed the goofy shit he did at the end of the Band!! Sad yes, but who wouldn't get a huge ego fronting the baddest band for 10 years solid!! He Rocks!!!!!

"I want a run for my money thats all"

Band Manager
    That's just it....I don't WANNA slam anybody. There's a time for slammin', and there's a time for NOT slammin'. I love this band. I love that Dave is gonna be fronting them again, because that's where he belongs. THIS is his identity....not selling fucking blue grass albums, or doing radio shows, or writing books!

Besides that....I still can't quick giggling over Punk calling Sammy a QUEEF!!!

non-member
    Why do we need to slam anyone?? How many of us are as good as we were in high school/college?!? We all age and mellow. Why should the members of Van Halen be any different? They are only human after all, get off their cases! What they did do was give us some of the best music ever. Enjoy it!!
    Peace,
    Mushfish

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by mushfish1
    Why do we need to slam anyone?? How many of us are as good as we were in high school/college?!? We all age and mellow. Why should the members of Van Halen be any different? They are only human after all, get off their cases! What they did do was give us some of the best music ever. Enjoy it!!
    Peace,
    Mushfish
    Pffft!!! Not me! I'd KILL to rid myself of this FAT ASS I've achieved in old age and have my 21 inch waist back!

On the other hand...I would love to have known then what I know now. And I don't miss being stoned and drunk all the time. Oh...and I sure as hell wouldn't trade my income NOW as opposed to the one I was living on back then.

Ed v Dave, Dave v Sam, Sam v Ed.. what next, Sam v Wolfie? Wolfie v Mike? (oh wait we've already had that last one, and the kid hasn't even played yet!)

I liked Punk's refreshing honesty about Dave. Look, it's no secret that some of us here, me included, like some of the Sam stuff, so let's just agree to we'll disagree on whether Van Hagar was good/bad. But the fact remains that Dave walked out on VH, and this whole shitstorm saga started because of his actions. Blame and criticise Ed and Dave, or even Sammy or Alex, all you want, but Dave left.

For the rest, do we really have to go for yet another pointless Dave v Ed debate? No offence but it seems like "same shit, different day" on this site at the moment. There's plenty of intelligent members on this site, read any thread and you'll see that straight away. So why don't we discuss something else for a change? I'm not saying it doesn't have to be VH-related, mind you.

Cheers everyone !

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by stef1984
    So why don't we discuss something else for a change? I'm not saying it doesn't have to be VH-related, mind you.
    Well dear Stef start a topic and we'll be there ...

You know I think that we might have discussed just about every topic there is to come up with about Classic Van Halen already (several times )...and with the new fuel we got from the VH base (as filthy as it is ) it does keep the motor running for awhile. Now lets just hope they give us strong and clean fuel very soon to keep this place going !....

Slam Dave...no thank you I already covered that in another thread (his solo era only mind you ! ), feel no need to do that again !.

The Sugared One
    david lee roth is van halen
    that is all.

But ask yourself why Dave left. It wasn't just because of his ego. In his book, Dave said Eddie hid himself away in his mansion and wouldn't return Dave's calls. Dave was ready to start a new album after the 1984 Tour. Sometimes Dave would try and call Ed at a phone outside the gates of his house - and would sit there on a bench waiting for Ed to call back. Ed was pulling that crap even back then. Mike left to play with Sammy because he didn't know what the brothers were up to for years. And Sammy wanted to record prior to the 2004 tour but - realizing that Eddie's pace was glacial - decided that a new album would not be possible.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Yeah, six albums in a span of 7 years!
    How dare Eddie just move so slow....
    ya now, don't believe everything you read, especially only one side of a story.
    Dave writes the lyrics, but hes not completing entire musical scores to them like Ed, so maybe we can cut EVH some slack for recharging his batteries after 6 years of non-stop tours & records.
    You think?