Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Slam David Lee Roth!
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Dance Baby!

Slam David Lee Roth!

Want to rant about David Lee Roth. Knock yourself out. Do it here and let me be the first.

David Lee Roth made the biggest mistake in his professional life when he departed Van Halen. His reasons are his own. The reason might have been warrented, but the effect that it has had is unforgivable.

Because of HIS blunder. Van Halen became Van Hagar, then Van Halen version 3.0, then back to Van Hagar and now Eddie and The Family Halens

Van Halen was about a good time, womanizing, BBQ's, 500 horsepower from a 454 Big Block, sneaking out, getting laid, amazing music, good times, attitude, swagger, that "FUCK IT" feeling, etc.

When David left, Van Halen became Hagarnized. Toto on crack, with a wine cooler. A sad and hollow version of it's former self.

Because David decided to make it on his own. Sammy Hagar will forever be known as a former member of Van Halen. That is just fucked. Type Van Halen in Google and you see pictures of that queef, FUCKgar.
    Daniel (1994-2013)

No cheer******s allowed!
    Excellent post, and that is sad.
    Personally, i despise the Van Hagar era, as it is completely the opposite of what classic VH represented.
    Ed was successful with Sammy, and that is a high achievement, but he sold his rock 'n roll soul to do it. It cost him the respect of more than a few fans, and sort of started an EVH backlash that continues to this day.
    5150 was a heartbreaking record, it literally almost made me cry upon first listen.
    But this was about Dave....
    I slam the DLR of today as being desperate & bitter, just a cranky shadow of the former showstopper.
    But to see the old footage & the old pictures and magazine articles, i feel nothing but love for this guy. Man, he was a freaking diamond!
    He was just the best guy for this band, and it must have been destiny.
    No one could front a band like Dave.

David Lee Roth Bodyguard

Glass Hammer - Pointless

This thread sucks!!

There ain't any fun in slamming dave when you have permission!

It aint very Rock 'n' Roll is it.

THEE bassist for VH
    Awfully quiet in this here thread so far!

Bop bada, shoobe doo wah
    Only "slam" (for now) I have about Dave is his website. http://davidleeroth.com/ sucks ass.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Everyone appreciates Dave, so it's not a matter of simply taking shots at the guy like 90 perecent do if Ed is involved.
    Dave was incredible with the platform that Ed created.
    Without it, Dave was as compelling as the last studio release from Warrant. It sounds cruel, but yeah, it's true.
    You can't be a master showmen without the show!
    In the old interviews Ed voiced some frustration because they would tour for extended periods and then everyone would jump on Ed, "What do ya got, man? What are the new songs?"
    Ed wrote everything, Dave got some lyrics together, mike & Al waited to be told what to do.
    But as smart as Dave was/is, he made the most bone-headed move ever by leaving Vh right on the verge of even bigger success, and believing his own hype. He listened to his Ego & all the outside yes-men like Pete Angelus & Noel Monk (or whoever the picasso brothers were) and forgot that Ed writes the tunes. Huge error!
    You could see the well had been sucked dry as soon as Skyscraper.
    Is there anything left in that bottle?

Git some!
    CVh was like a '67 Shelby GT500 , Van Hagar turned VH into a Pinto.
    Ready, Eddie!

Roadie
    Love the Old Dave to death. One question has always been on my mind though. He hired the best gun slingers in the west for Eat Em and Smile.
    After that album, they started leaving his band. First Billy, then Steve and
    finally Greg.. Was his Ego even too big for them?????????????????????????
    Strange not to have more than 1 kicken album with that lineup...............
    Everyone always says that Dave brings the best out of Eddie but maybe we
    can say now that Eddie also brought the best out of Dave as well...
    Showbiz is so Thrilling, The Camera Rolls she's Willing!
    OH No! They Won't Believe It When they! OH NO! See what Their Seeing. Go See Baby Now!

Quote Originally Posted by punkatomic
    Van Halen was about a good time, womanizing, BBQ's, 500 horsepower from a 454 Big Block, sneaking out, getting laid, amazing music, good times, attitude, swagger, that "FUCK IT" feeling, etc.
    And where do you think this attitude came from, by and large? It certainly didn't come from the Van Halen brothers. What VH stands for, what you picture when you hear or view Van Halen ... was shaped mostly by Dave. He was the mouthpiece and handled a lot of the early marketing and business decisions for the band. And Dave never strayed away from the good-time connotations you have. He went from arenas to taverns in Wisconsin, yet you can't say the attitude disappeared without Van Halen.

van halen's bitch
    i love dave tons, but, seriously,

is that a weave?
    Last edited by Brown Eyed Murder; December 14th, 2006 at 10:05 PM.
    Guh, i don't know what's going on