Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Long live Sammy the Red Rocker - Page 2
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The Sugared One
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseman44
    Firstly, I have registered with this site for one reason. That reason is to defend the great artist known as Sammy Hagar aka Red Rocker as there is no site for Sammy fans to post properly.
    Firstly, Sammy had a great career before joining Van Halen and was liked much more than David Lee Roth. David Lee Roth instigated the original break up of the band and were going to finish completely before Sammy rescued them. David Lee Roth is widely regarded as an arrogant, self satisfied and egotistical person which caused tensions between the band and especially with Eddie himself.
    When I first got into Van Halen, I got the "The Best Of Both Worlds" compilation and the majority of songs that stuck in my head and therefore liked were Sammy songs. Why is this? Sure David made some great songs with Van Halen like Unchained and Jump but if we look at albums like Fair Warning and Women and Children First, most of you will have to swallow your pride and agree that most of the songs on there are completely tuneless and are not memorable at all.
    People say that Sammy made the band turn away from the originality that the original line up had but if we look at an album like Diver Down, which has many cover songs like Dancing in the street, I fail to se any originality in singing a Marvin Gaye song. The album itself was forced into being released by David and Warner Brothers. There will be some there now calling me names and dismissing my argument which is why I am going to post this and never go on this forum again as it has no rational debate and as a result is very biased. The quality of debate is "Hagar is a prick" or "Van Hagar is shit". Why do you call it "Van Hagar"? The name of the band is named after the surname of the lead guitarist and drummer. (Yes he was't the only guitarist as even David played the guitar a tiny bit.) So calling it "Van Hagar" is as good as calling Van Halen with Roth "Van Roth", or with Gary "Van Cherone". So you must admit, it's a fairly lame joke and believe me noone is laughing.
    If we take a look at solo careers before Van Halen we can that Sammy has far more talent. Sammy was in Montrose, a successful American band and then had a successful solo career which toured with Van Halen. After Van Halen and even during his time with the band, he continued to make records. If we look at David's career before Van Halen there is a big difference in the quality. David had NO career before joing Van Halen. He used to lend his PA system to the Van Halen brothers when Eddie used to sing. They therefore only brought on David just so David would stop getting his Jewish, greedy hands on all their money. After he QUIT the band and therefore ended the band which YOU love (a thing you blame on Sammy), he tried to go into a solo career with mixed reactions. He could not play musical instruments very well or indeed sing very well as some of us Sammy fans make out so he had to bring Steve Vai into his "band" but this soon failed and David ended up as a third rate performer. He tried to get back into the band in 1996 and Van Halen probably played a mean joke on him but I am quite comfortable in saying he dserved it for leaving in the first place.
    Sammy is quite gifted on the guitar as can be seen on his Solo recordings and on some tracks with Van Halen. David, however can play the guitar as good as a primary school student and this can be seen on a poor show of skills on Ice Cream Man. Without a doubt, if David had not joined Van Halen he would not be known today and indeed Sammy might have been less known.
    The people on this site make an excuse that Sammy ruined the band but the band's music was already changing and just happened to coincide with Sammy's arrival. David however would not and did not let this change and should therefore be hated by you fans who seem to love Eddie so much. Bands like Aerosmith, Thunder, Stone Roses and Led Zeppelin changed their music over time without changing band members and too, lost many fans because of a change of style. People on here just see Sammy and blame him because they can but it was mostly Eddie who had something to do with the change of style.
    As a conclusion all I will say is that the main show off of the band is Eddie and with any singer or on his own he should be liked by Van Halen fans. I happen to prefer Sammy but I still listen to David's and Gary's stuff. This website is therefore very stupid and childish with imbecilic comments like Prick and stuff. I was told my a close friend that people's opinions worsen when they are around people who agree or "Yes Men". I guess this is the case.
    Reply with more comments like "Hagar is a prick" or even about me to say that I am a "prick". But you are the only people who will get off on them as I will never go on this site again that disrespects someone as talented as Sammy Hagar. I WILL NOT READ REPLIES.
    5150 time!

Note to self ; I'm with stupid and no one takes me serious so why I even took the time to write this...oh well like I said I'm with stupid !
    Please kill yourself

Bop bada, shoobe doo wah

Ummm.....

Here is proof to your "theory" that Sammy kicks ass. Look at the evidence of the "Red Rocker's" kick ass-ness:

Can't Stop Lovin' You
    Hey!

There's a time and place for everything. For everyone
    We can push with all our might, but nothin's gonna come
    Oh no, nothin's gonna change
    An' if I ask you not to try, oh could you let it be?

I wanna hold you and say
    We can't throw this all away
    Tell me you won't go, you won't go
    You have to hear me say

I can't stop lovin' you (Ooooo)
    And no matter (Ooo-ooo-ooo) what I say or do
    You know (Ooo-ooo-ooo) my heart is true, oh
    (Ooo-ooo-ooo) I can't stop lovin' you

You can change your friends, your place in life
    You can change your mind
    We can change the things we say, and do any time
    Oh no, but I think you'll find
    That when you look inside your heart
    Oh baby, I'll be there. Yeah!

Hold on. I'm holdin' on
    Baby, just come on, come on, come on
    I just wanna hear you say

I can't stop lovin' you (Ooooo)
    And no matter (Ooo-ooo-ooo) what you say or do
    You know (Ooo-ooo-ooo) my heart is true, oh-oh!
    I can't (Ooo-ooo-ooo) stop lovin' you

Oh, I'm so twisted and tied
    And all I remember, was how hard we tried
    Only to surrender

(Guitar Solo)
    (Ahh-ahh) And when it's over
    (Ahhh-ahh) I know how it's gonna be
    And true love will never die
    Or, not fade away

And I can't (Ooo-ooo-ooo) stop lovin' you
    And no matter (Ooo-ooo-ooo) what I say or do
    You know (Ooo-ooo-ooo) my heart is true, oh
    I can't (Ooo-ooo-ooo) stop lovin' you

And I know (Ooo-ooo-ooo) what I got to do
    Hey Ray, what you said is true, oh
    I can't (Ooo-ooo-ooo) stop lovin' you, oh no
    (Ooo-ooo-ooo)
    Oh, can't (Ooo-ooo-ooo) stop lovin' you

Band Technician
    That guy is a waste of space! I'm glad he has an opinion, but this is the WRONG site for him to be on. Plus, as Simon stated, he was a VERY Rude guest! Hope to never see that again! CLASSIC VAN HALEN RULES the UNIVERSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Scottie Hutch; December 14th, 2006 at 01:26 PM.

David Lee Roth Bodyguard
    "This next song is the first song I wrote with these guys. Its about Aliens." - Sammy Hagar, Live Without A Net.

Metal Up Your A$$!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by IronicA
    "This next song is the first song I wrote with these guys. Its about Aliens." - Sammy Hagar, Live Without A Net.
    "This next song is the 1st song that we worked together as a band. It's about aliens and it's called Glove comes walking in... ."

I remember now, I remember how it started
    I can't remember yesterday
    I just remember doing what they told me, told me, told me....
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

David Lee Roth Bodyguard
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Ribeiro
    "This next song is the 1st song that we worked together as a band. It's about aliens and it's called Glove comes walking in... ."

I remember now, I remember how it started
    I can't remember yesterday
    I just remember doing what they told me, told me, told me....
    great 1, simon.... that's a keeper !

Band Technician
    Killer post Simon!

No cheer******s allowed!
    I was gonna say, "At least he posted this rant in the right forum!"
    Sadly, that was apparently not the case.
    The guy is too stupid to actually find it's corresponding section.
    I like how he decides to make his case and then run for his life, like the scared chicken mcnugget he is.
    It's like sending a death threat to your neighbor and moving to Siberia after you leave it in his mailbox.
    Like Sammy, this clown lacks balls.

THEE bassist for VH
    Hey moosepoose!

Permanent vacation
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseman44
    Firstly, I have registered with this site for one reason. That reason is to defend the great artist known as Sammy Hagar aka Red Rocker as there is no site for Sammy fans to post properly.

Since you'r such a big Hagar fan, maybe you've heard of www.redrocker.com, i.e. his official site?
    "I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I dont care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. My affections, being concentrated over a few people, are not spread all over Hell in a vile attempt to placate sulky, worthless shits."

~ William S. Burroughs