Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
    Eruption

Reccomendations for a lower cost ($75-$100) humbucker to achieve "eddie's tone"

I currently own a 2005 fender "fat strat" guitar with a floyd rose II, a humbucker in the bridge, and single coils in the middle and neck. My strat has an alder body, maple neck with walnut skunk-stripe, and a rosewood fretboard. I am finding that my neck humbucker sounds too much like a single coil. I am looking for a good pickup to replace it, I want brighter harmonics, and a fatter sound as I go up into the higher frets, and more bite. I would prefere if it had a medium to high output. any help would be great.

I pwn all!
    a seymour duncan custom custom or a custom 5
    http://www.myspace.com/iamthoraxehearmeroar
    I am a bassist and a drummer

The guys at guitarattack.com got Eddie's sound from an Alnico V humbucker with unbalanced coils, you can read more at this link:

http://www.guitarattack.com/mattocas...en/sagavh2.htm

No cheer******s allowed!
    Those guys wound it themselves & the tone is awesome.
    I emailed that site & the response was you can have an EVH replica & brown sounding pickup for a fraction of what the Charvel Art series are going for. These guys make it sound so easy!
    But, yeah, i was impressed with their pickup & tone on that clip.

Eruption
    Any idea of where there is a distributor for that pickup other than the website or what the specs for the pickup are so i can wind it myself.

Band Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by edwardvanhendrix
    Any idea of where there is a distributor for that pickup other than the website or what the specs for the pickup are so i can wind it myself.
    Go to stewartmacdonald.com. The guitar tech may be able to help you with what you are looking for. Also, it's a great site to find guitar parts for. You can ask questions. Hope I've helped. Good Luck!