Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Tornado ripps thru NW London
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    David Lee Roth Bodyguard

Tornado ripps thru NW London

Early this morning a tornado ripped thru the normally peacefull NW London streets causing considerable damage.

This is mondo weird .. whats with ol' Mother Nature lately ?
    Last edited by IronicA; August 20th, 2010 at 10:42 AM.

I actually live about 30mins drive from there. Yeah it was very very strange, but apparently there are over 130 tornadoes a year in the UK according to a news source - although most of them are so insignifcant they aren't even reported...

THEE bassist for VH
    Mother Nature is pissed off at us for damaging her ozone layer. We no longer have traditional weather patterns because of that. It snows in Florida (USA) if you can believe that! It's unseasonably warm where previously only cold existed.

Last year they had a tornado in Birmingham if I remember correctly. Strange stuff.

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by i1sum2!
    Mother Nature is pissed off at us for damaging her ozone layer. We no longer have traditional weather patterns because of that. It snows in Florida (USA) if you can believe that! It's unseasonably warm where previously only cold existed.

Last year they had a tornado in Birmingham if I remember correctly. Strange stuff.
    Agreed. Last year we had the 1st brazilian tornado. South region near Santa Catarina and Rio Grande do Sul states. The name of it? Catarina. Damn too strange for sure!
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

David Lee Roth Bodyguard
    Its December now, right. When I was kid it would prolly be snowing by now, but it was actually warm this morning. The seasons seem to have drifted into vague random cycles.

Even the most fervent die-hard sceptic would have to admit that something is odd. But, who or what should you beleive ; Global Warming ? ... in the 70's they told us we were fast approaching an Ice Age !, these theories seem to change every other decade or so. Of course, most of it is within the realms of Global Politics, mostly anti-US .. this makes it hard for me to beleive in any one theory. The Greenies say one thing, then you read evidence (so-called) that dismisses it.

Personally, I think it may have something to do with our (Earth's) relationship to the Sun ..if so, no matter how much we recycle or reduce carbon emmisions it isn't going to effect the Planetary Cycle .. should we bother ?

Also, does all this Greenie pressure actually weaken our long-term success as Human Beings ? .. that is. the forward thinking, curious, inventive and adventurous creatures that we are ? Are we just delaying the inevitable death sentence for future generations ?

I know ...Lets all pack our bags and head for Mars, NASA claim to have found water on it's surface, and fuck that planet up too !! LOL.

THEE bassist for VH
    Personally think that NASA knows we are headed for disaster and they are rushing to find an alternative, that being Mars. They send up a shuttle so often anymore that no one really notices that much. As if they are in a rush. I don't label myself a greenie, but do think they have valid points ocassionally. Why screw it up for future generations?

I always think of that movie Water World with Kevin Costner when I think of todays current problem of global warming. I hope it doesn't end up that way.

But anyway, hope Londoners are okay after a little windstorm. I live smack dab in tornado alley USA and love it!

I'll huff and I'll puff.........

David Lee Roth Bodyguard
    Quote Originally Posted by i1sum2!

I always think of that movie Water World with Kevin Costner when I think of todays current problem of global warming. I hope it doesn't end up that way.

[/I]
    Yep .. me too - that Movie stank !!

Future Earth-ravaged distopia's rock !!! A Mad Max type world would be so cool LOL.

Better "Tornado Alley" than "Kirsty Alley" !.

Global warming is a FACT, scientifically proven. This morning saw a tornado in the middle of London! It's December in London and you can go out wearing a T-shirt: it's been between 12-15 Celsius lately (like a late summer day). Global warming is here and will only get better if we admit it is here to stay. End of story. If you don't believe in it yet, just watch Al Gore's "An Inconvenient Truth": the scientifically true stats will scare you shitless.

We need to find cleaner sources of energy and use up less carbon fuels. The US is one of the biggest contributors to CO2 gasses in the world, and remember, didn't sign up to the Kyoto Treaty, another genius move by Bush. For me, the only way we can decrease the trend is by having cars that don't run on fuel. Wind turbines and all these alternative energy gimmicks won't save us unless we do something about car emissions. Why? Because as India and China become increasingly urbanised and richer, they'll want big cars and big houses just like the rest of us have enjoyed for decades. When that amount of population (BILLIONS) want what we have, this planet will be fucked. Just calling it as it is.

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by IronicA
    Its December now, right. When I was kid it would prolly be snowing by now, but it was actually warm this morning. The seasons seem to have drifted into vague random cycles.

Even the most fervent die-hard sceptic would have to admit that something is odd. But, who or what should you beleive ; Global Warming ? ... in the 70's they told us we were fast approaching an Ice Age !, these theories seem to change every other decade or so. Of course, most of it is within the realms of Global Politics, mostly anti-US .. this makes it hard for me to beleive in any one theory. The Greenies say one thing, then you read evidence (so-called) that dismisses it.

Personally, I think it may have something to do with our (Earth's) relationship to the Sun ..if so, no matter how much we recycle or reduce carbon emmisions it isn't going to effect the Planetary Cycle .. should we bother ?

Also, does all this Greenie pressure actually weaken our long-term success as Human Beings ? .. that is. the forward thinking, curious, inventive and adventurous creatures that we are ? Are we just delaying the inevitable death sentence for future generations ?

I know ...Lets all pack our bags and head for Mars, NASA claim to have found water on it's surface, and fuck that planet up too !! LOL.
    Right on. The seasons here in Brazil are completely different from other years. Right now, we have more rainy days in comparison with my kids' days. And Summer will only hit it next December, the 20th.
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

THEE bassist for VH
    Yes, we Americans are certainly guilty of producing cars that have high exhaust emissions. No doubt about it. I personally think in the next 100 yrs. that every country will run on electricity and fuel will be a thing of the past. Hybrid cars are starting to catch on over here now, it's only a matter of time before we're all driving one. Maybe not in my lifetime, but eventually soon after.

Speaking of emissions, what about our world's airline industry? When you see an airplane fly overhead leaving a recon trail a mile long, guess what? Goes right into the ozone. I blame that more than car emissions. But what are we to do?

But I can't outrun a tornado in an electric car!!!