Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

The "Guy" at DLRarmy.com updates

I saw this on VHND.com... I thought this was some good stuff to share.

posted: 11-01-2006 at 08:32 PM

On the Rocky Balboa soundtrack, the answer is no. Ed was never approached by Stallone and nor will there be anything from Ed on the soundtrack. This came directly from Ed himself.

On reunion with Dave, things are still going strong and very positive. Eddie is very excited about this and is hoping to make it official very soon. Perhaps not too far after Dave's tour wraps up in a week, but we'll see.

Don't hold me onto the Thanksgiving date, we all know this is Van Halen, but it won't be too far from that on either side.

On Mike being involved, as he stated before the door is open for Mike. Its up to him, does he want to continue as a member of Van Halen or does he want to play with Sammy. Sam by the way is not a member of Van Halen anymore, someday it will be official on Van- Halen.com. If Mike does not want to do it, then it looks like Wolfie will play a part and/or someone else too.

Eddie no longer has bad feeling toward Mike for his gigs with Sam, he still doesn't like how they labeled it as the "Other Half" though.

Ed has cut his drinking way down, his playing in the studio is top notch Eddie and he has been blistering through the old stuff note for note and dead on with Al and Wolfie.

That all I know right now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

posted: 11-05-2006 at 08:12 PM

Good news and bad news.

First with the bad, it doesn't look like Mike is willing to be a part of this as of right now. Things however are not set in stone. He is leaning to sticking with Sammy.

Now for the good news. Its pretty much a done deal now with Dave coming back. Wolfie as of now is in Van Halen. Like I said last week, they are absolutley ripping through the old material like crazy. I have seen it personally and I can't believe that a kid his age has the chops he has, and not just on the bass.

I really think people will be very impressed by this and the doubters will become believers. Sad about Mike, but its not the worst thing to happen, trust me.
    I like the way the line runs up the back of her stockings....

Band Manager
    Interesting, but confusing. We're hearing that Ed said Mike is officially out of the band, now we're hearing he can be in if he doesn't play with Sammy?
    "December 16th, the Dude abides..."

Band Manager
    By The Way, I Notice I'm Now A Band Technician... Which Band? Better Not Be Those Van Halen Brothers!!! I Hear They're Hard To Work For... I'd Rather Replace Gump And Work For Neil...

No cheer******s allowed!
    Well, this is interesting, indeed.
    Ed's not the bad-guy most thought he was, regarding the Mike drama.
    MA was asked back, there are no lingering hard feelings on Ed's part, but the former bassist chose to stick by "brother" Sammy.
    Hey, Mike & Samuel are obviously tight, so it is what it is.
    But i think we'll all agree that the blame is no longer all upon EVH's shoulders. He clearly made the effort (or it seems that way according to this guy's report).
    Wolfie it is, then.

Cheers everyone !

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Outtalove
    Interesting, but confusing. We're hearing that Ed said Mike is officially out of the band, now we're hearing he can be in if he doesn't play with Sammy?
    That's not what I read...I read that Mike can be in if he wants too but he could choose to stick with Sam instead..And it seems like Mike will stick to Sam !.. So I guess after all that debatting and bashing eachother it seems that it is Mister Mike Anthony himself who doesn't want to be a part of the CVH reunion anymore Bwuhahahaha How about that ... No one ever took that in consideration...

Band Technician
    Very Cool report. Thanks for the info! I guess we'll wait and see what happens.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jane
    That's not what I read...I read that Mike can be in if he wants too but he could choose to stick with Sam instead..And it seems like Mike will stick to Sam !.. So I guess after all that debatting and bashing eachother it seems that it is Mister Mike Anthony himself who doesn't want to be a part of the CVH reunion anymore Bwuhahahaha How about that ... No one ever took that in consideration...

There ya go!
    I brawled with Punk & Sum for nothing
    I do respect Mike's deccision, though. Sam is like a brother to him, it seems.
    But if Ed is still mercilessly bashed after this, i will throw my hands up & laugh at you all.

Band Manager
    I've had enough of all of it. This is what I think we should do: we should tell all the guys to meet at a Mexican restaurant, a few of us CVH crew will be there to mediate. We will tell them what we want, we will tell them to stop acting like children and get the correct reunion under way. Mike will be at stage right. period. Wolfie can jam along with Mike on Somebody Get Me A Doctor, then it's off to school for that young man. No hot sauce will be sold at the venues, but Mike can play with Sam anytime he wants as long as it doesn't conflict with the tour or recording, and yes, Mike will again play bass on the recordings. Ed will do solo recordings and use the "Dangerous" Wolfie on those. Roth will sing, but other than that and for promotion, he'll shut the fuck up. Alex will continue therapy for his neck and his case a day beer habit.

I'm not sure how reliable this "Guy" is, so how can we take all that he says to be true? It's all smoke and mirrors with this band... Can't they just make up their damn minds?? They keep us on a leash for so damn long, starving us of info, and then all of a sudden a whole bunch of conflicting statements come out. It's like trying to fit a jigsaw puzzle where the pieces don't match.

To all the VH members: give us a break and tell us what the hell is going on!

Band Technician
    You're right Stef, Who knows what's true or not. I just heard on the news that Valerie made a statement saying she's happy that Wolfie is in Van Halen. I'm very curious to see how this ends up.