Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Eddie Van Halen and Fender
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Groupie

Eddie Van Halen and Fender

Fender Custom Shop to Create 300 Limited-Edition Replicas of Iconic Eddie Van Halen "Frankenstein(TM)" Guitar

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Hold on to your whammy bars: In one of the most anticipated events in electric guitar history, Eddie Van Halen and the master builders of the Fender Custom Shop in Corona, Calif., have teamed up to introduce EVH® brand guitars, amps and musical products, beginning with a painstaking recreation of one of the most recognized guitars in the world: the red-black-and-white striped "Frankenstein(TM)" guitar played by Eddie throughout his remarkable career.

Strikingly accurate down to the very last detail--and incorporating an astounding aging process to duplicate the effects of the explosive years Eddie Van Halen spent on the original--the Eddie Van Halen Frankenstein(TM) replica guitar will be limited to only 300 instruments. No effort has been spared to mirror every last scratch, ding and cigarette burn; Fender designers even scoured the land for 1971 quarters (that's the right year), just like the original he at one time stuck under the original tremolo bridge. While Eddie no longer uses the quarter for that purpose, it's still one of the guitar's most recognizable appointments, and still adorns Ed's baby, as well as each and every Frankenstein(TM) replica guitar.

It was an effort well worth undertaking, for a legendary man and instrument well worth celebrating.

Diamond David Lee Roth

Git some!
    All for a beautiful price of $30K, so cheap that only rich people can afford! Wonderful!
    Ready, Eddie!

No cheer******s allowed!
    You heard her in that clip!
    She sounds gorgeous, and even Ed can't tell the difference.
    30,000 is a bit excessive, but i might just scoop up an art series from Charvel. 1,800.00 seems like squier money in comparison!

Groupie
    It could be worth more 20 years from now though.

Cheers everyone !
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars
    You heard her in that clip!
    She sounds gorgeous, and even Ed can't tell the difference.
    Hmmm not to bring a downer to your glory feeling but would Ed say it if he would've heard a difference ??? I think not sweetie he was there to sell the product .

Starving Guitarguy
    Quote Originally Posted by vhrothfan
    It could be worth more 20 years from now though.
    Not much.....
    "Talent is God Given, But Success is Hard Work"

www.ronscustomguitars.com

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron4406
    Not much.....
    Yeah...funny...I just read a review of the Art Series by a guy who bought the yellow and black one AND the white one for investment purposes...he talks about them having 'fat' Fender necks quite unlike the 'old' Charvel necks.

I'm betting that this Fender neck is a dead copy of a Kramer neck...or an OLD Charvel neck.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=lemonchiffon][COLOR=Teal][SIZE=4][COLOR=Red][B][SIZE=2]The plot thickens...

Starving Guitarguy
    Quote Originally Posted by smorgdonkey
    Yeah...funny...I just read a review of the Art Series by a guy who bought the yellow and black one AND the white one for investment purposes...he talks about them having 'fat' Fender necks quite unlike the 'old' Charvel necks.

I'm betting that this Fender neck is a dead copy of a Kramer neck...or an OLD Charvel neck.
    Yeah. I totally agree. Speakin to dudes that play my guitars say the same thing. That old Charvel neck had a nice radias and feel which I knew was important to duplicate. Funny thing though. Chris Ellis says in the interveiw that the neck on the guitar Eddie gave him was the original neck he got from Ellsworth. Thats a bunch a shit too. That neck is LONG gone. Besides, it had a big, honkin pre-CBS headstock. This is the shit that pisses me off. They have to know there's wackjobs like me that know every aspect of that axe and will try to disprove crap.
    Another thing that annoys me. This guitar went through alot of eras with different aspects of each one. For instance. At the tail end of this things touring life, Ed somehow got light blue overspray on the back. The neck that was on it then was the last neck he had on it before the 5150 which was one of Kramers hockystick headstocks. When he had the Kramer beak, there was no blue paint. And definitly none with a Fender type headstock. Im big on gettin the right parts and look with the era. Thats why, when I have MY collection, I just may have a "through the years" line of Frankenstrats.
    Anouther pet peeve is that most guys that try and do replicas of this thing just plain over do it. They scrape and burn and hack the piss out of it. Yeah, Eds was beat up, but not mutilated.
    Sorry. Just had to vent.
    "Talent is God Given, But Success is Hard Work"

www.ronscustomguitars.com

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jane
    Hmmm not to bring a downer to your glory feeling but would Ed say it if he would've heard a difference ??? I think not sweetie he was there to sell the product .
    Jeez, you sound like you've been talking to 1Sum2, my friend...
    In the GW CD-Rom they display them side by side & you can tell Ed is sincerely blown away by the accuracy of the new relic prototype.
    He even had to mark the neck of his original just to keep them apart!

Resident Moron
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars
    Jeez, you sound like you've been talking to 1Sum2, my friend...
    In the GW CD-Rom they display them side by side & you can tell Ed is sincerely blown away by the accuracy of the new relic prototype.
    He even had to mark the neck of his original just to keep them apart!
    yeah he marked it to say "this is the SHIT"
    I'm different. y'hear?