Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation CVH Reunion - 2007?

from www.melodicrock.com:

VAN HALEN AND ROTH - FINALLY IN 2007:
    No more teasing. Never tease where Van Halen is concerned...I have information from a highly placed source that Van Halen will likely tour in 2007 with David Lee Roth as frontman.

Negotiations are currently underway to re-unite Van Halen with their original frontman for a tour in 2007 that will take in Amercia and possibly other territories. While nothing in the world of Van Halen is set until the band walk out on stage, I can confirm that negotiations between all parties have been underway for some time, trying to put together a big 2007 re-union tour.

One would presume the tour will feature classic VH era songs only. What I do not yet know is whether this plan includes exiled bass player Michael Anthony. Perhaps Wolfgang will play bass? I'm told these questions will be answered shortly.
    Van Halen last toured in 2004 with Sammy Hagar, but the tour ended on a sour note and Hagar has not talked to Eddie Van Halen since.
    What I also know is that there will be no new Van Halen release to go with the tour, such as The Best Of Both World's in 2004. There is no plans for a new compilation or a new studio album - just the tour.
    More details when available.
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation ...

Thanks to my buddy DAZ5150 for the info.

Tour without a record. I remember Don Corleone said something about that months ago. And maybe no plans to call Michael Anthony for the reunion. Man, let's wait and see.
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

Band Technician

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Ribeiro
    Thanks to my buddy DAZ5150 for the info.

Tour without a record. I remember Don Corleone said something about that months ago. And maybe no plans to call Michael Anthony for the reunion. Man, let's wait and see.
    Very Cool Simon! Thanks for the info -

Band Manager
    No Mikey, no me. I will be very curious about it of course, much like the car accident you pass on the freeway...
    "December 16th, the Dude abides..."

Permanent vacation
    I'll believe it when I see it... Melodicrock may have broken the story about the Hagar reunion, but DLR rumours are a dime a dozen. And do I really want to see / hear them on tour with no Mike, and Eddie being in the state he's in? I dunno...
    "I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I dont care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. My affections, being concentrated over a few people, are not spread all over Hell in a vile attempt to placate sulky, worthless shits."

~ William S. Burroughs

Band Manager
    Two words: Box Set
    at least give us our friggin' box set before you destroy the legend that was Van Halen..
    "December 16th, the Dude abides..."

Yabba Dabba Doo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Outtalove
    No Mikey, no me. I will be very curious about it of course, much like the car accident you pass on the freeway...
    I gotta agree with Outtalove.
    Even with DLR back in the band, it's still not CVH if Mikey's not there.
    Besides, Mikey contributes so much to the overall sound of =VH= (backups) ... it just wouldn't be the same IMO.

Sounds like a step in the right direction though.
    Thanks for the info. Simon!

Bop bada, shoobe doo wah
    I am sure Mike will be on board for this. It's about time.

No cheer******s allowed!
    How can they not promote anything!
    Come on guys, this would be perfect to coincide with a classic box set & DVD. They have this stuff, yet they just let it rot unseen.
    Release something, then tour the world.

van halen's bitch
    oh my god! i will be fuckin' siked (or is it syked?)
    last time they came here, was in '04 with Spammy. but i couldn't go anyways...
    but to see the true van halen- that will be fucking awesome. and to think i wasn't born until 1/2 a decade after DD left the band!
    Diamond Dave FOREVER!!!