Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Diver Down
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Diver Down

Diver Down

Many people say that this album was one of the worst by CVH. I thought it was pretty good, what do you people think?

No cheer******s allowed!
    I like it quite a bit, but in comparison to what preceeded it (Fair Warning), i'd have to admit it was a bit dissapointing, at the time.
    Having said that, i remember loving things like "Little Guitars", "Hang 'em High", "Goodtimes" and the mighty "Full Bug", but overall it should have been stronger.
    It's a VH record, no doubt, certainly eons removed from the vibeless 5150 & OU812 that would later follow, but it's also a LAZY record.
    These guys could still blow you away if they put their collective minds to it, but at 29 minutes, and infested with cover tunes, they weren't giving the kids their money's worth.

Roadie
    I think its a great album.Greatt party vibe.
    Not hard rockin guitar wizardry per se but fun fun fun...
    Its not cookie cutter pattern.
    Its not like any of the other albums and each cvh album is unique from the other save for the first 2...

New material showcases a diferent personality of vh...Secets,happy trails,little guitars and cathedrals...very cool tunes...i even like dancin in the st...

However this album does contain the worst cvh tune ever: pretty woman-absolutely horrible lame tune.Orbisons version is worse-this song is good for the retirement home at best.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Gotta love PW's nasty intro, though.
    Yeah, there are some great tunes on DD, and secrets is deffinately up there.

I am now banned because I acted like an idiot
    I hate what they did with DITS (dits lol). That riff is SOOOO cool, but they made it all wierd. I think Ed didn't want it on the album, I read that a couple days ago.

I believe a number of knowed fans dislike this album simply because Eddie slagged it long and hard. Eddie was averse of covers - though they did a cover on their very first album ... and transcribed it so well that you hear it more than the original on the radio.

Roadie
    thats weird cuz ive got a long 45 minute interview from 82 where ed is really loving the album and saying how much a party album is and how he loves secrets and how its a mellow tune...and even plays a keyboard version of 'jump' with a lot of delay but pretty much the same as 1984 version.

Groupie
    Too many covers.
    Webmaster - Van Halen Links
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community

80's metal head!
    Too many covers yes, but still a great album, plus it features my all time fav. CVH track "Little Guitars"

http://www.georgevader.co.uk
    (my movie review blog)

Little Guitars, Secrets, and The Full Bug are great songs. Eddie had Cathedral and the Little Guitars Intro, they were nothing compared to songs like Eruption or Spanish Fly. I thought this album was good, but definently not as good as the others.