Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
The spam threads...
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mr Mod Extraordinare

Angry The spam threads...

We've all seen the spam threads pop up here recently.

I've deleted a few already, but one's even taken on a life of its own, so I've also left it open.

And a lot of the replies are just complaints about why we can't get rid of spam or ban them immediately.

Just a few suggestions & observations:

1) USE COMMON SENSE AND GOOD JUDGMENT!!!!!

2) Everybody has gotten spam in their email at one time or another. Do you reply to it? I don't!! Many email accounts have spam filters of some kind, and the ones that get through, you can report it as such. I also have other email accounts that I use to sign up for contests, pigskin pick'em, etc, because I know that I'll get junk mail from them or whoever they sell their email lists to.

If you don't reply to spam emails, WHY do you reply to spam posts?? You should be able to tell the difference between a legitimate post, and spam.

If you happen to click on a link, you may have your browser hijacked--meaning that you'll get taken immediately to another site that it directs your computer to take you to, and/or, you'll have a new homepage that you didn't ask for--and it's next to impossible to remove.

And you can give your computer viruses as well.

SO LEAVE THE FUCKING THING ALONE!!!

3) These new breed of spammers are at least putting their spam in the correct forum--I have to give them that much credit, as I don't have to move their threads to another forum, and no one else has to move it to Non.

4) NO moderator/webmaster is here 24/7. We each have our own lives in the real world, believe it or not. I'm not on here constantly hitting my "refresh" button every minute so I can nail a spam thread as soon as it appears!! When I see a spam thread, I close it down, and if I'm the first to see it, I'll just go ahead and shitcan it altogether.

5) If you see a spam thread, JUST IGNORE IT!! Let the staff here deal with it. It's not like the entire PAGE is full of spam threads.

6) This site is not the only one that has spammers/spiders/robots/whatever else they're called. DDLR.com has them, and a couple of other boards I go to also has this problem.

7) If & when these threads are deleted, don't whine about post counts going down if you happened to have responded in these threads.

I know this will seem overly harsh to some people, but it's something that needs to be said--GET OVER IT!

And continue to post everywhere else on the board--HAVE A NICE DAY!!
    LIGHT 'EM UP!!
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

siN / DDLR Moderator

The Sugared One
    you are my new hero

Metal Up Your A$$!

Thumbs up

Nice stuff, NE.
    You and the other mods here; keep on the good job!
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

Band Technician
    Bravo NE! You and everybody else at CVH are doing a great job

Scottie Hutch

Band Manager

Thumbs up

Good Job, NE!

Vicious And Lethal
    Yeah, Great Idea,these spam threads really suck.
    LET'S DO IT 'TIL WE'RE BLACK & BLUE!

Webmaster
    Thanks a bunch NE!
    Webmaster
    ClassicVanHalen.com

Band Manager
    GET EM BIG DADDY!!!!!
    speaking of Spamming, take a look at my friend Dean's website called "Nigerian Spam Scam Scam" Dean, a b movie actor in the eighties (He was "Chainsaw" in "Summer School" with Mark Harmon) did a one man play about his real life encounter over the internet with one of those Nigerian-give us your account and we'll split the inheritance money with you-guys.. he fucked with this ass clown big time, kept notes and made quite a funny play out of it. Enjoy!
    Last edited by Outtalove; September 29th, 2006 at 04:04 PM.
    "December 16th, the Dude abides..."

Mr Mod Extraordinare
    http://www.anuslaptops.com/

http://thescambaiter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109

These links?

This story is funny as shit!!! You can easily waste an entire day reading the whole thread.
    LIGHT 'EM UP!!
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

siN / DDLR Moderator

I am now banned because I acted like an idiot

Thumbs up ***Will It Float?***

***!!!"WILL IT FLOAT?" IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!!!***

"WILL IT FLOAT?" Is now available in stores for you and your family for only $19.99! Now you and your family can have as much fun as we have in the Ed Sullivan thearter every friday night!

The "WILL IT FLOAT?" home game, has everything you need in a box to play the game for just $19.99!

Also, the "WILL IT FLOAT?" travel edition! So you and your family can play "WILL IT FLOAT?" anywhere you want! Again just $19.99!

AND NOW "WILL IT FLOAT?" is available in the popular Xbox format!

!!!See Ya Later At The Big WIll It Float Party!!!

DISCLAIMER: "WILL IT FLOAT" IS NOT SAFE FOR ALL AGES. CHILDREN 6 AND UNDER MUST BE SUPERVISED BY A PARENT. THE WILL IT FLOAT HOME GAME DOES NOT INCLUDE "HULA HOOP GIRL" AND OR "GRINDER GIRL"