Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Best Black Sabbath Album.
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.

View Poll Results: Best Black Sabbath Album

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black Sabbath

0 0%
  • Paranoid

2 20.00%
  • Masters of Reality

0 0%
  • Volume 4

2 20.00%
  • Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

1 10.00%
  • Sabotage

3 30.00%
  • Technical Extacy

0 0%
  • Never Say Die

1 10.00%
  • Heaven and Hell

0 0%
  • Mob Rules

1 10.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Band Manager

Best Black Sabbath Album.

For me, I'll go with "Paranoid" with "Heaven and Hell" closely following. "Masters of Reality", "Volume 4" and "Mob Rules" also have good tunes. Yeah, it's cliche to like "Paranoid" but that is one scary album.
    Hey Hey Mama said the way you move, gonna make you sweat, gonna make you groove

No cheer******s allowed!
    Everybody likes Paranoid...except me.
    The albums that followed are much more interesting (master of reality, Sabbath bloody sabbath, etc.)
    My all time fave is the very underated "Sabotage."
    This record features Ozzy's greatest, most emotional vocals to date, and Tony Iommi's most brutal riffs (Symptom of the Universe, Hole in the Sky, Megalomania, Thrill of it all). This record defines Heavy metal, along with Motorheads's 'Ace of spades.'
    The story behind this record is that the Sabs just realized they had signed an atrocious deal that left them broke after selling millions of albums.
    They had been screwed by management, the label, everybody....but they still had to honor their deal.
    The album opens with the Sabs in the studio & you can hear ozzy just let out this scream, somewhere in the background before they kick into "Hole in the Sky." It's pure anguish!
    There are two songs in particular that really give the middle finger to the suits that screwed them over & they are incredible epic songs: Megalomania & the Writ.
    And talk about scary....
    Listen to the horrifying way "Am i going insane?" ends (leading into the Writ). It's a series of these maniacal voices just laughing (the management & label, maybe?) and this creature, this guy, just screaming like he's trapped in a horrible situation.
    This is probablly my fave Heavy Metal album of all time.

i only have four of the albums( i copied them off the cds from my library) and they are black sabbath, master of reality, never say die, and paranoid. i think my faves of those are BS and Paranoid. and I would say i think the best riff on those is from N.I.B... good stuff
    A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.
    Frank Zappa

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars
    Everybody likes Paranoid...except me.
    The albums that followed are much more interesting (master of reality, Sabbath bloody sabbath, etc.)
    My all time fave is the very underated "Sabotage."
    This record features Ozzy's greatest, most emotional vocals to date, and Tony Iommi's most brutal riffs (Symptom of the Universe, Hole in the Sky, Megalomania, Thrill of it all). This record defines Heavy metal, along with Motorheads's 'Ace of spades.'
    The story behind this record is that the Sabs just realized they had signed an atrocious deal that left them broke after selling millions of albums.
    They had been screwed by management, the label, everybody....but they still had to honor their deal.
    The album opens with the Sabs in the studio & you can hear ozzy just let out this scream, somewhere in the background before they kick into "Hole in the Sky." It's pure anguish!
    There are two songs in particular that really give the middle finger to the suits that screwed them over & they are incredible epic songs: Megalomania & the Writ.
    And talk about scary....
    Listen to the horrifying way "Am i going insane?" ends (leading into the Writ). It's a series of these maniacal voices just laughing (the management & label, maybe?) and this creature, this guy, just screaming like he's trapped in a horrible situation.
    This is probablly my fave Heavy Metal album of all time.
    Did you change your avatar to Sabotage when you saw this thread?

Permanent vacation
    You're still missing about 12 albums, I think.

You should also have

Live Evil
    Born Again
    7th Star
    Eternal Idol
    Headless Cross
    TYR
    Dehumanizer
    Cross Purposes
    Cross Purposes Live
    Forbidden
    Reunion
    Past Lives

That being said, I think that Sabbath Bloody Sabbath was the strongest of their studio work. Sabotage, Never Say Die, and Cross Purposes get the most time in my CD player these days though.
    "I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I dont care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. My affections, being concentrated over a few people, are not spread all over Hell in a vile attempt to placate sulky, worthless shits."

~ William S. Burroughs

Band Manager
    "Paranoid" for me.
    It reminds me of one thousand brazilian bands that have covered "Paranoid", the track. That line-up never came to Brazil, so it was fun to see other bands playing that song.

80's metal head!
    Sabatoge for me (how awesome is Meglomania!!!) followed by Vol 4 and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath for the Ozzy era, Heaven And Hells with Dio is a masterpiece too.

http://www.georgevader.co.uk
    (my movie review blog)

Metal Up Your A$$!

"Volume 4" for me followed by "Heaven & Hell".
    Just like GF posted, I do enjoy some Sabbath's records with Tony Martin and Cozy Powell as members. "7th Star" and "Eternal Idol" are nice records, too.
    Strange, but I've never listened to "Dehumanizer" and never got the interest for it.
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

I Love 'Em..I Need 'Em...
    Vol. 4 for me also. Black Sabbath is second, while Sabotage comes in Third. I love "Snowblind" and "Killing yourself To Live" off Vol. 4. Awesome to say the least. Tuning down to C# helps those records sound menacing. Tony knew how to get EXTRA heavy!!! I LOVE IT!!!!

"I want a run for my money thats all"

Band Manager
    I thought "Killing Yourself to Live" came off of "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath".