Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
3 secret songs
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: 3 secret songs

  1. #1

    3 secret songs

    Does anybody know if Dave really did do 3 new songs with VH back in 2000. And if so why wren't they included on the second best of cd?

    Steve-o

  2. #2
    Band Manager
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Orbiting among the Rings of Saturn
    Posts
    2,239
    Because Ed lost his mind and is a big crybaby?

  3. #3
    The menace is loose again
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wheaton, IL
    Posts
    365
    First of all, yes they did do new songs with Roth in 2000. Here's what Michael Anthony had to say about those songs in a recent interview
    On those new tunes with Dave:

    "For the most part it was actually pretty good. I don't think Ed would ever let it out though. I've got some demo stuff at home, they didn't even really want me to take any stuff home but I ended up with some stuff at home anyway. I'd never do anything behind the other guys' backs with any of it so it'll just sit in my box in the archives and maybe one of my grandkids or grandkid's boyfriends will put something out one day (laughs) or steal it (laughs)."

    So there you have it. Secondly, I'm sure they didn't put those songs on Best of Both Worlds because at that point, Hagar, not Roth was in the band. If Roth was in the band, they could have promoted the songs for the tour. But with Sammy in the band, why would they put something on the disc they couldn't/wouldn't want to promote?
    I'm takin' whiskey to the party tonight, An' I'm lookin' for somebody to squeeze...

  4. #4
    Metal Up Your A$$!
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Far, far away
    Posts
    14,465

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by brianp88
    First of all, yes they did do new songs with Roth in 2000. Here's what Michael Anthony had to say about those songs in a recent interview
    On those new tunes with Dave:

    "For the most part it was actually pretty good. I don't think Ed would ever let it out though. I've got some demo stuff at home, they didn't even really want me to take any stuff home but I ended up with some stuff at home anyway. I'd never do anything behind the other guys' backs with any of it so it'll just sit in my box in the archives and maybe one of my grandkids or grandkid's boyfriends will put something out one day (laughs) or steal it (laughs)."

    So there you have it. Secondly, I'm sure they didn't put those songs on Best of Both Worlds because at that point, Hagar, not Roth was in the band. If Roth was in the band, they could have promoted the songs for the tour. But with Sammy in the band, why would they put something on the disc they couldn't/wouldn't want to promote?
    Nice, Brian. That's basically what I heard, too. Dave divulgated some of his thoughts thru the net back to those days. He was pretty happy with the songs the original line-up recorded. "I'm positive for the future, Ladies and Gentleman!"
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

  5. #5
    THEE bassist for VH
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    someplace you're not
    Posts
    19,977
    Yeah, didn't Dave say that the hands fell off the clock when referring to those 3 songs?


  6. #6
    No cheer******s allowed!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    28,415
    But, fortunately, we were treated to newer classics like "It's about time" and the positively inspired "Up for Breakfast."
    Sorry Dave, but Ed was writing his best stuff right now.
    Everybody sing along:
    "She puts the cream in my coffee, butter on my biscuit, mellons in the bowl, you know i'm up for breakfast!"

  7. #7
    Git some!
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Somewhere...
    Posts
    8,459
    I remember reading somewhere that Dave was threatening to play the songs on air of his radio show, don't ask why tho , I don't know

  8. #8
    redsun at large!
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    496
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars
    But, fortunately, we were treated to newer classics like "It's about time" and the positively inspired "Up for Breakfast."
    Sorry Dave, but Ed was writing his best stuff right now.
    Everybody sing along:
    "She puts the cream in my coffee, butter on my biscuit, mellons in the bowl, you know i'm up for breakfast!"
    I saw VH on the 2004 tour, when the boys went into "Its about Time" I went and got a beer and took a piss.....
    Is there anything left in that bottle?


  9. #9
    Mr Mod Extraordinare
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Chicago area
    Posts
    6,092
    Quote Originally Posted by EVH_Erupted
    I remember reading somewhere that Dave was threatening to play the songs on air of his radio show, don't ask why tho , I don't know
    He did, and too bad for us he didn't follow through.
    LIGHT 'EM UP!!
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

    siN / DDLR Moderator

  10. #10
    THEE bassist for VH
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    someplace you're not
    Posts
    19,977
    Quote Originally Posted by NE169
    He did, and too bad for us he didn't follow through.
    Yeah, I would have liked to hear those songs!


 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: July 22nd, 2006, 06:30 PM
  2. The 2 VH DLR songs in 1996???
    By redsun in forum Main Classic Van Halen Discussion Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: June 20th, 2006, 12:02 PM
  3. Secret gig Holland 27-01-95
    By evh_rules in forum House of Music
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: May 15th, 2005, 08:31 AM
  4. Van Halen rocks! Classic songs of course
    By vhfan4life in forum Main Classic Van Halen Discussion Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: July 10th, 2004, 09:12 PM
  5. classic VH vs. the new songs
    By unchainedguitars in forum Main Classic Van Halen Discussion Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: June 21st, 2004, 07:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •