Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

What is Your Favorite Axe? - Page 2
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I play a Gibson Les Paul Studio. It ROCKS!!! I can get the Edward sound w/ it playing thru my Marshall. I don't have a tremelo on it, but I haven't really used my tremelo on my other guitars in years it seems.
    I like the way the line runs up the back of her stockings....

No cheer******s allowed!
    Only Edward can get the "Edward" sound, which also called the Brown sound.

Some local kid

Specify?

Favourite EVH guitar or favourite guitar in general?

In terms of EVH, I like Eddie's black and white original as well as when he repainted it red, the Charvel VHII, the Kramer 5150, the Shark Destroyer, and most of what he played in the early 80s. The Axis/Wolfgang guitars are decent, but they don't have quite the flair of those Kramers and Charvels, though I do own an Axis myself.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Gage!!!

Gage was only about 15 or 16 years old, but he was diagnosed with cancer, around this time.
    He stopped posting on here, but i would communicate with him on Myspace, during those years.
    Then he sort of vanished.

I hope he's okay, wherever he may be.

Some local kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Rose View Post
    Favourite EVH guitar or favourite guitar in general?

In terms of EVH, I like Eddie's black and white original as well as when he repainted it red, the Charvel VHII, the Kramer 5150, the Shark Destroyer, and most of what he played in the early 80s. The Axis/Wolfgang guitars are decent, but they don't have quite the flair of those Kramers and Charvels, though I do own an Axis myself.
    As for other guitars, I'm a Les Paul guy, thanks to Jimmy Page, Slash, and Steve Clark.
    Stratocasters or maybe Telecasters for clean and bluesy stuff, or a strat hot rodded with humbuckers for rock.
    As I said, Charvels and Kramers had that 80s flair, yet for some reason, Ibanez and ESP are usually too pointy for me. They both have decent instruments, but they always seemed too Nu-metal or modern for me.
    Jacksons are hit and miss, but USA built and with a cool paint job or graphic gets my attention.
    Rickenbacker basses thanks to Geddy Lee and Lemmy.
    Thunderbirds thanks to Nikki Sixx.
    "Rock and roll ain't worth the name if it don't make you strut!" - Lemmy Kilmister

Groupie
    My favorite guitar is a Gibson SG.
    I own an Epiphone SG because I can't afford a Gibson but I really like the Epiphone too.
    I've played a Gibson Les Paul studio for a while and I really don't think it's much better than an Epiphone SG.
    I also own an Ibanez GRG270B, I love playing it but hate tuning it.

I know the law, friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    Only Edward can get the "Edward" sound, which also called the Brown sound.
    Thank you.

There's 10 things that give Edward his sound and they're located at the end of his palms.
    "I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

Roadie
    I guess I like the 5150 the best out of all the guitars.....

Rob

Of mine, I got a Mexican Stratocaster off of E-Bay that had DiMarzio Area 57 single coils put in the neck and middle positions, and a Super Distortion in the bridge. One day I'd like to upgrade the tremolo to a steel Wilkinson one, but the factory one works. It's not the best sounding guitar I have, but it does a lot of sounds well, and it feels so good to play!

For famous guitars, I like Jimmy Page's sunburst Les Pauls. So many other people play sunburst Les Pauls, but no one brings the cool to them like Jimmy Page did. Dweezil Zappa's lime green Charvel was always another favorite, my favorite of the `80's.

Unfortunately my guitars mostly sit in their cases because it's hard to find anyone to collaborate with. I just sit here and type about guitars on CHV.com.

I can't decide between my Wolfgang...

And my Strat...

My strat is used for blues (SRV, Hendrix, & Mayer), and my Wolfgang is used for everything else. They both have their pros and cons but all things considered, I wouldn't trade them for any other guitar.

As for famous guitars, nothing, and I mean NOTHING, beats this guitar...

"The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few, or the one" - Spock