Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
MICHAEL ANTHONY: EDDIE VAN HALEN Didn't Want Me To Be Part Of 2004 Tour
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Bop bada, shoobe doo wah

MICHAEL ANTHONY: EDDIE VAN HALEN Didn't Want Me To Be Part Of 2004 Tour

According to Danny Glessner of the San Antonio Express-News, many reports from VAN HALEN's 2004 reunion tour suggested guitar legend Eddie Van Halen was out of sorts due to a storm of recent troubles including cancer, divorce and reports of heavy drinking. Whatever the problems, the tour was not resting well with VAN HALEN bassist Michael Anthony, whose loyalty to Sammy Hagar strained his relations with the Van Halen brothers.

"I've always tried to skate around these questions," Anthony told the San Antonio Express-News. "But the fact of the matter is when we did the tour in 2004, Ed didn't want me there because of my relationship with Sammy. I sucked it up and took less pay, because I thought if it was the last time VAN HALEN went out and toured, and I wasn't part of it, I would really be upset.

"To sign on to do the tour, they made me relinquish any rights and claims I had to the (VAN HALEN) name, the logo, whatever. At this point, there is basically nothing going on as far as VAN HALEN goes. It's tough to say that, but I'm not going to sugarcoat anything any more."

Hagar said he is in the same boat as Anthony when it comes to forecasting the future.

"I wish Alex was my brother and I've said that to him many times," Hagar said regarding the VAN HALEN drummer. "Ed and Al are tight as hell and you ain't going to get between them. When you're with them, you're an outsider so Mike and I were always buddying up when Ed and Al would start speaking (their native) Dutch and smoking cigarettes and getting in fistfights (laughs).

"I don't have a lot of faith in another VAN HALEN reunion. I'd be totally willing if everything was cool, but I'll tell you straight up, everything's not cool."

Read the entire article at www.mysanantonio.com.

Band Manager
    I have heard a lot about that. It is quite sad that things have come to this in the VH camp.
    Hey Hey Mama said the way you move, gonna make you sweat, gonna make you groove

Cheers everyone !

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by ryanpday
    According to Danny Glessner of the San Antonio Express-News, many reports from VAN HALEN's 2004 reunion tour suggested guitar legend Eddie Van Halen was out of sorts due to a storm of recent troubles including cancer, divorce and reports of heavy drinking. Whatever the problems, the tour was not resting well with VAN HALEN bassist Michael Anthony, whose loyalty to Sammy Hagar strained his relations with the Van Halen brothers.

"I've always tried to skate around these questions," Anthony told the San Antonio Express-News. "But the fact of the matter is when we did the tour in 2004, Ed didn't want me there because of my relationship with Sammy. I sucked it up and took less pay, because I thought if it was the last time VAN HALEN went out and toured, and I wasn't part of it, I would really be upset.

"To sign on to do the tour, they made me relinquish any rights and claims I had to the (VAN HALEN) name, the logo, whatever. At this point, there is basically nothing going on as far as VAN HALEN goes. It's tough to say that, but I'm not going to sugarcoat anything any more."

Hagar said he is in the same boat as Anthony when it comes to forecasting the future.

"I wish Alex was my brother and I've said that to him many times," Hagar said regarding the VAN HALEN drummer. "Ed and Al are tight as hell and you ain't going to get between them. When you're with them, you're an outsider so Mike and I were always buddying up when Ed and Al would start speaking (their native) Dutch and smoking cigarettes and getting in fistfights (laughs).

"I don't have a lot of faith in another VAN HALEN reunion. I'd be totally willing if everything was cool, but I'll tell you straight up, everything's not cool."

Read the entire article at www.mysanantonio.com.
    What I already said several times before and seems to be confirmed now....
    " there aint going to be a reunion "...All that speculation is going on for years now and it always ends up the same way...Dissapointed fans .....

Dance Baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanpday

Michael, an original member of Van Halen had to relinquish rights and claims he had to the Van Halen name? There is more bad blood in this whole Van Halen affair then I thought. As business goes, Eddie and Alex have pretty much lost all creditbility with me. I don't understand how they could treat Mike this way. Of course this is one side of the story, but DAMN!

Like jane, I don't believe a Classic Van Halen reunion will happen. Not soon anyway.

Does Eddie need help? I wonder sometimes if Eddies health is the reason for nothingness at camp Van Halen. It would explain alot. Just wish that Eddie would talk. Two dorks on a morning drive-by show doesn't count.
    Daniel (1994-2013)

THEE bassist for VH
    It speaks volumes about Ed and Al's lack of integrity when Michael has to relinquish his rights to the band he is one fourth a member of for 30+ yrs.

I think Mikey has reached his breaking point with the VH bros. The marriage is dissolving. He knows he can now do whatever he wants in life. I assume he also knows that Van Halen's career is just about over. He probably never said anything all these years out of loyalty.

House OF pAINE
    It is sad that Hagar is bashing the band that got him millions. I am a huge Halen fan and sorry to say--Sammy's little Waborita band IS NOT BETTER than Van Halen!! That is ludicrous. If this is ever the fire to get the real Halen back together I don't know what is. Dave needs to come on back home and get ready to make millions. I really don't care to hear Sammy ruining classic Halen. I am a Halen fan with Sammy too but enough is enough with his comments about Eddie. Let's see if Sammy wants to go out and party every night after he has cancer and a divorce. He is so selfish. Nothing against Mike being on the tour--but he needs to realize Van Halen with Dave is where he needs to be--Gee--do I wanna make 1 million or 6 million? No one is going to care about that lousy band he has together. Lauser is no Alex and that guitar player is disgraceful to even be playing Eddie's material. Even for that fact like I wanna hear Sammy singing Roth. He never could. As for the 2004 tour sounding bad--that is a load--I saw it and loved it. They sounded better than anything Sammy ever put together. The music was tight and crisp--All we needed was Roth. Mike will come on back to camp once Dave signs the big reunion contract papers. Trust me he will. My God--Sammy has some woman on bass in his band. Can I laugh yet? Please!! Such a joke!! It is sad he has to use Michael Anthony to get people to come to his show. Like anybody wants to hear the first half--BORING! Everyone is coming to hear the Van Halen half and leave. So--saying all that--It's time for Dave to come back and make magic like we heard back in the day. As Dave said at the US Festival in 83--LOOK AT ALL THE PEOPLE HERRRE TONIGHT!!! Too bad SAmmy wont be saying that when Mike leaves.

No cheer******s allowed!
    If you read the entire article by hitting the link, there's a part that mentions bot Sam & Mike enjoy "Water sports." HAHAHA!!!!
    Sadly, ed is not well, and Sam should thank his lucky stars he didn't have to deal with any bouts of cancer.
    I agree with House that the majority of the people checking out this over-hyped tour is because of the VH element. And Sam was savvy enough to really promote that aspect of it.
    There is no excuse for Ed & Al too diminish Micheal Anthony's standing in VH. That is disgraceful, as he's been there for nearly three decades.
    From what i've read, it seems like the only reunion ever to be considered, would be another run with Sammy.
    They don't even seem to believe a Roth one is a possibility.
    I wonder if Ed expressed that to Sam.

THEE bassist for VH
    I personally don't think Ed and Sam have talked since the end of the 2004 tour. I'd be surprised if they had. I also don't see them reconvening with him. Mikey finally made the decision to bail, so there is no VH now. Nothing.

Roth is their last hope to ride out into the sunset. Like it or not.

No cheer******s allowed!
    But without Mike?
    If they reunite with Dave, that will certainly put Anthony in a tough situation. Will he realign himself with the brothers or stay loyal to Sam?

THEE bassist for VH
    You can bet that Dave will want Mikey present as long as it is the real deal reunion. I don't think he would participate without him.

On the Sam & Dave tour, Mike hit Dave up to do a number or two, Dave wouldn't. He told Mikey "Why do a halfassed reunion"?

It's all or nothing for Dave. And I wholeheartedly agree with him.

David Lee Roth, Michael Anthony, Alex Van Halen, Edward Van Halen

It can only be this paring.