Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Finally got Iron Maiden's "Piece of Mind" in the mail today!!!!!
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Band Manager

Finally got Iron Maiden's "Piece of Mind" in the mail today!!!!!

The thing rocks. Particularly "Flight of Icarus". Maiden rules.
    Hey Hey Mama said the way you move, gonna make you sweat, gonna make you groove

Band Manager
    great album.
    what about some footage from reading festival 2005

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...maiden&pl=true

Brum, the birth place and home of Heavy metal music, and the occasional twister.

Al says 'Rules is rules and if there isn't any rules then where would we be? thats right; France!'
    Australian women, genetically bred for bar work! cheers.
    http://www3.youtube.com/watch?v=4Lze...arch=aerosmith
    "Thats captain Jack sparrow"

No cheer******s allowed!
    Great album! My fave Maiden cover, btw. I remember seeing the sleeve and thinking, "they shaved Eddie's head, how brilliant!"
    Great songs, also: To tame a land, trooper, flight of icarus, revelations, and the ass-kicking sun & steel, which is an early Adrian smith collaboration.

Band Technician
    I got that album after I got "Number of the Beast" and "Powerslave". In the beginning I liked the mentioned albums better than Piece of Mind, but after a while the album grew one me...

At that time I thought that Piece of Mind was their third album, after Killers and before NOTB...... :duh:
    M.A.D.E. Van Halen
    Mike, Alex, Dave and Edward made Van Halen

Metal Up Your A$$!

Thumbs up # 1

As I said to you, "Piece of Mind" is my Iron Maiden's no. 01 record. I like all the songs, the sleeves, the pictures. I got hooked when I listened to it for the 1st time - "Where Eagles Dare" with that amazing drum intro sounds awesome still these days. Oh, I remember the 1st time I watched "Flight of Icarus" video shoot - great!
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

Band Manager

Cool

Yup, its a good one. I got all the Maiden albums as they came out, ( Yup, I'm an old fart ), but this won is special, as it was the first time seeing them headline, ( Saxon and Fastway opened up ), wow, what an awesome loud show. I was front row and could feel the pulsating vibration and breeze from the amps while they opened the show with " Where Eagles Dare ". Dynamite live sound back then.

The whole album is great, but I especially like " Still Life ", and " Die With Your Boots On ", and " Revelations " and "Flight of Icarus ".

The first time seeing them was with SCORPIONS , on their Blackout tour. Maiden actually did an autograph apearance at my towns record store, and I went and got an autograph, but took my KILLERS album cover , which caused Bruce to wince and make a funny face, it was so cool for me back then, as I was a big fan at a young age. Most of the stuff I liked back then, I still like now, SCORPS, MAIDEN, PRIEST, UFO, SABBATH, etc, etc. It's amazing how these past couple of years have had most of those acts still tour now successfully. Good times to be a heavy rock fan.

There is a full show from Germany on YouTube from this records tour in 1983, its pretty good, but I'm not yet 100% computer literate right now, and can't bring the link to this page, but you can easily find it if you want, I think it is a recent upload, as I just found out about it recently.

No cheer******s allowed!
    "Still Life" was great except for the atrocious lyrics, about staring into a pool.
    I like the one that goes: You killed your first man at thirteen, killer instinct, animal supreme...(Sun & Steel?)

"To Tame a Land" has become my favorite maiden song, btw.
    That song is just gorgeous musically, plus both solo's by Dave & Adrian, are their greatest in my book.
    I love how one guy begins a sort of theme to the solo, and the other guy comes in & compliments it.

Also, the middle part, with that haunting Bass melody, and Bruce singing over it, just gives me the chills.
    I love the lyrics during that part, and how his voice gets more intense as he goes along.

Then it ends, perfectly, just the way it had begun.
    Amazing album, and an incredible song to finish the record.

Like Mike
    I don't like the lyrics to "Die With Your Boots On" or "Quest for Fire". "In the time, when dinosaurs roamed the Er-er-earth!"... Really Bruce, really? I love "Revelations", hell all of the album is great except for some of the lyrics. Was listening to it last week. Something about America has ignited the inner Iron in me.

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by big fatty View Post
    I was front row and could feel the pulsating vibration and breeze from the amps while they opened the show with "Where Eagles Dare". Dynamite live sound back then.
    Damn! That sounded great, man!

POM is my all time Maiden's favourite album!
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

No cheer******s allowed!
    "Piece of mind" is in the tough position of being sandwiched between a bonafide classic, Number of the beast,
    and also Maiden's master work, Powerslave.

POM is a great heavy metal record, just not as great as the record before it or after.