Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    The menace is loose again
    I've never bought or sold a boot video before. I gave it a shot today. I bought the 1982 Largo show on ebay from some guy for $15.00.

What should I expect? Was this shot by some guy with a camcorder in the last row of the venue? Is the quality any good? I went to a site that was describing bootlegs and they were saying the video was rated an A- but that was a two disc set, and the version I just purchased is only one disc?

Can anybody give me some insight as to how the quality of this DVD might be? I'm a first time buyer and would like some advise, thanks in advance for offerering your opinions...

Brian
    I'm takin' whiskey to the party tonight, An' I'm lookin' for somebody to squeeze...

Band Technician
    I like it, yes, pro shot, quality will vary, depending on the guy who copied it for you, if they are using shitty copying software and just want a quick copy, it could be better, but to me, any live video from halen is good.Shit it's been 20 some years so anything will be enjoyable, actually reading your post made me throw it on
    Unchained just finished, got to jump over the drum solo
    You wil enjoy it

dave is on during Everybody Wants Some

Personally, I like Buenos Aires 83 but I believe unchained prefers Largo

Simon enjoys the Brazil show from what he has said here
    That is coming today for me
    So I'll be running up and down stairs waiting for the mail
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Can't get this stuff no more

JG, do you have the two disc version or the single disc version? Do you know if one is a lot better than the other?

One other question for you - what do you feel is the best overall CVH DVD out there? Also, what should I stay away from? I would imagine some have good picture quality but poor sound and vice versa.
    I'm takin' whiskey to the party tonight, An' I'm lookin' for somebody to squeeze...

Metal Up Your A$$!
    Originally posted by brianp88@Jan 19 2006, 03:16 AM
    JG, do you have the two disc version or the single disc version? Do you know if one is a lot better than the other?
    Brian, I got the 02 CDs version. Very nice video, man. A must have item.
    I also enjoy the Montreal/1984 video a lot. And the Buenos Aires/1983, too!
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

Band Technician
    Yes, some guys will copy shit and sell it for too much money, if you want what I believe to be a good copy of Buenos Aires 83 concert, there is a silver pressed dvd on ebay, the guy claims it is not a copy, so the quality should be excellent, I know my Beunos Aires show is better quality than my Largo show
    I have Buenos Aires, Largo, US Festival, 1984(Montreal)Eat'm and Smile(Detroit)86
    Skyscraper(1988) Brazil(coming today)
    I think that any show is worth getting

I have the single disc version, I believe that the 2 disc version would be better because I have done editting on my computer and the space for better quality is alot more therefore requiring more disc space
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 2.JPG (19.9 KB, 163 views)

Originally posted by Simon Ribeiro+Jan 19 2006, 02:20 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Simon Ribeiro @ Jan 19 2006, 02:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-brianp88@Jan 19 2006, 03:16 AM
    JG, do you have the two disc version or the single disc version?* Do you know if one is a lot better than the other?*
    Brian, I got the 02 CDs version. Very nice video, man. A must have item.
    I also enjoy the Montreal/1984 video a lot. And the Buenos Aires/1983, too&#33; [/b][/quote]
    I appreciate the advise Simon. I&#39;m a first time buyer; I saw the listing for the single disc Largo show on ebay so I went for it. Have you seen the single disc version? If so, will I be happy with it?

Are there any shows that I should avoid buying if I see them on ebay or elsewhere?

Brian
    I&#39;m takin&#39; whiskey to the party tonight, An&#39; I&#39;m lookin&#39; for somebody to squeeze...

Metal Up Your A$$!
    Originally posted by brianp88@Jan 19 2006, 03:26 AM
    I appreciate the advise Simon. I&#39;m a first time buyer; I saw the listing for the single disc Largo show on ebay so I went for it. Have you seen the single disc version? If so, will I be happy with it?

Are there any shows that I should avoid buying if I see them on ebay or elsewhere?

Humm, that&#39;s tough. IMHO, even the worst Van Halen concert video worths the ticket. Just like JG said, any Classic =VH= show will be welcome into my Collection. I never heard or read any line about the Largo single CD version. Maybe our good friend, NE169, could answer this one better than me. He is THE man if we talk about bootlegs. :184:
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

Band Technician
    Like I said, I have the single version Largo, I just played it through a different dvd player and the quality kicks ass

Originally posted by jgdrag@Jan 19 2006, 02:42 AM
    Like I said, I have the single version Largo, I just played it through a different dvd player and the quality kicks ass
    Thanks JG, that&#39;s good to know. Thanks for pointing out the Buenos DVD on ebay. I just may buy that one after I check out the Largo show.
    I&#39;m takin&#39; whiskey to the party tonight, An&#39; I&#39;m lookin&#39; for somebody to squeeze...

Band Technician
    I would ASAP, it is good quality and not a silver pressed DVD as the one you are looking at.