Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Eddie's Original "plywood duct tape" Pedalboard??
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    redsun at large!
    I was wondering if any of you guys know what happend to Eddies original "plywood duct tape" pedalboard?
    I know he used it as far into the WCF world tour. You hear his effects on Fair Warning aswell. Where are those pedals , and who owns those pedals today?
    I betcha for some reason Eddie doesnt have his original "script" MXR Phase 90, Flanger

Does anybody have a pic of the original "plywood duct tape" pedal board...I have never seen it. :184:
    Is there anything left in that bottle?

I gotcha' covered homie.....

redsun at large!
    Whoa!!! Thanks man!!!
    I never knew he used a MXR EQ......What a trip.
    Is there anything left in that bottle?

Great shots Pink!! I spent a bout twenty minutes trying to get my photos up of this but this site is finiky about uploads, or more likely I'm just a moron when it comes to following instructions :lol:
    Anyway, I spent a little bit of cash on ebay picking up one of those vintage (1970's early 80's)MXR 6 band equalizer (upper right corner of first shot). I've had one of those Boss 10 band EGs since 1979 (last shot)and now that I tried the old 6 band I'm sold. I adore the sound of a medium gain pickup with a pre-amp boost going into a cranked tube amp. I'm surpries to see how much Ed has pushed up the gain on that little EQ. The forth slider is almost maxed out! I think the two boss EQs and the two echoplexes are for when Ed switched from the B/W to the Destroyer after Eruption. Somehow box #1 and #2 (see first shot) were probably for this purpose too? There is that really bad quality vid of Eruption back in 78 where you see Ed put down the B/W while it is still squeeling away, someone hands him the Destroyer and he walks over to the effects board, stomps on a switch, then tears into YRGM.

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation ...

Damn.
    I was looking for the last pic for months... .

Thanks, Mr Pink.
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

David Lee Roth Bodyguard

Top -Notch-pic-pics

Look at those!....I've died and gone to analog heaven.

Every one of those pedals/effects is a classic, all gathering duzzt somewhere.

One mans junk is another mans treasure and I'd rather have that ol' rig any day over Edwardo's new wanky-spanky pedal board.

Great pics Mr Pink, cheers mate.

Whenever we would go on tour, the other bands would laugh when they saw my plywood pedalboard. They stopped laughing when they heard me play!-Edward Lodejwick Van Halen

"The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few, or the one" - Spock

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. MASSEY
    Whenever we would go on tour, the other bands would laugh when they saw my plywood pedalboard. They stopped laughing when they heard me play!-Edward Lodejwick Van Halen
    Excellent quote, AJ.
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

Yabba Dabba Doo!
    I used to have one of those MXR EQ's.
    I used to use it as a volume boost to help my leads cut through the mix.
    Worked pretty well!

Band Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Dino
    I used to have one of those MXR EQ's.
    I used to use it as a volume boost to help my leads cut through the mix.
    Worked pretty well!
    Wow, you are the man!

I would say EVH still has all that stuff stashed away..but roadies and techs did lift a few things when the left the band because of lack of better pay.

I agree EVH should go back to his analog orginal pedals and gear..the sound he had pre Kramer...was the best..His gear today sounds good but just not the same as the old days..His sound and tone was just blistering hot..like lava from an eruption..