Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Abel here...if I can please have a moment...
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    xxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by 16oz.Schlitz; September 22nd, 2006 at 06:57 AM.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Lucas Aykroyd hit the nail on the proverbial head: Why aren't Van Halen maximizing their incredibly rich legacy? I'll never understand how none of the parties involved will embrace (or even acknowlegde) the historical significance.
    They could make a lot of money, fer chrissakes!
    Abel, positive reviews aside, it's going to be tough to win back the trust of the VH community. Personally, i have no regrets about purchasing your book, and that's good enough for me. As i mentioned in another post on this very volatile subject, it's certainly far from the definitive VH bio, but it's still a freaking book on the mighty Halen! Gotta appreciate that.
    Anyway, goodluck and maybe it will all blow over.

Bop bada, shoobe doo wah
    :huh:

No cheer******s allowed!
    Ryan, if your feeling some confusion, check out the VH101 book thread on this forum. It will clear things up. :184:

xxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by 16oz.Schlitz; September 22nd, 2006 at 06:57 AM.

Metal Up Your A$$!
    Originally posted by 16oz.Schlitz@Nov 16 2005, 04:44 PM

All sarcasm aside, hey, don't worry about me, dude. I'm ok. Everyone from Guitar World to Martin friggin' Popoff has given me major props, so I'm cool. Not to mention the insane amount of email I receive every day from VH fans worldwide. From Boston to the Netherlands to you name it, I've heard from VH fans where I couldn't even fathom there being VH fans!!!

I've heard it all, from "thank you so much for writing this book" to "I gave my 12 year old son your book so he can learn all about Eddie and the band." So believe me, I'm doing alright. What I did at the forums was a stupid, simple mistake. A truly simple mistake. Nobody died, so I don't see why certain parties feel the need, even like a month after it happened, to continue to attack me and trash me online. I can't lie, I'd love to respond, but I shall only do so in private, by email. Going after someone on a public forum is just not my style.

The whole thing was so stupid and blown so outta proportion, man, that certain individual doesn't even merit a public response. However, I shall deal with them directly. And this is the first, last and only time I'll ever address this in public. I had quite a few emails from Linkers and other VH heads inquiring as to what had transpired. I decided to post here cuz everyone at cvh.com, from the owner to the posters, have always been supercool and supportive to me. So I figured it was high time I spoke up, especially with certain parties running around talkin' shite. So that's the deal, y'all. For those who care, anyway. Thanks. Peace...
    As I said before, your book is a good reading stuff. I can speak for myself and it "worth the ticket" for sure. I'd recomend to every single Van Halen hardcore fan to buy a copy. And I also wish you good luck, man! :184:
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Itís just me and Al ó a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and weíre good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Heís no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Iíll probably go with him.Ē GC

Would love to buy the book, but I have been to 4 Barnes and Nobles and 2 Borders Books here in Phoenix AZ and I cannot find it. Where the hell is it???

Cheers everyone !
    Look in your postbox Abel, I send you a pm about all this <_< ....

No cheer******s allowed!
    I&#39;ve ordered a copy for my B&N in Boston, one for me and a second for store display. If you want the book, you have to inquire about a &#39;special order&#39;.
    B&N can easily get it. I&#39;m sure it&#39;s the same with Borders.
    It&#39;s a shame that VH have slipped so below the radar that Abel&#39;s book still sits on the store shelf. Had i stumbled across it on my own, i&#39;d have been ecstatic to see something like this for sale.

THEE bassist for VH
    First off, this book has been produced through AuthorHouse and is thus a print on demand item, meaning the author can buy as many or as few copies as he wants for resale and the price to him doesnít change that much. It also means that there arenít thousands of copies run at once and sitting somewhere.
    That&#39;s the answer as to why you can&#39;t find it.

Also, it seems to me that your discluding ANY VH fans reviews here. Purposely? Hmm. I would think that they would be as equal, if not more so, than any magazine critic. They will tell you their honest opinions without playing it up.

From what I&#39;ve read at certain boards, it&#39;s really just excerpts from old interviews, quotes, etc., that we&#39;ve all read before. Plus, mixed with his own thoughts. No pictures either.

Not sure if I agree with you Abel on you only creating two aliases, as any simple IP trace would provide the answer to that.

Apology? You wouldn&#39;t have had too, if you just would have let the book sell itself. That&#39;s all I&#39;m going to say about this matter.

Out