Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Hi from Canada
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.

Thread: Hi from Canada

dakotex
    I've been a fan since the beginning and a huge fan since I saw them play in Vancouver in 1984. I cannot remember if there was an opening act for this show or not . Anyone out there can help out a fellow VH fanatic please post or PM. Thanks

Band Manager
    welcome to classicvanhalen dakotex, make yourself at home. :184:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Brum, the birth place and home of Heavy metal music, and the occasional twister.

Al says 'Rules is rules and if there isn't any rules then where would we be? thats right; France!'
    Australian women, genetically bred for bar work! cheers.
    http://www3.youtube.com/watch?v=4Lze...arch=aerosmith
    "Thats captain Jack sparrow"

Mr Mod Extraordinare
    Hi dakotex--I'm sure VH had an opening act back then, too--the only act I think may have opened for them back then was Autograph, but don't quote me on that.
    LIGHT 'EM UP!!
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

siN / DDLR Moderator

Metal Up Your A$$!
    Welcome to CVH, Dakotex.
    Enjoy the site! :184:
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

THEE bassist for VH
    Although the official Van Halen site no longer has that info dakotex, I was able to find out that you saw them on May 1, 1984 at the Pacific Coliseum there in Vancouver. Also, it probably was Autograph as the opening act, as they did 48 dates, starting from the beginning of the tour. Vancouver was at the first leg of it too. Some other band(s) finished out with VH. I saw them on either June 15 or 16 that year, as they pulled two nights in my city. I don't remember Autograph, don't feel bad! Largely forgettable besides that song "Turn Up The Radio".

Welcome aboard!
    Last edited by i1sum2!; May 9th, 2006 at 02:53 PM.

Band Manager
    Hiya Dak!

Welcome to CVH
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cheers everyone !
    WELCOME TO THIS BOARD DAKOTEX :184:

Band Manager
    Welcome to CVH , Dakotex .

I'm from Canada as well where in Canada are you from