Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Classic VH fan from Canada
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Groupie
    Hi all, been browing this great site for a while now, thought I would join and say hello.

At 42 I'm probably a bit long in the tooth around here, but there are two moments from my youth that I recall as clear as the day they happened - hearing Eruption for the first time, and seeing the classic lineup back in 1981 on the Fair Warning tour. The biggest and best band in the world came to our modest little hamlet (Halifax, Nova Scotia on the East Coast of Canada) in the spring of '81. What a night, thunderously loud, the air thick with pot, Mike's bass solo, Ed's guitar playing and Dave just being Dave. At school the next day, noone who had been to the concert could even speak we were that blown away.

Ah good days... fortuneately before Sammy ruined everything VH left us with 6 classic albums, and I listen to 'em as much now as I did when they first came out.

Cheers everybody,
    Long Live VH !!

Band Manager
    Welcome Ivan, have a great time. :184:

Brum, the birth place and home of Heavy metal music, and the occasional twister.

Al says 'Rules is rules and if there isn't any rules then where would we be? thats right; France!'
    Australian women, genetically bred for bar work! cheers.
    http://www3.youtube.com/watch?v=4Lze...arch=aerosmith
    "Thats captain Jack sparrow"

Mr Mod Extraordinare
    Welcome aboard, Ivan!
    LIGHT 'EM UP!!
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

siN / DDLR Moderator

Permanent vacation
    Whoa - not just another Canucklehead, but another Haligonian! What're the chances of that?

Welcome aboard!
    "I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I dont care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. My affections, being concentrated over a few people, are not spread all over Hell in a vile attempt to placate sulky, worthless shits."

~ William S. Burroughs

Cheers everyone !
    Welcome to this board Ivan Halen.....make yourself at home :184: ...
    Last edited by jane; August 26th, 2007 at 02:48 PM.

Metal Up Your A$$!
    Originally posted by Ivan Halen@May 24 2005, 11:16 AM

Ah good days... fortuneately before Sammy ruined everything VH left us with 6 classic albums, and I listen to 'em as much now as I did when they first came out.

Welcome to CVH, Ivan. Great point you posted. :184:
    Enjoy!
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

THEE bassist for VH
    Hey ya Ivan, welcome! :184:
    Last edited by i1sum2!; May 9th, 2006 at 01:25 PM.

I am now banned because I acted like an idiot
    Welcome to CVH.com Ivan Halen. I'm a 41 year old fan of the original VH, don't feel too old because you're NOT.

welcome fellow canadian :184:

Mr Mod Extraordinare
    Originally posted by jane@May 25 2005, 11:29 AM
    Welcome to this board Ivan Halen.....make yourself at home :184: ...
    My old desktop pic, and before that, I had that poster in college!
    LIGHT 'EM UP!!
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

siN / DDLR Moderator