Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Check Out My New Tune
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
    This is a tune I came up with my very own self. There's a lick I got off of Eddie about halfway through in the guitar solo. Boos or cheers, let me know what you think.

"Aurora Borealis".

By the way I'd like to point out 11 of the 13 hits I've gotten so far have been me trying to get the link to work!

Bop bada, shoobe doo wah
    I listened to the tune. Pretty good, man! :184:

Band Technician
    This tune rocks !

Attached Images Attached Images
    Everybody wants some ! I want some too !

Band Manager
    I hear Rush, If that trak was on moving pictures it wouldn't sound out of place.
    Excellent stuff. :184:

Brum, the birth place and home of Heavy metal music, and the occasional twister.

Al says 'Rules is rules and if there isn't any rules then where would we be? thats right; France!'
    Australian women, genetically bred for bar work! cheers.
    http://www3.youtube.com/watch?v=4Lze...arch=aerosmith
    "Thats captain Jack sparrow"

Heh...well, I admit I thought this up shortly after purchasing Exit...Stage Left about 15 years ago. I just got Cakewalk Home Studio for Christmas so it finally exists!

My next idea is something that sounds like the best song The Police never actually recorded. My hope is that after awhile these influences will all meld together and not be so recognizable.

Thanks for listening, everybody!

Band Manager
    I see the Rush influence as well. I like the guitar playing a lot although the crunchy chords remind me of Metallica from years ago. Rush/Metallica together...hmmm...I also totally love The Police.
    My whole deal with music is that I'd rather the playing be sloppy and real than programmed...so the bass bothered me a little. It was nice when everything was going on so that it wasn't in the forefront so much.
    Aren't you gonna sing something over it?
    Rock on Ice Cream Man.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=lemonchiffon][COLOR=Teal][SIZE=4][COLOR=Red][B][SIZE=2]The plot thickens...

Yeah, the bass and drums are both synthetic, although I don't think it shows on the drums as much. I tried putting a little distortion on the bass to give it that Rickenbacker/Ampeg amp sound but maybe I should pour more on and try sliding some notes off-beat a little. I've seen used Fender MIM Jazz basses for $200-something so maybe I'll buy one of those sometime.

All this feedback is great! Thanks!