Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
What's in Your cd Player - Page 374
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 374 of 384 FirstFirst ... 274324364372373374375376 ... LastLast
Results 3,731 to 3,740 of 3837
    Yours truly, As Is
    Watching Iron Maiden En Vivo! Live in Chile on Axstv. Huge crowd. Not a huge fan, but damn can they play and Bruce still has great pipes. Nicko is a great drummer but it's funny as he gets older he's looking more an more like their mascot, Eddie.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Only a little tardy
    After a few more listens, I think really dislike the new Mastodon album. It's got a few good ones on there, but some are just cringe worthy. "Aunt Lisa" just sucked and then they got a gang chant with The Coat Hangers. Really guys? "Hey, Ho, Let's Rock n Roll" is the best you can come up with. "Asleep in the Deep" is a bore halfway in, so is "Chimes at Midnight". I still like "High Road", and I dig "Ember City" too. Those the are high lights for me.
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

I know the law, friend.
    I liked the first 3 off the new album, but then my older work mates asked me to put something else in. But those 3 are what got me curious about the band and got me asking you guys for more suggestions.
    "I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboydan View Post
    I liked the first 3 off the new album, but then my older work mates asked me to put something else in. But those 3 are what got me curious about the band and got me asking you guys for more suggestions.
    So have you listened to much else? What's your verdict?

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick AVH fan View Post
    After a few more listens, I think really dislike the new Mastodon album. It's got a few good ones on there, but some are just cringe worthy. "Aunt Lisa" just sucked and then they got a gang chant with The Coat Hangers. Really guys? "Hey, Ho, Let's Rock n Roll" is the best you can come up with. "Asleep in the Deep" is a bore halfway in, so is "Chimes at Midnight". I still like "High Road", and I dig "Ember City" too. Those the are high lights for me.
    I like Asleep in the Deep and Chimes are highlights... Feast Your Eyes is a great track, but it sounds too similar to Ember City.

Oh well, it was inevitable. I don't think any band has put out something great for their 7th release.

It frustrates me that they took down the Mastodon board. I didn't post there, but liked to read there. There were some varying opinions. I just joined a Mastodon group on Facebook, and it's a bunch of Robbies on there. They can do no wrong in the eyes of the posters. I want to hear some more opinions about the new album that isn't people blindly fellating them.

Kinda frustrates me that everything thinks it's an amazing effort.. But I guess their past two releases weeded out the heavier fans and left the more commercial and laid back fans who prefer the half baked stuff.

It's still a good album, but just not on par with their other releases. I'll take it over 99% of other new releases. It's making me appreciate their old work a lot more.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Dark Angel!

Awesome LA Thrash band.

"Time does not heal" is my favorite.
    The new priesthood & an ancient inherited shame, are sick tunes.
    The drummer is amazing & the guitar riffs are insanely T.I.G.H.T.

No cheer******s allowed!
    The part at 4:13- 5:20 is sick!

They go half-time, and the drums & guitar just lock in.
    I love the drummer's fills, throughout this section.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    Watching Iron Maiden En Vivo! Live in Chile on Axstv. Huge crowd. Not a huge fan, but damn can they play and Bruce still has great pipes. Nicko is a great drummer but it's funny as he gets older he's looking more an more like their mascot, Eddie.
    Great stuff! The music might be better than back in the day.Bruce, has lost a little, but not much.They put on an amazing show.I love "Fear of The Dark" at all the foreign shows.They way they go bonkers, jumping and singing....pretty cool.

Only a little tardy
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    I like Asleep in the Deep and Chimes are highlights... Feast Your Eyes is a great track, but it sounds too similar to Ember City.

Oh well, it was inevitable. I don't think any band has put out something great for their 7th release.

It frustrates me that they took down the Mastodon board. I didn't post there, but liked to read there. There were some varying opinions. I just joined a Mastodon group on Facebook, and it's a bunch of Robbies on there. They can do no wrong in the eyes of the posters. I want to hear some more opinions about the new album that isn't people blindly fellating them.

Kinda frustrates me that everything thinks it's an amazing effort.. But I guess their past two releases weeded out the heavier fans and left the more commercial and laid back fans who prefer the half baked stuff.

It's still a good album, but just not on par with their other releases. I'll take it over 99% of other new releases. It's making me appreciate their old work a lot more.
    Yeah, it's an alright album. You're right though, it seems half baked, which is what I kind of thought The Hunter was. When they said they were going to continue the direction from the Hunter but bring in the heaviness from previous albums I was excited. But it's like they didn't take the time to flesh out the songs or fine tune them. When I heard the singles I was enjoying them, but when I started to hear the rest of the album it became a downer. At first I thought it would grow on me, and it did for a while, but I guess I've just been spoiled on their previous work. It's not up to the standards which I know they can write. It's disappointing.

Only a little tardy
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    Dark Angel!

Awesome LA Thrash band.

"Time does not heal" is my favorite.
    The new priesthood & an ancient inherited shame, are sick tunes.
    The drummer is amazing & the guitar riffs are insanely T.I.G.H.T.

Great album. It's alot more progressive than their first three albums. Gene really started to push that in that album. I actually prefer 'Leave Scars' but this one is still up there for me.