Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
What's in Your cd Player - Page 373
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 373 of 384 FirstFirst ... 273323363371372373374375383 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,730 of 3837
    Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboydan View Post
    Can't tell if that's tongue in cheek or not.

What are your top 5 Mastodon songs? I want to listen to them.
    Not tongue in cheek.

Tough to get a list that compact, but here it goes:

Megalodon

The Czar (the start would be considered boring, but it really takes off)

Hearts Alive (another long one)

Bedazzled Fingernails

This Mortal Soil

All mostly deep cuts besides the first tune... Wouldn't say it's a list for someone to get into the band but have fun with it.

Like Mike
    A list to get into them would be:

Oblivion

March of the Fire Ants

Blood And Thunder

Crystal Skull

The Wolf is Loose

Iron Tusk

Capillarian Crest

Black Tongue

Megalodon

Curl of the Burl

But then again, those might be too heavy... I don't even know. They have lots of different sounds spanning across all of their sounds that appeal to different people differently.

I know the law, friend.
    Even better!! Thanks. I like what I've sampled so far, but I like to get song tips right from fans of the band. Cuts to the chase.
    "I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

Like Mike
    Even better!! Thanks. I like what I've sampled so far, but I like to get song tips right from fans of the band. Cuts to the chase.
    No problemo... I hope you enjoy!

Like Mike
    Oh yeah, also check out Mother Puncher, Dry Bone Valley and the Motherload.

I know the law, friend.
    Thanks Jack. I prefer their more melodic stuff like This Mortal Soil, rather than some of the heavier, gruff-voice death metal-esque stuff. And what's the deal with ripping off the Sanitarium riff in Megalodon, lol?
    "I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

Only a little tardy

Talking

Thanks Jack. I prefer their more melodic stuff like This Mortal Soil, rather than some of the heavier, gruff-voice death metal-esque stuff. And what's the deal with ripping off the Sanitarium riff in Megalodon, lol?
    Listen to the album Crack the Skye then. That's my personal fave next to Blood Mountain, because of the melodies.
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

Yours truly, As Is
    I've had VH at Nagoya Japan 6/18/2013 playing in the truck all week. Pretty terrific performance of EWS, with an even longer than usual breakdown, but it's funny when they fuck up the ending and end up playing an extra 5-6 bars before Al leads them back into the proper ending. It sounds like Ed was the one that screwed up, technically, but this is a great example of "falling down the stairs and landing on your feet" displayed by the whole band. The intro is cool when Dave howls a couple times and Wolf mimics his howl on the bass.

Also seems like maybe Dave was having trouble hearing himself at times. He gets pissed at the soundman a couple times during the show, especially during HAIL and ATBL. He doesn't do this at any of the other Japan gigs. One thing I like about these Japan shows is Dave speaking so much fluent Japanese to the crowds, and they love it. Just wish I knew what the hell he was saying, but it always gets the crowds pumped up.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Like Mike
    I'm too drunk now to give roper suggestions..

Listen to Nick, though. Check out "Crack the Skye"..

While you're at it, check out Asleep in the Deep, Ole Nessie and Stargasm. You would prefer their three latest albums.

EDIT: Okay, check out the albums Crack the Skye, the Hunter and Once More Round The Sun

Here's a list of their mellow tunes going in order of first album to newest one (so pretty much from not so mellow, to pretty mellow):

Ole Nessie, Trainwreck, Naked Burn, Hearts Alive, Joseph Merrick, Sleeping Giant, Bladecatcher, Colony of Birchmen, This Mortal Soil, Siberian Divide, Pendulous Skin, the entire Crack the Skye album, Curl of the Burl, Stargasm, The Hunter, Dry Bone Valley, Thickening (beautiful guitar intro), Creature Lives (only song of theirs I don't like at all), Bedazzled Fingernails, The Sparrow, Tread Lightly, The Motherload, Asleep in the Deep, Aunt Lisa, Ember City, Halloween
    Last edited by vhfanjack; June 29th, 2014 at 01:55 AM.

Only a little tardy
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    I'm too drunk now to give roper suggestions..

Listen to Nick, though. Check out "Crack the Skye"..

While you're at it, check out Asleep in the Deep, Ole Nessie and Stargasm. You would prefer their three latest albums.

EDIT: Okay, check out the albums Crack the Skye, the Hunter and Once More Round The Sun

Here's a list of their mellow tunes going in order of first album to newest one (so pretty much from not so mellow, to pretty mellow):

Ole Nessie, Trainwreck, Naked Burn, Hearts Alive, Joseph Merrick, Sleeping Giant, Bladecatcher, Colony of Birchmen, This Mortal Soil, Siberian Divide, Pendulous Skin, the entire Crack the Skye album, Curl of the Burl, Stargasm, The Hunter, Dry Bone Valley, Thickening (beautiful guitar intro), Creature Lives (only song of theirs I don't like at all), Bedazzled Fingernails, The Sparrow, Tread Lightly, The Motherload, Asleep in the Deep, Aunt Lisa, Ember City, Halloween
    Bingo.

*ten characters*
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN