Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

What's in Your cd Player - Page 372
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 372 of 384 FirstFirst ... 272322362370371372373374382 ... LastLast
Results 3,711 to 3,720 of 3837
    Only a little tardy
    I'm liking the album more now. It's certainly better than the Hunter, though they've kept some of the inspiration from it. I dig how their sound has changed a bit, it's not really mainstream per se, as it's still kinda out there for a casual listener. As an avid space rock listener, this is right up my alley. They brought the spaceyness from Crack the Skye and spliced it with their poppier chorus melodies and pulled this off.

However, the production could be better, I do agree.
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

I know the law, friend.
    This is the first I've actually listened to Mastadon. Not bad. I'm gonna give it a few more turns...I think I can get into them.

I'm listening to this today at work: Izzy Stradlin and the Ju Ju Hounds. Very Rolling Stonesy.

"I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

Only a little tardy
    I'd also recommend something from their Crack the Skye album

http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

? ? ? ?
    I'm listening to this today at work: Izzy Stradlin and the Ju Ju Hounds. Very Rolling Stonesy.

[/QUOTE]

Surprisingly that's some really good stuff. This song does have that Rolling Stones sound. Izzy's voice is similar to another singer from maybe the mid 70's to mid 80's I just can't pin the similarities down. (other then Izzy sounding like himself) I've listen to several songs off this LP and it's very bluesy IMO and I really like it.
    Thanks for posting It's very enjoyable.
    Why behave in public if your living on a playground?

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick AVH fan View Post
    I'm liking the album more now. It's certainly better than the Hunter, though they've kept some of the inspiration from it. I dig how their sound has changed a bit, it's not really mainstream per se, as it's still kinda out there for a casual listener. As an avid space rock listener, this is right up my alley. They brought the spaceyness from Crack the Skye and spliced it with their poppier chorus melodies and pulled this off.

However, the production could be better, I do agree.
    Right now I prefer The Hunter, to be honest. Tracks 6 to 11 bleed together because they're all so similar. The production is a bigger and bigger let down each time I think about it, but it seems fine for "High Road" and "Chimes at Midnight" which is strange.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Devo - Freedom of choice (rocks more than you might think)

Tygers of Pan Tang - self made compilation

Riot - Live '82 (with Rhett on vocals)

Katy Perry - selections from Prism

Lana Del Rey - Ultraviolence (not the Death Angel album, btw)

I know the law, friend.
    The Masterplan - Oasis

The best Oasis album, and it's completely comprised of B-sides that never made it on to albums. This thing has it all....bombastic walls of sound like Acquiesce (awesome singing on this one), sad acoustic songs like Talk Tonight, the live instrumental Swamp Song, a great live cover of I Am The Walrus, happy songs like Stay Young and full out rockers like Headshrinker. If you like Oasis, you'll love this album.

-David Lee Roth-

I know the law, friend.

Just look at this song list:

Violent Femmes (1983)

1. Blister In The Sun
    2. Kiss Off
    3. Please Do Not Go
    4. Add It Up
    5. Confessions
    6. Prove My Love
    7. Promise
    8. To The Kill
    9. Gone Daddy Gone
    10. Good Feeling
    11. Ugly
    12. Gimme The Car
    -David Lee Roth-

Like Mike
    After having a week to digest it, the new Mastodon is definitely my least favourite of all their albums.

Oh well, it was announced today that their first album (formerly my least favourite) is getting a deluxe re-issue in August. There's something to get excited about.. For me, at least.

I know the law, friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    After having a week to digest it, the new Mastodon is definitely my least favourite of all their albums.

Oh well, it was announced today that their first album (formerly my least favourite) is getting a deluxe re-issue in August. There's something to get excited about.. For me, at least.
    Can't tell if that's tongue in cheek or not.

What are your top 5 Mastodon songs? I want to listen to them.
    -David Lee Roth-