Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
What's in Your cd Player - Page 332
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 332 of 384 FirstFirst ... 232282322330331332333334342382 ... LastLast
Results 3,311 to 3,320 of 3837
    Like Mike
    Lamb of God and Austrian Death Machine.. lol

Like Mike
    I think that UG is the only other Lamb of God fan on this site.. But I'm really looking forward to this As the Palaces Burn re-mix/remaster! It's a metal masterpiece of the new century, and the production let it down a bit. Although, I have to admit, the low-fi production added to its grit and character in a black metal kind of way.

Still, I'm really looking forward to hearing the rest of the album boosted in production like this:

No cheer******s allowed!
    I love "Palaces" and "Ashes," two records i thought were far above all the other new
    metal bands.

I really believed LOG had the talent & chops to be the new Metallica or Pantera, as far
    as redefining the next wave of metal.
    But then they kinda stalled and lost their way for me.

Their skill is jaw dropping, fusing some Slayer elements with the technicality of prime
    era Megadeth.
    The drummer is just ridiculous, too.

But i really feel like they got stale, after that initial blaze of metallic brilliance.

Yours truly, As Is
    I dont care for their music at all, but LOG's Chris Adler is indeed an incredible drummer, perhaps the best metal drummer on the planet right now.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    I dont care for their music at all, but LOG's Chris Adler is indeed an incredible drummer, perhaps the best metal drummer on the planet right now.
    Amen to that, he does some stuff that is unhuman haha.

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    I love "Palaces" and "Ashes," two records i thought were far above all the other new
    metal bands.

I really believed LOG had the talent & chops to be the new Metallica or Pantera, as far
    as redefining the next wave of metal.
    But then they kinda stalled and lost their way for me.

Their skill is jaw dropping, fusing some Slayer elements with the technicality of prime
    era Megadeth.
    The drummer is just ridiculous, too.

But i really feel like they got stale, after that initial blaze of metallic brilliance.
    They got a lot of praise for Sacrament, which is a shame because it's probably their weakest album.

There's been flashes of brilliance on their other albums, but not close to what they did on those two.
    Maybe their next one, after this whole legal case, will be really inspired.

Until then, this remaster is the best thing we can get.

"King Me" from the new album had a lot of potential.
    I love that opera singer thing they did.

Yours truly, As Is
    Volbeat-Beyond Hell/Above Heaven
    Volbeat-Outlaw Gentleman & Shady Ladies

I am now thoroughly convinced that, outside of VH, this is the best band going right now. Man, I love these guys, and am amused that a band from Denmark has such an interest in putting American Old West themes in their music.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

EVH diehard ...
    Halestorm - live .
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

Like Mike
    The Mars Volta - Amputechture

It seems like on every album after their first, half the album is boring ambient crap, while some other parts are incredible and energy field. The tough part? Finding the gold amongst the shit.

Got four albums for free today for helping out at a library sale for community work for the basketball team... Portishead - Dummy, Mos Def - The New Danger, The Strokes - Room on Fire (something messed up in my brain and for some reason I thought that the Strokes were the Arctic Monkeys) and The Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not.

My girlfriend is a big Arctic Monkeys fan.. If it's free, I don't why I shouldn't take the plunge and see what the fuss is about.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Van Halen - Women & Children first

Van Halen - Diver down

Rolling Stones - Some Girls

Guns N Roses - Appetite for Destruction

Guns N Roses - Lies

Isis - various mix, i made

Blood Ceremony - Eldritch Dark