Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
What's in Your cd Player - Page 330
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 330 of 384 FirstFirst ... 230280320328329330331332340380 ... LastLast
Results 3,291 to 3,300 of 3837
    Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    That tune is incredible, man!

I definitely hear the early Stones connection.
    Early stones is very much it's own animal, so different from the post-Jones era.
    I like it, though.
    I know they were big Staples Singers fans as well, and "The Last Time" was a reworking of a Staples song.

I love their early years. Even though it's kind of goofy how they slavishly copy blues records, it's cool because they are so young, and they are (usually) doing a great job. Plus you can hear how their limitations were shaping Blues into Rock. You can hear a harder edge, and a stiffer (whiter?) swing inflecting the music. When Brian Jones sings backup on "Walking the Dog", he sounds JUST LIKE a cigar smoking, fat, old bluesman. It sounds like the guy in that song "The Nitty Gritty". It's ridiculous, but it's great at the same time.

"Out of Our Heads"

Yours truly, As Is
    Tool- 10,000 Days

Yeah, I know, coming from a guy who listened to ADKOT twice a day for over a year, I'm in a rut...but 10,000 Days is a fucking phenomenal record and I just cant get enough of it. Tool needs to get on it and release another album. They are supposedly working on a new one. They are EASILY the best band to come out of the ashes of the 90s, and it's not even fuckin close!

I do believe this has actually surpassed Lateralus as my favorite album by them...
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    Tool- 10,000 Days

Yeah, I know, coming from a guy who listened to ADKOT twice a day for over a year, I'm in a rut...but 10,000 Days is a fucking phenomenal record and I just cant get enough of it. Tool needs to get on it and release another album. They are supposedly working on a new one. They are EASILY the best band to come out of the ashes of the 90s, and it's not even fuckin close!

I do believe this has actually surpassed Lateralus as my favorite album by them...
    I was listening to a lot of Tool earlier in the week.

I'll always associate the start of 10,000 Days with flying over LA at night time on my way back home before Christmas last year. It was all so surreal.

EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    Tool- 10,000 Days

A rut from ADKOT ? How is that possible ??? Gasp . LOL

Funny you should mention the 90's era . I've been listening to a bit more Live .
    "All Over You" , "I Alone" , ""Lightning Crashes" , "Shit Town" and "Dolphin's Cry" . My old band used to play the first 3 songs I listed .

Pretty good stuff . Ed was a great singer , and Chad was a great songwriter , on guitar .
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    I was listening to a lot of Tool earlier in the week.

I'll always associate the start of 10,000 Days with flying over LA at night time on my way back home before Christmas last year. It was all so surreal.
    I remember you saying that before .
    Are you still into the band ?
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."

EVH diehard ...
    Skid Row - Slave to the Grind .

The moment when "Monkey Business" really kicks in , sounds really slamming !!! This record is heavier than the debut , but still has a lot of hard rock/melodic stuff .
    "In a Darkened Room" and "Quicksand Jesus" are really good . "Snake" Sabo and Scotti , really get to shine on this album .

Sebastian Bach is a local hero . Amazing set of pipes on that guy !!!
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by rawkinrobbievh1 View Post
    I remember you saying that before .
    Are you still into the band ?
    Yeah, listened to them earlier in the week.
    Unlike JD though, I gravitate to a few favourite tracks on each album. Actually, I'll listen to Lateralus in its entirety, but on every other album I own I skip a lot of tracks.

Only a little tardy
    I've listened to so much the past couple weeks.

Iced Earth - Alive at Athens
    Liege Lord - Master Control
    Judas Priest - Screaming for Vengeance
    Blind Guardian - Follow the Blind
    Fates Warning albums
    Mark Knopfler - Privateer

Quite a few more, and some have had repeated spins.
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

Like Mike
    Picked up Nazareth's Hair of the Dog. This album has everything! Fits my mood perfectly.

Giving Dave A Break
    This could be an interesting project