Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

What's in Your cd Player - Page 3
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 3 of 384 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Permanent vacation
    Oh yeah, my Christmas haul for this year as far as music goes:

Boston - Boston, and Third Stage

Frank Zappa - Strictly Commercial

Deep Purple - Deep Purple

Dream Theatre - Scenes from a Memory Pt. 2 (video)

My fave : the Boston debut album. I can't get enough of that song, "Peace of Mind". Third stage has some cool sounds on it, but the eighties drums bog it down. The Zappa's pretty cool. The Deep Purple is WEIRD. First I've heard of the original lineup. More Psychedelic-sounding than Machinehead...
    "I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I donít care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. My affections, being concentrated over a few people, are not spread all over Hell in a vile attempt to placate sulky, worthless shits."

~ William S. Burroughs

Roadie
    The only cd i got for christmas is from my grandma but i have 30 dollars and i'm going to buy a couple vh cds baby!!
    I GOT VAN HALEN 1 FROM GRANDMA.!!! i'm thinking of getting VH2 and my dad says i have to wait (i dont know why) for another one... I will get Fair Warning.
    This is Home, This is MEAN STREET!!!!

EVH On Music Inspiration:
    "Everything comes to me while I'm sitting on the pot." (Guitar World, March 1998

Van Halen dominated the human world and always will in my mind -Mean_Street (Me)

Roadie
    Actually, my dad wants me to get them from Colombia house, so i can get all of the DLR 6 for the price of one..I just dont want to wait long. Should i buy from there is get one from the store?
    This is Home, This is MEAN STREET!!!!

EVH On Music Inspiration:
    "Everything comes to me while I'm sitting on the pot." (Guitar World, March 1998

Van Halen dominated the human world and always will in my mind -Mean_Street (Me)

Band Manager
    Right now I'm listening to Ozzy's "No Rest For The Wicked," the first album with Zakk Wylde. I think it kicks ass.
    Life's a pretty sweet fruit.

Permanent vacation
    My friend got VH1 on vinyl for $5! Pissed me off!

I thinkk I'll be going on a spending spree tomorrow though....
    "I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I donít care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. My affections, being concentrated over a few people, are not spread all over Hell in a vile attempt to placate sulky, worthless shits."

~ William S. Burroughs

Mr Mod Extraordinare
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mean_Street @ Dec. 26 2001,2:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Actually, my dad wants me to get them from Colombia house, so i can get all of the DLR 6 for the price of one..I just dont want to wait long. Should i buy from there is get one from the store?[/b][/quote]
    Columbia house??

That would be a major surprise if they still carried VH.
    I know they categorize types of music, but I can't imagine them having more than 2 VH titles.

They're good for getting a bunch of titles for cheap, but once the obligation's finished, cancel it.

IMO, you're better off going to a store.
    LIGHT 'EM UP!!
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

siN / DDLR Moderator

Keep Rocking!!
    I've been spending more & more time at the 2nd hand cd store...they let you listen before you buy and you don't end up coughing up as much dough as retail...usually no more than &#036;9 a pop.
    Why don't you have some cake? - Rev. Moore, Footloose

Band Manager
    yeah, amen to the second hand store. they're awesome. i picked up some stuff that i never thought i'd find there, so i always give props to them.
    i walked in there and to my happy surprise they had ALAE and YFLM in stock, and since they don't even print those anymore, i was happy.
    It&#39;s not who you sleep with, it&#39;s who&#39;ll sleep with you again&#33;

Mr Mod Extraordinare
    These days I've been listening to mid-80s Iron Maiden, and currently have Live After Death in the car.

I got the Number Of The Beast DVD a week ago or so, that's why I'm on this Maiden kick. The damn DVD player sucks ass, and played only the first part of it--gotta get a new one. I also couldn't find my NOTB CD either in the basement--can't believe I got rid of it.
    LIGHT 'EM UP!!
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

siN / DDLR Moderator

Band Manager
    Just bought both of Godsmack's albums. I like the self-titled one better but Awake is awesome, too. I've been looking around for Led Zeppelin's Coda, but I haven't had any luck.
    Life&#39;s a pretty sweet fruit.