Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
What's in Your cd Player - Page 283
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 283 of 384 FirstFirst ... 183233273281282283284285293333383 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,830 of 3837
    Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Ribeiro View Post
    I never listened to Ghost. Heard yesterday these guys are going to make a mini tour in Brazil sooner.
    You and Unchained keep talking to each other saying how cool this band is. Now I NEED to hear them.

Suggestions?
    I wasn't hooked on them from a get go, I kind of eased into them and then got absolutely hooked.

I'd say check out the whole first album, Opus Eponymous . The stand out tracks are probably "Con Clavi Dio", "Ritual", "Elizabeth", "Satan Prayer" and "Death Knell".

You should definitely see them live if you get the chance... They have an excellent stage show.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Don't forget, "Stand by him."

That song and "Ritual," were the first thing's i'd heard on youtube, and i was instantly smitten.
    I expected screechy death metal, but got gorgeous, 70's era hard rock mixed with metal elements.

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    I'm back listening to "Opus."

My absolute favorite part is that ending section to, Elizabeth.
    i love those somber, melodic chords just chiming in repeat, then the guitarist repeats
    a two note pattern on top, and they bring it to that main riff and end abruptly.
    I love that two note part, it just builds excitement and drives it home.
    There's so many little moments like that in Opus that just make the album great.

Infestissumam is growing on me today, but Opus is clearly superior.

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    Don't forget, "Stand by him."

That song and "Ritual," were the first thing's i'd heard on youtube, and i was instantly smitten.
    I expected screechy death metal, but got gorgeous, 70's era hard rock mixed with metal elements.
    That's why I told him to just listen to the whole album.. Too many strong cuts to make a small selection!

EVH diehard ...
    I pulled up a few Ghost tracks on Youtube . Not bad , not great .
    Pretty gimmicky with the attire , though .

I'll check out more later .
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

No cheer******s allowed!
    Definitely not up there, with a band as creative as Slaughter.

EVH diehard ...
    VH- Diver Down , ADKoT

Getting primed for the events tomorrow night !!!
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by rawkinrobbievh1 View Post
    Slaughter - Greatest Hits .

Tim Kelly was an awesome guitar player . Very tasty and melodic , better than the band he played in .
    RIP .
    Didnt he die in a car wreck about 10 years ago? I remember when my cousin got the Slaughter cassette haha. Must have been '88 or '89. Never cared much for Mark's voice but it had a couple cool tunes for the time period. Always liked Mad About You(I think that's what it was called?).
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    Didnt he die in a car wreck about 10 years ago? I remember when my cousin got the Slaughter cassette haha. Must have been '88 or '89. Never cared much for Mark's voice but it had a couple cool tunes for the time period. Always liked Mad About You(I think that's what it was called?).
    Yeah ... car accident . Shame too .

The actual band got on my nerves . Mark sounded too much like a high pitched , whiney chick . Dana Strum thought he was God's gift , and the drummer (sorry JD) looked like a pretty boy Bon Jovi clone .

Tim had some good chops though . He was tasty . Much better that a lot of the other 80's wannabees that came out .
    He played melodic stuff that fit the songs , but had some "burn" in him too .

"Mad About You" was the song you mentioned . Neat tune .
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by rawkinrobbievh1 View Post
    Yeah ... car accident . Shame too .

The actual band got on my nerves . Mark sounded too much like a high pitched , whiney chick . Dana Strum thought he was God's gift , and the drummer (sorry JD) looked like a pretty boy Bon Jovi clone .

Tim had some good chops though . He was tasty . Much better that a lot of the other 80's wannabees that came out .
    He played melodic stuff that fit the songs , but had some "burn" in him too .

"Mad About You" was the song you mentioned . Neat tune .
    Oh man, no worries, I hated that drummer! He spent more time twirling his sticks and flinging his hair around than he did actually hitting the drums in all their videos. Yeah, the guitarist made that band.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!