Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
What's in Your cd Player - Page 282
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 282 of 384 FirstFirst ... 182232272280281282283284292332382 ... LastLast
Results 2,811 to 2,820 of 3837
    Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by rawkinrobbievh1 View Post
    I know you might think i'm gonna take Ed's word at face value , but ...

Yngwie has also said the same thing about his guitars . Identical story to Eddie's .
    Seeing the abuse he puts them through , i think he knows a thing or two about keeping a Strat in tune ?

Also , when Eddie was talking to that tech about the Frankie replica series , the tech knew right away what Ed was explaining and how it helped .
    This is a guy who maintains guitars for a living , and he gave credibility to the story .
    I just fail to see how you can turn the other end of the string, when it's beneath the bridge. Even if he re-strung it so that the ball end was sticking out still from under the bridge, by the time you'd have to let go of it to let it go back through the tremolo cavity, it would just unwind again.

Like Mike
    The new Ghost finally arrived.

EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    I just fail to see how you can turn the other end of the string, when it's beneath the bridge. Even if he re-strung it so that the ball end was sticking out still from under the bridge, by the time you'd have to let go of it to let it go back through the tremolo cavity, it would just unwind again.
    I thought he said that with every wind of the tuning peg , he's turn the ball end ?
    Yngwie said the same thing in a nutshell .

Keep in mind that what we think is tedious and boring , Ed did out of curiosity and personal need .
    Eddie was a constant and habitual tinkerer . I can totally see him with a set of needle nosed pliers , fiddling with the ball end of the string ...
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

EVH diehard ...
    Richie Sambora - 3rd solo album
    Jeff Healey - See the Light
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by rawkinrobbievh1 View Post
    I thought he said that with every wind of the tuning peg , he's turn the ball end ?
    Yngwie said the same thing in a nutshell .

Keep in mind that what we think is tedious and boring , Ed did out of curiosity and personal need .
    Eddie was a constant and habitual tinkerer . I can totally see him with a set of needle nosed pliers , fiddling with the ball end of the string ...
    How can you turn the ball end when it's pretty much in the bridge? If you leave it out and turn it, then turn the pegs to get the ball in tightly, it would just coil back to how it was before.

EVH diehard ...
    Like i said , i can picture Ed spending hours trying to figure out a way !
    He's done it before . I don't have a non-Floyd guitar with me to experiment with though .

Maybe there's more info on an Yngwie site ?
    Maybe someone can send a tech question to Matt Bruck c/o that Guitar World column he does ?

I dunno Jack , but Ed has dismantled every aspect of the electric guitar . He spent hours (years?) figuring out how to make it work HIS way .
    He fooled around with the tuning pegs , he changed and oiled the nut , he tried sawing a trem bridge in half , etc .....

I don't doubt for a second that he putzed around with the string winding aspect too .
    We're fans and followers , HE'S the mad scientist/genius .
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."

No cheer******s allowed!
    I'm back listening to "Opus."

My absolute favorite part is that ending section to, Elizabeth.
    i love those somber, melodic chords just chiming in repeat, then the guitarist repeats
    a two note pattern on top, and they bring it to that main riff and end abruptly.
    I love that two note part, it just builds excitement and drives it home.

EVH diehard ...
    Gary Moore - Still Got the Blues .
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."

Metal Up Your A$$!

Question

I never listened to Ghost. Heard yesterday these guys are going to make a mini tour in Brazil sooner.
    You and Unchained keep talking to each other saying how cool this band is. Now I NEED to hear them.

Suggestions?
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

EVH diehard ...
    Slaughter - Greatest Hits .

Tim Kelly was an awesome guitar player . Very tasty and melodic , better than the band he played in .
    RIP .
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."