Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
What's in Your cd Player - Page 281
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 281 of 384 FirstFirst ... 181231271279280281282283291331381 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,810 of 3837
  1. #2801
    Like Mike
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,338
    Listening to Pleasures of the Flesh is really converting me on Zetro.

    I was always a huge Baloff guy when it came to Exodus, and didn't care much for Zetro at all. But damn, the guy really rips it on the Flesh. His versions are far superior to the Baloff demos of the same tunes. I think that maybe he just had an off record on Impact is Imminent, which is what I used to base him on.

    New Ghost album should be arriving in the mail tomorrow... Pumped for that one.

  2. #2802
    EVH diehard ...
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    7,146
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    I think the Page thing is just some bs thing he made up along with boiling strings and twisting the other end of the string each time you turn the tuning peg.

    There was a whole thread dedicated to stuff like this a few years ago. ICM did most of the de-bunking.
    I don't think it was all bs . Then again it's hard to say for sure . Ed has made some contradictory statements in the past .
    The twisting of the ball end of the string while tuning seems legit though , at least to me .

    I'll elaborate more if you want ...
    Last edited by rawkinrobbievh1; April 17th, 2013 at 09:57 AM.
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

  3. #2803
    EVH diehard ...
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    7,146
    Whitesnake - Slip of the Tongue
    Whitesnake - Forevermore
    Tesla - Five Man Acoustical Band , live
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

  4. #2804
    Like Mike
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,338
    The "One Foot Out the Door" solo... Christ.

    That has to be the most mind blowing work by Eddie out there. Those weird sliding runs he plays... How the hell does he do that? What the fuck? Incredible.

  5. #2805
    Like Mike
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,338
    Quote Originally Posted by rawkinrobbievh1 View Post
    I don't think it was all bs . Then again it's hard to say for sure . Ed has made some contradictory statements in the past .
    The twisting of the ball end of the string while tuning seems legit though , at least to me .

    I'll elaborate more if you want ...
    No elaboration needed.

  6. #2806
    No cheer******s allowed!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    28,415
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    The "One Foot Out the Door" solo... Christ.

    That has to be the most mind blowing work by Eddie out there. Those weird sliding runs he plays... How the hell does he do that? What the fuck? Incredible.
    I think that solo was the genesis of the multi-finger (two finger) tapping, he later used in the 1984 solo.

    He doesn't use a tray, but you can clearly here a run where he incorporates that technique.

  7. #2807
    Metal Up Your A$$!
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Far, far away
    Posts
    14,465

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    Listening to Pleasures of the Flesh is really converting me on Zetro.

    I was always a huge Baloff guy when it came to Exodus, and didn't care much for Zetro at all. But damn, the guy really rips it on the Flesh. His versions are far superior to the Baloff demos of the same tunes. I think that maybe he just had an off record on Impact is Imminent, which is what I used to base him on.

    New Ghost album should be arriving in the mail tomorrow... Pumped for that one.

    I love Pleasures of the Flesh A LOT, man. One of my favourites from Exodus since I 1st heard the album!
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

  8. #2808
    Metal Up Your A$$!
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Far, far away
    Posts
    14,465

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    The "One Foot Out the Door" solo... Christ.

    That has to be the most mind blowing work by Eddie out there.
    Those weird sliding runs he plays... How the hell does he do that? What the fuck? Incredible.
    NO doubt - what an excellent guitar solo from the greatest one of all time.

    I also enjoy the the uptempo thing Alex does right before the 1st guitar solo. Awesome!
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

  9. #2809
    EVH diehard ...
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    7,146
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    The "One Foot Out the Door" solo... Christ.

    That has to be the most mind blowing work by Eddie out there. Those weird sliding runs he plays... How the hell does he do that? What the fuck? Incredible.
    I know it's a cliche but Eddie really sounded mean and pissed off on that album !
    Choke full of great stuff . Just think .... FW wasn't a big hit when it came out
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

  10. #2810
    EVH diehard ...
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    7,146
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    No elaboration needed.
    I know you might think i'm gonna take Ed's word at face value , but ...

    Yngwie has also said the same thing about his guitars . Identical story to Eddie's .
    Seeing the abuse he puts them through , i think he knows a thing or two about keeping a Strat in tune ?

    Also , when Eddie was talking to that tech about the Frankie replica series , the tech knew right away what Ed was explaining and how it helped .
    This is a guy who maintains guitars for a living , and he gave credibility to the story .
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •