Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
What's in Your cd Player - Page 243
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 243 of 384 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245253293343 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,430 of 3837
    No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rawkinrobbievh1 View Post
    It IS possible when people don't perceive their views as cannon , while others who have their own opinions as lesser mortals .

Just sayin'
    M'kay, Robbie...

ICM is the one blowing a gasket over this Who stuff, in effect making his view as cannon.
    I love how it's always turned around, like i'm the emotional one.

Meanwhile, ICM, JD, heck even you, are prone to plenty of hissy-fits.

Just sayin'...

Like Mike
    Made the trek to Best Buy and made a few purchases, including a couple of albums I wouldn't have gotten if they weren't so cheap:

Eric B. & Rakim - Don't Sweat the Technique
    Motley Crue - Too Fast For Love
    Soundgarden - Badmotorfinger
    Beastie Boys - Licensed to Ill
    Scorpions - Blackout

The Crue album is my first ever hair metal purchase. I used to hate them, but lately have enjoyed a handful of their tunes. It was 7 bucks, so fuck it. I thought that the first Soundgarden album is their only worthy work, but for 5 bucks, I may as well give Badmotorfinger a try. Not too keen on the Scorpions, but once again, 5 bucks...

No cheer******s allowed!
    I, too, just made a pilgrimage to my local Best Buy.

Ended up with a few i didn't already have:

The Who sell out

The Who by numbers

Who are you?

Who's next....

I'm gearing myself up for a night of primal, Golden God throated, Dream theater-esque, rock 'n roll!

Like Mike
    They had a bunch of Hendrix's South Saturn Delta for 5 bucks. Too bad I already have it.

Are Blackout and Too Fast For Love good?

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    They had a bunch of Hendrix's South Saturn Delta for 5 bucks. Too bad I already have it.

Are Blackout and Too Fast For Love good?
    I was never big into Scorpions, but i did have "Blackout."
    I guess it's the only one you need, from the Mathias Jabs era (actually, Animal Magnetism is better).

"Too Fast for love" is great!

It has two of my favorite Crue tunes, of all time:
    Take me to the top and Starry eyes.
    "Piece of your action" is also awesome (love the dirty slide).

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    I was never big into Scorpions, but i did have "Blackout."
    I guess it's the only one you need, from the Mathias Jabs era (actually, Animal Magnetism is better).

"Too Fast for love" is great!

It has two of my favorite Crue tunes, of all time:
    Take me to the top and Starry eyes.
    "Piece of your action" is also awesome (love the dirty slide).
    A few of the Uli Jon Roth tunes are pretty good.

"Take me to the Top" is a good tune. Might get Shout at the Devil and Girls, Girls, Girls at some point if I like this one.

I was reading Wikipedia, and it tells me the only memorable song on it is "Blackout," and that the tremolo dive bomb on the main riff is really cool.
    It also said, "Arizona was such a gas," is going to be some of the worst lyrics you've ever heard.
    Wikipedia also said I really loved that tape when I was about 13. I was glad it told me.
    Wait..."Big City Nights" is on that one too, isn't it? Hmm...might need to give that one another try.

Too Fast for Love is all right. It has "Live Wire." It sounds kind of cheesy next to Shout at the Devil, though. I got the Elektra version and then the Motley Records reissue (now I'm starting to wonder...do I have three copies of that record?), and I think Elektra made wise edits.

I've said here before that I think Shout at the Devil is actually more intense and menacing than anything I've heard out of Slayer (someone blew a gasket when I said that). A good mid-tempo groove moves me more than something clicking by at 200 bpm.

I also picked up License to Ill at Best Buy. $3.99! If you ripped off some of those beats and put a new song to them, you would probably have something awesome!

No cheer******s allowed!
    "Big City Nights" was not on "Blackout."

Just checked Amazon. "No One Like You" was the big tune on Blackout. Indeed "Big City Nights" was on Love at First Sting. And I had the one with the censored K-Mart cover of just the band because I knew my parents would flip out on the real cover.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
    Just checked Amazon. "No One Like You" was the big tune on Blackout. Indeed "Big City Nights" was on Love at First Sting. And I had the one with the censored K-Mart cover of just the band because I knew my parents would flip out on the real cover.
    Oh, brother...

I'd hate to hear you name song's off the albums that weren't huge hits.