Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
What's in Your cd Player - Page 223
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 223 of 384 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225233273323 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 3837
    Like Mike
    Witchfinder General - Death Penalty.

Chock full of great riffs.. Check out "Free Country" if you haven't already.

Nice album artwork too.

Only a little tardy
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post

Chock full of great riffs.. Check out "Free Country" if you haven't already.

Nice album artwork too.
    That's a great record! The CD version I got is very cool, the CD mimics a vinyl with it being black, ridges and has that inner sticker. Way cool.

Friends of Hell is another good record by them.
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick AVH fan View Post
    That's a great record! The CD version I got is very cool, the CD mimics a vinyl with it being black, ridges and has that inner sticker. Way cool.

Friends of Hell is another good record by them.
    That's awesome, I have a version of Killing is my Business... And Business is Good! that's like that.

Didn't they only record two records before that recent reunion?

Only a little tardy
    That's awesome, I have a version of Killing is my Business... And Business is Good! that's like that.

Didn't they only record two records before that recent reunion?
    Yep, only two. The new one doesn't have the same singer though. As cracky and squeaky Zeebs' vocals are, they fit with Witchfinder General.

Like Mike
    Yep, only two. The new one doesn't have the same singer though. As cracky and squeaky Zeebs' vocals are, they fit with Witchfinder General.
    I heard the new one has a different vocalist, so I'm staying away.

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation

Whoa! I think I still own the cassete for that record somewhere at home. Kudos for listening to that stuff, man.

I've been into Led Zep ALL the way for the last .... 06 months or so. Maybe more, can't say for sure.

Learned almost everything from almost every record (except CODA which I refuse to listen to).

Bonham, man. That guy was incredible. I simply NEED to learn more about him, his technique AND buy a better snare drum.

I also got a hook on Whitesnake - old and new ones. Even the shitty stuff from Slip of the Tongue started to sound decent to me.

Not so sure why, btw.
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

Only a little tardy
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Ribeiro View Post
    Whoa! I think I still own the cassete for that record somewhere at home. Kudos for listening to that stuff, man.

I've been into Led Zep ALL the way for the last .... 06 months or so. Maybe more, can't say for sure.

Learned almost everything from almost every record (except CODA which I refuse to listen to).

Bonham, man. That guy was incredible. I simply NEED to learn more about him, his technique AND buy a better snare drum.

I also got a hook on Whitesnake - old and new ones. Even the shitty stuff from Slip of the Tongue started to sound decent to me.

Not so sure why, btw.
    Hahaha, a few months ago I bought a Ludwig Supraphonic snare. The quintessential 70s rock snare drum. Bonham, Paice, Van Halen used it. Love it.

I'm a bigger fan of the early Whitesnake, its more like 70s hard rock than the commericial 80s rock of Slip of the Tongue.

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Ribeiro View Post

Not so sure why, btw.
    I just love that down tuned doom sound!

I was on a huge Zep kick for about 2 months.

Why do you refuse to listen to CODA? There are a couple of nice tracks on it, man!

When I was younger and hadn't heard many metal drummers, I was blown away by his "chops". Now that I'm older, that doesn't impress me all that much, but his sound, feel, grooves and beats blow me away. The way him and JPJ lock in together (especially live) is incredible.

Hahaha, a few months ago I bought a Ludwig Supraphonic snare. The quintessential 70s rock snare drum. Bonham, Paice, Van Halen used it. Love it.
    Congratulations on getting the snare drum of the gods!

Do you know what the model number of that Supraphonic is? If I understand what I'm reading right (and I probably don't), there are different models of the Supraphonic. I was at a music store yesterday and they had a Jason Bonham Vistalite kit that has the Led Zeppelin I cover on the bass drum, and it was even signed by Jason Bonham (and I could tell it was a real signature, because it was slightly smeared). After that I came home to check out that kit online, and it says the snare is a "Supraphonic 402." Does that mean anything?

A Supraphonic snare is just THE snare to have, no matter what number (and a Speed King pedal, too!). If I knew anything about drums, that's what I would have.

How about some sound clips?

Yours truly, As Is

THIS is the snare to end all snares! Only 100 of these beautiful babies made!

Ludwigs are just simply the best drums made, period. It's a shame you dont see more drummers playing them. I'm glad Al has stuck with them all these years.
    Last edited by Jungle Drummer; January 13th, 2013 at 06:11 PM.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!