Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 182 of 384 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192232282 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 3837
    EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    Well, definitely. Dave is my favorite rock singer/frontman of all time, period! The only one even close is Bon Scott and neither he or Dave are considered to be technically "great" vocalists, which I dont agree with. It's rock an roll, not opera!

To your question to Robbie on VH III songs, my favs are: One I Want, Without You, From Afar, Year To The Day, Ballot Or The Bullet, Josephina, and Fire In The Hole.
    glad to see the love on here from you two fans about this often overlooked and dismissed VH entry !

we all agree that CVH (and now CVH Mach II) are the best , but there's strong material and/or moments of WOW on every album .
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by rawkinrobbievh1 View Post
    glad to see the love on here from you two fans about this often overlooked and dismissed VH entry !

we all agree that CVH (and now CVH Mach II) are the best , but there's strong material and/or moments of WOW on every album .
    Yep, we are in complete agreement on this.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelah View Post
    Ha!!! I didn't know you were online JD....

I concur, I concur. I love how Gary doesn't crawl into the bullshit....admirable. Respect.

Dave is my fave for VH, always and forever.
    i agree with you both on this .

Dave is THE frontman for VH and always will be .

i liked Sammy . still like the tunes but not him as a person . Gary tried to fill in but failed to convert the public opinion . he's still a great guy and a humble and sincere person .
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."

EVH diehard ...
    [QUOTE=Jungle Drummer;301929]Yep, we are in complete agreement on this.[/QUOTE

and just like our faith and loyalty paid off with the release of ADKOT , we'll be laughing and rocking again when the boys hit us with more ...

C'mon with the follow up album !!!!! i already can't wait
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."

Peace...
    Nelah !!!!! lol

i too like VHIII from start to finish , but i'll often skip HMSI . it's cool to have as a novelty though , to hear King Edward sing lead on a very un-VH type track .

i really like Year To The Day , From Afar , One I Want , Dirty Water Dog and Once .

i'm with you about how the music VH have made over the years has an emotional and spiritual impact on your life . it affects me the same way , and has been not only fun , but healing ...
    Heh heh heh... so funny, you are Robbie!

I would bet that we are outnumbered on liking VH III. I don't know what it is exactly about How Many Say I... I adore EVH's voice... the track doesn't "speak" to me though.

From Afar, lyrically is likely my fave.... and again very good memories attached to that song (see the lap dance thread).

I actually think VH effects most of us on here in an emotional and spiritual way... we just express it differently, and are in different spaces and places regarding the band.

Healing.... yes. And oh such incredible fun!!

EVH diehard ...
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Are you into the electric or acoustic set? I love both, but my ears adore acoustic. I saw them in Minneapolis for the acoustic tour..... The live version of I Dare You? Perfection.

Did you take my words of wisdom and go see them when they passed through this summer? Still flyin ever so high. I got to MEET them.
    major congrats Nelah !
    meeting them would be awesome for you

as far as the discs , i've checked them all out . i really liked the acoustic dvd for some reason . the speech Brent makes about his son , before playing If You Only Knew , gives me chills ...

he's got a fantastic voice , but i wished he didn't sing in a lower key on some of the choruses ? i love hearing him belt out those notes !
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."

EVH diehard ...
    Heh heh heh... so funny, you are Robbie!

I would bet that we are outnumbered on liking VH III. I don't know what it is exactly about How Many Say I... I adore EVH's voice... the track doesn't "speak" to me though.

From Afar, lyrically is likely my fave.... and again very good memories attached to that song (see the lap dance thread).

I actually think VH effects most of us on here in an emotional and spiritual way... we just express it differently, and are in different spaces and places regarding the band.

Healing.... yes. And oh such incredible fun!!
    the Force is strong with you too , Nelah

speaking of VHIII , there's a great interview type clip on Youtube from Australia 1998 . have you seen it ?
    Eddie does most of the talking and even straps his purple Wolfgang guitar around the female reporters neck and gives her a 'reach around' guitar lesson ... lol

it's pretty funny
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."

Peace...
    major congrats Nelah !
    meeting them would be awesome for you

as far as the discs , i've checked them all out . i really liked the acoustic dvd for some reason . the speech Brent makes about his son , before playing If You Only Knew , gives me chills ...

he's got a fantastic voice , but i wished he didn't sing in a lower key on some of the choruses ? i love hearing him belt out those notes !
    Brent couldn't seem to maintain the higher key on a consistent basis for the big notes at the rock shows I attended. I saw them four times in 2010, and by the summer in Wyoming he was using a vocal backing track (of his own voice mind you) on numbers like Diamond Eyes, Second Chance and If You Only Knew. In November for the acoustic tour he used the lower key for some of the same tunes and was spot on. I think his voice took a beating for those years of Sound of Madness touring.

I adore his stories (partly because his speaking voice makes my knees weak... )... The meaning and symbolism behind all of his songs pulls me right in!!!

When we met he said I have a beautiful smile...... well dont ya think that made my year.... Wow....

Peace...
    the Force is strong with you too , Nelah

speaking of VHIII , there's a great interview type clip on Youtube from Australia 1998 . have you seen it ?
    Eddie does most of the talking and even straps his purple Wolfgang guitar around the female reporters neck and gives her a 'reach around' guitar lesson ... lol

it's pretty funny
    Nope....

Fortunate female reporter.... I will watch it. I will.

I think I would faint full out if Eddie touched me.

EVH diehard ...
    oh yeah , i totally get why he sang like that on certain songs . his voice is his bread and butter .

i just would've liked the discs i bought to have him going full throttle !!
    still , he's an amazing singer and one hell of a talent . his personal struggles and eventual triumphs are also quite inspiring .

... and i bet you have a nice smlie too ...
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."