Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
What's in Your cd Player - Page 224
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 224 of 384 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226234274324 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 3837
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    Ludwigs are just simply the best drums made, period. It's a shame you dont see more drummers playing them. I'm glad Al has stuck with them all these years.
    Maybe it was from seeing kits with the Ludwig logo on them on the Midnight Special when I was a kid, but for some reason, that logo just says "drums" to me. My friend that plays drums has a Pearl kit, and he's a good drummer, but something about the Pearl logo just doesn't feel like you're standing next to history.

My buddy says that in the `80's Ludwig's quality sorta dipped, and that's when Pearl and Tama took over. I know that Ludwig kept using their `60's-style tom mounts, which are two spikes that you used a wrench to tighten the toms down to, whereas Pearl had the individually adjustable arms. I can imagine that would've influenced people's choice at the time.

I don't know if Ludwig has new ownership and got better, or if it's just that they're time has come around again, but I'm seeing them more often on TV. Also, I believe all Ludwigs are made in America in North Carolina, even the Accent series, whereas Pearl and Tama are made overseas.

Slingerland is back, too, being made by Gibson guitars.

Yours truly, As Is
    Yeah, Ludwigs are made in Carolina, and Nick has said he's toured the plant I believe. Lucky punk.

I really wish they'd market that AVH signature snare full time. I'd love to be one of the 100 people who has it. Al's snare sound has never been duplicated or surpassed, but this snare comes extremely close.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Now I think we need a drum thread!

Looking up Ludwig kits on YouTube, I found this guy's channel. He's got all the classic Bonham kits, and the real vintage deal, not the reissues: the maple, the green sparkle, the steel, and the brown Vistalites. He's also got a "John Densmore" kit and some other vintage ones. He says you can grab the vintage ones for less than the reissue kits on E-Bay and Craigslist.

Awesome Vintage Ludwig YouTube channel.

(I recommend his Moby Dick on the green sparkle. Sounds like Buddy Rich playing Moby Dick!)

No cheer******s allowed!
    I thought it was called, "What's in your CD player," not "What drums are you currently playing."

I think we all have ADD on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    I thought it was called, "What's in your CD player," not "What drums are you currently playing."

I think we all have ADD on this board.
    This thread is now 2,235 posts deep, so five or six posts on drums won't permanently derail it.

A drum thread could be great, though.

Yours truly, As Is
    Fuck NOOOOOOOOoooooooo! Not a few posts between members talking about drums!!!! If ICM and I were talking about guitars, you'd be creamin yourself, UG! Relax man.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Like Mike
    I think that a drum thread is exactly what this site needs... To have everyone flee the site from boredom.

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    I think that a drum thread is exactly what this site needs... To have everyone flee the site from boredom.

Why youuuuu....*mutters under breath*...damn guitar players!

No cheer******s allowed!
    Speaking of drums, i think on this upcoming tour, Alex Van Halen should do a drum solo that highlights
    the Greg Bisonette era of Roth's solo career.

What better way to celebrate Van Halen?

It could be the band coming full circle....or something.

Permanent vacation
    Allow me to recommend a winner you might've missed out on, back in the day, UC....

It's called Gregg Bissonette -- Submarine!

Great little overlooked collection. It's got plenty of guests on it. Including your favourites: Steve Vai, and Joe Satriani! Along with Robben Ford, Frank Gambale, Steve Stevens, Gary Hoey....

... And if the guest lineup isn't enough to sway you, it's on Favored Nations. The record label started by Steve Vai!

Joking aside, it's a pretty good album save for a few throwaway tracks where Gregg tries to do vocals. Most of the guitarists, I couldn't listen to a full album of, but they sound more fresh and inspired as guests as opposed to dialing in.
    "I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I donít care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. My affections, being concentrated over a few people, are not spread all over Hell in a vile attempt to placate sulky, worthless shits."

~ William S. Burroughs