Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
What's in Your cd Player - Page 382
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 382 of 384 FirstFirst ... 282332372380381382383384 LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,820 of 3837
    No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    I just feel like Steel has more signature riffs, hooks and overall a better sound.

Why is it sometimes called Hell Bent for Leather and at others Killing Machine?
    That's one of the only albums of theirs that's available near me.
    I'm contemplating buying it, but the vibe I get from it is off.
    Unleashed in the East is a killer record, was kinda disappointed to hear that most of it was re done in the studio though.
    I never cared because it was still them playing the music.

You need to buy the remaster of Unleashed, because it contains all the cuts left off
    the original album (Delivering the goods, Starbreaker).

"Killing Machine" was the UK version of the album.
    "Hell bent for leather" was it's US name.

Apparently, the US market considered "Killing machine" too extreme a title, to be stocked
    in K-Marts, etc.

Only a little tardy
    Stained Class is by far my favorite next to Sad Wings of Destiny if we're to talk about the 70s Priest. Unleashed has some of my favorite versions though, "Tyrant" just slays from the live album. So much energy and I always loved Leslie's more technical approach to drums. Guess they had to fill a void Phillips left on Sin After Sin and continue on...then they went simple for 10 years! LOL
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    I never cared because it was still them playing the music.

You need to buy the remaster of Unleashed, because it contains all the cuts left off
    the original album (Delivering the goods, Starbreaker).

"Killing Machine" was the UK version of the album.
    "Hell bent for leather" was it's US name.

Apparently, the US market considered "Killing machine" too extreme a title, to be stocked
    in K-Marts, etc.
    That's the version I have. That version of Starbreaker has to be my favourite Priest tune. Also love "Diamonds and Rust".

That explains it, thanks.

Slash Ft Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators - Live at The Roxy

No cheer******s allowed!
    There was an ad on the radio for Slash coming to town, and i could not get over how
    much i did not like the singer standing in for Axl.

They had clips of him singing old GNR and it was just bizarre sounding.

I know that this guy is considered the modern day Robert Plant, and everyone wants
    him in their band, but....

I guess i just wasn't feeling it.

There was an ad on the radio for Slash coming to town, and i could not get over how
    much i did not like the singer standing in for Axl.

They had clips of him singing old GNR and it was just bizarre sounding.

I know that this guy is considered the modern day Robert Plant, and everyone wants
    him in their band, but....

I guess i just wasn't feeling it.

Its hard to get used to someone else singing tunes you have heard a certain singer perform for years I get that, but Myles is a really talented dude. I love his work in Alter Bridge and the new material he has done with Slash is top notch and thats most of the setlist anyway. The GNR songs they did when I saw them a couple months ago were:

Nighttrain
    You Could Be Mine
    Rocket Queen
    Sweet Child O' Mine
    Paradise City
    Mr Brownstone
    They also did Welcome to The Jungle but the bass player Todd Kearns handled lead vocals on that one.

They did Slither from VR but 14 tunes that were from the 3 Slash solo records and I love those songs.

Like Mike
    Alter Bridge is an abomination.

Can't get over the fact that Mark Tremonti headed one of the most embarrassing bands of all time in Creed, but is now respected and revered because of his second rate bands Alter Bridge and Tremonti. It's ridiculous. Can't stand them.

No cheer******s allowed!
    I actually didn't mind that first Creed album, kinda liked "my own prison."
    I absolutely hated the albums they did post debut, though.

For the life of me, i could not get into Alter Bridge or Tremonti.
    All these "modern" hard rock bands, even Halestorm, i just can't hear any good songwriting
    going on.
    I can hear individual talent, but not a cohesive, interesting band.

That damn Decline DVD has gotten me into bands like X, Fear & the Circle Jerks.
    It's the most primitive stuff (not X, X are great musicians), but i just love that 1980
    attitude.

That damn Decline DVD has gotten me into bands like X, Fear & the Circle Jerks.
    Ice Cream Man met Lee Ving (FEAR) at the Whisky A-Go-Go during his summer 2014 trip to Los Angeles.

Like Mike
    They've been around since the 90s, but Clutch has to be the only great actual rock band out there.

I saw them on a double bill with Mastodon. I went to see Mastodon, but Clutch blew them off the stage. It was bizarre, these loser looking middle aged men (Actually, the drummer looked really cool) went out there, put on an entertaining show and just slayed. It was like an American equivalent to Sabbath's happier songs. Just riff after riff. Great front man, too.

Here's a new one